bareMinerals RareMinerals Renew & Reveal Facial Cleanser

3.7

Kaolin, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Tapioca Starch, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Sodium Bicarbonate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Citric Acid, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Hydrated Silica, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Canola Oil, Soil Mineral Concentrate, Calcium Sodium Phosphosilicate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Colloidal Oatmeal, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Leaf Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Extract, Cereus Grandiflorus (Cactus) Flower Extract, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Leaf Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Oil, Juniperus Communis Fruit Oil, Carum Petroselinum (Parsley) Extract, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Quillaja Saponaria Bark Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Powder, Beta-Carotene, Cellulose Gum, Dimethicone, Benzyl Alcohol, Mica.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I wasn't sure if I would like this cleanser or not after using it the first few times. It is a powder, and it smells.....earthy. It is hard to figure out the powder to water ratio. Too much water and it doesn't seem to get your face clean and doesn't lather. Too little and it is a grainy mess. Once I got the hang of it, I really started to like this. I really do not care for the smell, but I do like the fact it has not irritated my skin, nor caused any breakouts. If anything, it helped a large hormonal cyst on my jawline heal quicker. It is a little expensive, but I like the results and can buy it locally at a boutique. I will repurchase if it continues to perform well.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I received 2 samples, which I found was good for about 4 uses each. I simply do not care for this cleanser. I have used it both in the morning, when my contacts are not in, and at night, when my contacts are still in. Both times some of the tiny particles of cleanser must have gotten in my eye, and it is VERY bothersome! Also, when I mixed the water and powder to create a paste, it just seemed like the cleanser did not exist, and it did not clean my face well. Last night I used it after using a make up remover from Clinique, and it just did not get the rest of my makeup off, which I don't have any trouble with when I use BB's Lathering Tube Soap.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I have been using this cleanser for about 2-3 months, and I must say that I really think I have found my HG cleanser! At first when I started using the rare minerals cleanser, it did dry out my skin a bit, but I am sure it was because my acne-prone, sensitive skin wasn't used to the new cleanser. But I have been using this product for quite some time and my skin has finally adjusted to it. After I use the cleanser at night, my skin feels soft and really clean...the cleanser does have an odd smell to it, it reminds me of oatmeal smell...but I can handle the smell. I don't use the cleanser to remove my makeup, I use neutrogena makeup removers for that. The cleanser is a bit pricey, but a bottle should last about 3 or 4 months. Overall, I love this cleaner a lot, its gentle on my skin and helps my skin feel and look clean and fresh. I totally recommend it and I would definetley repurchase when I am finished with my bottle *-*

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I received a sample of the RareMinerals Renew & Reveal Facial Cleanser from Sephora.com. I was completely suprised that this was a powder and I first thought that I wouldn't like it at all. But after one use I was hooked. All you need is a small amount of product and a VERY small amount of water to creat a great lather for your face. The cleanser has a herbal smell to it which I love. The best part is when you dry your face. I have never felt my skin so smooth. This product has significantly cleared up my face and my pores have seem to shrink. I can't rave enough about this product and I suggest that if you are looking for a HG cleanser that you give this a try. It has now replaced my Philosophy cleanser. The full size bottle may seem expensive but I have had it for over 2 months and it still looks almost full. Give this a try and you will not be disappointed.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product. I have occasional cystic acne (thank you hormones) and fairly regular breakouts. I've used various prescription treatments, Proactiv, etc. etc. In addition to having blemish-prone, oily skin, I also have sensitive skin.

I have been using this cleanser for a couple of weeks now and LOVE it. I definitely feel that it helps blemishes heal faster and it is keeping my skin more balanced than it has been...probably since I was a teenager or younger. I can not rave enough about this product. It also seems to be helping to fade some of the red marks left from previous cystic breakouts which THRILLS me. I would love to have the option to not wear foundation out of the house again - I miss that.

One of my favorite things to do with this product is to mix it a little thicker than usual (more powder and less water than usual) to make a paste and then use it first as a mild physical exfoliant and then keep it on for about 10-15 minutes as a mask.

