Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

Filtered by age: 30-35
Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Compact Powder Foundation (All Shades)

3.6

on 11/9/2009 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I liked this powder a lot. Easy to blend and buff in, natural coverage that didn't look cakey, easy to keep adding layers for more coverage. It broke me out all over though =( Once I discontinued use the bumps all went away.

on 10/19/2009 10:12:00 PM

I had high hopes for this product but found that it's just way too sheer to offer any decent coverage. It really should be marketed as a powder & not a powder foundation, although I find it barely even takes the shine off my T-zone. I originally thought I had just not applied an adequate amount, but the more you brush on, the more it makes skin look chalky; it also highlights imperfections especially lines & any patches of dry skin. I prefer Cover Girl TRUblend Pressed Mineral foundation as it offers just the right amount of coverage, blends in much better & appears to be of a finer mill. (Unfortunately, I just saw on the CG site that they're discontinuing this product, FYI.) Anywho, if you're looking for any kind of semi-decent mineral coverage, I'd suggest you not waste your $$ on this product & instead try another brand.

on 10/19/2009 10:04:00 PM

on 9/27/2009 4:11:00 PM

OK, I am on the fence about this one. After trying probably every mineral makeup under the sun, I was pleasantly surprised by this drug store brand. I only bought this based on the recommendation here on MUA.

The PROs:
- The color! I have light to medium skin tone with slight yellow undertones and I bought this in natural beige. I have had the HARDEST time finding foundation that matches my skin and this matches perfectly. Really exciting for me!!!
- Doesn't break me out....well at least not yet. Ingredients seem to be ok and after a week of use (and getting over a horrible break out) this hasn't seem to irritate or create more
-Price tag! I've been using foundations with a price tag of $25-40.....so at $11, I cannot complain

CONS
-Pretty sheer (yes i know, hence the name). As I try to build up the coverage, it does tend to get a bit chalky. Hopefully as my skin clears up a little bit, this won't be a problem.
-Shows imperfections:defines my fine lines and pores if I apply too much. I use Clinique Pore Minimizer underneath it, so that helps, but I'm not surprised by this as every powder foundation does that to me

We'll see how this holds up as we enter the winter months. This may be too chalky for the winter, but we'll see. So far I do really like it, but I am still out to find my HG.

on 9/11/2009 1:51:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Wow! I was looking for a less $$ pressed powder fdtn to replace my beloved LP which is just too pink and found the great reviews here. I used my EM flat top to apply after I spotted the uglies with concealer and used Clinique pore stuff. Coverage is not as sheer as the package says and did a wonderful job on my broken caps and leftover redness from a pimple or two. I did use the sponge to "spot treat" any leftover areas that needed extra help and it all blended beautifully. Definitely worth a try. I got nude 40 & it looks good on my light/medium skin. Yellow based and most of the colors looked that way with some sort of pinkish. Compact is stupid as the mirror is under the powder -- grrrr ---but all in all a fabulous product. No oxidation either which is a huge problem for me. Took a lippie off for retarted packaging and low to no oil control. Otherwise ---- I'm in love!!!!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have always used liquid or cream foundation because I thought they covered the best. I don't have terrible skin, but I do have occasional breakouts and uneven texture and some redness. I decided to try this powder foundation because it got good reviews. I really like it. It covers just as well as a liquid and doesn't cake up even when I touch up through out the day. The only thing I don't like is how expensive it is. But I am out of it and will definitely buy again. It's hard finding the perfect make-up for your skin tone so when I find something I like, I stick with it.

on 7/23/2009 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

The best mineral foundation you will find in a drugstore, handsdown!!

on 7/23/2009 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Love this!! Just as good as other High End brands but half the price. Covers well and looks very natural. Gives a nice glow to my skin. Best mineral powder you will ever find in a drugstore. Will continue to use this over and over.

on 7/13/2009 2:38:00 PM

Love this mineral powder and this one as apposed to the lose has no bismuth which can cause itching for a lot of people.... the staying power is great and the color selection is superb... is has a soft focus look and doesn't accentuate pores or fine lines... I have tried so many mineral based foundations and this one doesn't irritate my skin and I always get compliments....the coverage is also a major plus I want a bit more coverage but don't want the cakey look this has the perfect marriage of both love this and hg for me.

(if you want a natural application I suggest applying this with a big powder brush if you want more coverage apply with the sponge incuded)

on 6/8/2009 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I acutally like this foundation (yes i am surprised lol). I think this is perfect for summer. It only provides sheer to medium coverage so I do have to conceal a few areas, but no biggie. I apply this with the sigma kabuki brush. it's foolproof and fast. and the best thing is that it doesn't seem to aggravate my acne:) oh, i apply a primer (pure luxe eraser) and then a silica powder before i apply this foundation. i also apply silica powder after applying my foundation.