Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.7

on 6/8/2009 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I acutally like this foundation (yes i am surprised lol). I think this is perfect for summer. It only provides sheer to medium coverage so I do have to conceal a few areas, but no biggie. I apply this with the sigma kabuki brush. it's foolproof and fast. and the best thing is that it doesn't seem to aggravate my acne:) oh, i apply a primer (pure luxe eraser) and then a silica powder before i apply this foundation. i also apply silica powder after applying my foundation.

on 4/18/2009 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this stuff! I personally do not use it as a foundation-powder, but just use it to set my normal foundation (I need a lot of coverage because of acne and scars). I use it usually over my Revlon liquid foundation, and I use it for touch-ups throughout the day. I think it works amazingly! I think it leaves a pretty flawless finish, though, if you add too much, it will look cakey. But, all-in-all, I really like this product. It doesn't break me out and feels very light-weight. I will definetly repurchase!

on 4/8/2009 10:48:00 PM

I like this product, it is so quick and easy to use...just rub the sponge on the powder and wipe it on your face. Like other reviewers mentioned, it is best if you don't have major wrinkles or lines, and just wish to even out your skin tone. It's true that it gets used up really fast. I buy two at a time in two different shades, and blend accordingly to how my face looks on any particular day. It is GREAT if you have really oily skin like mine. The texture is just right.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I wanted to love this, but I don't. The powder itself is just so-so...and the idea that the brush is connected is good in theory, however I was practically having nightmares thinking about how dirty it was getting and all of the bacteria growing in it because you can't clean it. Also the powder doesn't come out very well. Definitely not worth $10 and I won't be buying this again. :(

on 1/23/2009 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I like the color choices offered, but it doesn't give me full coverage and it's a bit too chalky. The classic ivory is a good choice for it doesn't look too yellowy or pinkish on my skin.

Im on my second case of this powder. I really like this powder and I use it every day and it has never broken me out. (which is a major factor for me) I actually spent some time reading ingredients and Neutrogena as well as Physicians Formula seem to really be the only ds brands to not use talc in the powder. I don't use it all over, but only on my T-zone after foundation and as a touch up throughout the day. I would not recommend using the sponge because it looks supa cakey. The spf is great and the mirror compact is nice too. I use this with a powder brush and it does a good job at covering shine. My only complaint is that it can be kinda flat looking, but I don't like a heavy makeup look at all, so I'm kinda picky to begin with. But...hands down the best ds compact powder and not heavy feeling.

Very natural and makes my skin GLOW!

My skin gets oily in 30 minutes after cleansing, and this is the only foundation that works miracles for me! It goes on smoothly on a well-moisturized skin, can be built up to a nice velvety coverage, makes face look even and matte.
My skin is fair, but I tried Soft Beige to find that it actually gives a healthier tone to my face. The best part about this product is that it stays put on my very oily skin for a long time (I perform on stage, and I sweat a lot, and it's there after several hours!), it prevents the shine in the T-Zone, and it has not caused break outs after 2 months of daily usage. I will buy this product again.

on 10/29/2008 2:46:00 PM

On my 4th one. This is hands down the best powder / powder foundation you will ever find in a drugstore! I use this on days I don't want to look too made up with just some mascara and lip gloss. It not only covers pretty well it also gives a clarity and slight radiant glow to my skin and you can't even tell I have anything on my skin. Will buy again and again.

on 7/18/2008 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using L'oreal bare naturelle with great results for over a year now. I wanted something equally good in a more travel friendly package. And let me just say...I love this one!! There are not many pressed mineral powders yet in Canada - and neutrogena isn't even available yet. I got this on a visit to the states. Shade 10- classic ivory which is about comparable to 458 light ivory in bare naturelle. This power covers pretty naturally, rarely looks cakey and has SPF20!! I actually like the packaging a bit more than others because the mirror stays clean because it is not beside the powder. Definatly one of my new favs.