Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.7

on 9/30/2012 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I love love love LOVE this powder foundation. I'm definitely more of a powder or mineral foundation girl. I will use liquid foundation but most of the time I don't have great experiences with it. I was previously using Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua which is really nice, one of the few liquid foundations I actually like but I do have oily/combo skin and I needed something that was a powder but was still gonna give me the right amount of coverage for me. I was in CVS and noticed this Neutrogena Mineral Sheers with SPF 20. The fact that it had SPF 20 definitely made me happy cause I live in Florida where it's super hot and I always need my foundations to have SPF. I was a little nervous about the coverage this would give cause sometimes they will be more like setting powders than powders that will actually give you coverage. This one is definitely a powder foundation. It gives wonderful coverage, it evens out my skintones, hides the majority of my blemishes and even helps with my under eye circles. I still use concealer but this gives the perfection coverage for me personally. I don't like heavy coverage and this looks very natural but still evens everything out. Also it doesn't look ashy on me which is great as well. Sometimes powders will make you look extremely dry but this one is so smooth and creamy. Another plus is that it didn't break me out! My skin is pretty sensitive but this worked well with my skin. The packaging is kind of a chunky compact with a mirror and sponge. It takes up a lot of room in my makeup bag but it's okay cause that's the only downside to this product for me. The price was 13-14 dollars but I'm sure you could get it cheaper at Walmart or Target. I would definitely say if you have dry/normal skin you probably won't like this cause it's pretty matte but if you have oily skin you'll fall in love. I can't live without this powder foundation, it's great! :)

I was really hoping that this product would work out, but it wasn't the right product for me. I have oily skin that is acne prone. Pros of this product: great coverage. Cons: My skin was so much more oily when using this product. I typically blot my face with blotting papers once or twice throughout the day; with this makeup I literally would blot my face and an hour later, it looked oily again : ( So, if you have oily skin, this is not the product for you. Also, it sort of made my face itch a little here and there.

I really wish this product worked better for me. But, if you don't have oily skin, I'd recommend this product! : )

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

*Sigh* I'm already afraid. Everytime I find a product that seems too good to be true, it probably is. Enough of my soap opera; let me get down to the review:

I was in CVS today blowing $$ on drugstore cosmetics. I needed a new foundation as my regular was looking too orange/dark on me. I have been reading reviews on Revlon colorstay foundation so I picked up two bottles (B1G1 half off)-- one in toast and the other in the next shade darker-- (I like to mix to create the perfect shade). I also picked up this mineral foundation in tan 80. I prayed as I held it---I have a nasty history w/ mineral makeup--breaks me out like hell within hours...I'm talking itchy, swelling cystic acne within a matter of 2- 3 hrs to a day or two. Bad news.
But since its Neutrogena and the package says "dermatologist- selected minerals" I thought I'd give it a go.

I spread a layer of the Colorstay liquid over my face w/ my MAC foundation brush and used a fluffy brush to set with this powder foundation and WOW--my skin looked flawlessly gorgeous! Not a pore in sight, no acne or acne scars showing....just smooth, even, soft, shine- free yet glowy, PERFECT skin. No need for a concealer. I squealed in delight! I've searched for a long time for products to make my skin look this beautiful; wasted a lot of $$$ on expensive brands, only to find my possible HG in a drugstore :)

Its only been one day---too soon to tell----but I'll update if this stuff breaks me out like all other mineral products I"ve used in the past. Keep your fingers crossed!

on 2/2/2012 5:22:00 PM

Neutral rating on the number scale because I LOVED this, the finish, the coverage, the fact that it was oil free and contained minerals and all that... but each time I used it I would get a horrible knot under my skin. Therefor I cannot use it, it makes me break out... nothing in my routine had changed, within one day though, i was left with a breakout. But it covered really well, and is so easy to use. GRRR. Perhaps other people find it as nice as me, aside from the breakouts!

on 12/21/2011 8:03:00 PM

This product made my skin break out so bad I wanted to cry! There must be something in the ingredient list that made my skin react so bad. I am sure that this foundation was the cause of my horrible breakout because when I stopped using it my skin started to improve. Never again I will buy this or any product from Neutrogena.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My only regret is that I didn't find this sooner!! I LOVE THIS AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHY THERE ARENT MOREREVIEWS FOR THIS..kinda scares me at the thought that this might get discontinued. I use this after I apply my liquid foundation and set it with my E.L.F flat top brush. It does an excellent job of setting my foundation and evening out my skin tone and never feels cakey or heavy. It also does a great job of minimizing pores on my slightly oily skin, I look polished and matte after application,fresh ,and smooth. This is lightweight that blends effortlessly with sheer to medium buildable coverage.

- I love that it's oil free

- fragrance free

-spf 20

-does not break me out

-This is very gentle and non irritating

-seems to enhance my skin clarity and give me a healthy glow

-I have a hard time finding my shade and I have a perfect match Tan80

I totally recommend this to anyone that wants a quality product to set their foundation or if you just like wearing powder alone. without spending a lot of money or anyone who just prefers to wear powder. This is a inexpensive product to be since to me this is comparable to a 30-40 dollar product so 12.99 is great to me!! This mineral foundation is great and Bare Minerals can kiss it~
UPDATE NO BREAKOUTS AT ALL

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't generally give products 5s, but this one deserves it. I've been using this powder for four years now, and haven't found anything that compares for my oily, yellow-toned fair complexion. I use Nude 40 (note: when I first started wearing MU I used shades 20 or 30, which were both too pale and pink >.< ) I can wear it on its own for light coverage, or use it to set my tinted moisturizer for medium coverage.
Note: when you first apply it, it will look chalky and makeup-y. After an hour or so it settles into my skin and looks flawless and really natural. This in itself is a small miracle, as I soak through most other powders in an hour.
IT DOES NOT BREAK ME OUT HALLELUJAH! :D lol
It won't cover acne pimples (I use MAC studio finish concealer in NC25 for that), but it does sheer out scars and cover up flat areas of redness and blotchiness so I don't need to use much concealer at all.
I'd really recommend this to anyone looking for a good basic makeup.

on 5/30/2011 3:51:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I LOVE this compact foundation. I've had this product for a while now just never did a review about it. It's very matte and as an acne victim I don't use it by itself and it's just not enough to be by itself. I would buy it again. I just haven't ran out because I don't use it much. My skin is always looking different every day. Sometimes my skin looks best with just a liquid foundation I set and sometimes it looks better with this matte powder foundation on. So it's not a daily product. However when I do use it I absolutely adore the way it goes on so smoothly all over my face balancing my liquid foundation out and overall giving me a flawless look. Keep this in stock Neutrogena!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Pros: great coverage. Non-irritating. Good colors for olive complexions like mine on the yellower end of the spectrum. Gives a soft-focus effect in indoor lighting.

Cons: looked cake-y and unnatural in bright sunlight. Not enough colors to choose from--I was in between shades. Doesn't wear that naturally; fades in patches and leaves skin oily. Worst of all, as the day wears on, leaves a grayish cast to my skin. It's a very odd effect because even though the tone of the foundation is golden, it looks ashy and smudged from certain angles.

A pretty darn good drug store powder foundation. I am an NC20 and the classic ivory 10 is a perfect match for my skin tone. For me this powder provides a medium coverage, matte but not unnatural looking. I find it lasts about 8 hours. I love the sponge that comes with it. It comes with 9.6g of product, which doesn't seem like that much. I usually hit pan after about 7 days of use which seems too quick. But I will keep repurchasing because its the best drugstore foundation I've found.