As for the smell, the smell doesn't really bother me when you consider that 1) it really just smells like a kaolin clay mask to me, which I'm use to and 2) I'm used to putting sulfur on my face in the hopes that it will help clear it up, so I'm totally okay with an earthy smell. TOTALLY.

If anything changes, I'll update my review. But I definitely plan to continue using this product.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I received a sample of this from work and it's absolutely great! It removes my mineral make-up just the way i want it! I don't remove my eye makeup with it as I use an actual remover for that, but I really did see a difference after only a couple of uses. The few pimples I had have calmed down tremendously and my face looks clearer. It really didn't take any getting use to because the sample packet told me to dispense half for one use so I know what I need. I wouldn't call it grainy because I'm not looking for it to be cashmere soft. As a matter of fact, the mild exfoliation is just what my dry, sensitive skin needs. Who cares about the smell - if it does the job then it does the job. To me it smells like a cross between kaolin and a ramen noodles packet.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this as a sample from Sephora. The smell was horrendous. I will not buy this product.

I am so glad I discovered/spent the money on this product!

I bought it as I came across it in a magazine article, which had stated that it's TSA-friendly. Meaning it won't get confiscated from your carry on, as it's a powder, rather than a liquid.

So basically, you mix it with water to form a 'lather" (as the directions say), and wash face as usual.

Don't expect a traditional. soapy lather from this product. In fact, all the complaints about water-to-product ratio I am seeing in the reviews are probably due to this. Basically, I wet my hands and face, dispense about five shakes into my hands do it this way, as you would a salt shaker-- absolutely no mess this way, no wasted product), rub my hands together in a circular motion (there is a slight lather), and then I rub on. I always repeat this step a second time. I usually let it sit a few moments before I rinse it off.

Using that method ensures I get plenty of it on my face.

I like the packaging-- it's shaker-like top makes it easy to dispense the correct amount of product into the hand. Easy open, easy close, as well.

The smell is odd... it's very earthy, very mineral-like. I can't think of what it reminds me of. Clay (well, kaolin is one of the ingredients). I was taken back by it the first time I used it, but now I'm used to it. I suppose it's better than something that's laden with synthetic ingredients and fragrances.

I have normal to dry skin and don't have any issues with this overdrying my skin. I sort of did the first time, but my skin adjusted to it after a couple of uses and now I couldn't ask for a better cleanser. My hard-to-please skin comes out soft, radiant and refreshed feeling.

It doesn't remove eye makeup very well, but that's okay for me. I have a certain product I use for that, and continue to do so.

I initially bought this for travel purposes only, as I am a frequent international traveller. I liked it so much, I decided this is going to be something I will cleanse my face with from now on-- just not exclusively for travel.

This DOES take some getting used to. I'm sure some folks will have trouble trying to suss out how to use it in the beginning. It's well worth the trouble.

It's a bit strange that the price of this item is $26-- really steep for a facial cleanser. However, this is $26 that I don't feel guilty about spending. Regardless of that, I do wish that the price was lower. I'm about 1/4 of the way through my bottle and have had it about two weeks.

I love this cleanser. I have adult acne and have used proactive, murad, and most drug store brand acne cleansers and this so far is my favorite cleanser. Unlike the other cleansers out there this doesn't dry out my skin like the others out there which left my skin red, flaky and sometime chemically burned. This cleanser also works nicely at removing my makeup. It has help to reduce the number of breakouts I have and is overall just a nice cleanser for any one with sensitive or problematic skin. I will defiantly be buying this product again!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

i really don't like this cleanser. i've been using this night & day for the past two months, so i really tried to like it, but the more i used it, the less impressed i became. there are maybe one or two good things about this: it's travel friendly & it's an original concept (as far as i know). i can't think of anything else.

this product makes an absolute mess. i would have no problem w/ that if the cleanser was actually effective, but i waste so much in the process (which does not make me feel any better about the money i dished out to buy this). the directions are clear, but i find it hard to dispense the right amount--it's either too much or too little which makes it difficult to know what you're going to get (will it be grainy or runny?).

i bought this b/c i liked BE's rare minerals (sort of), but this is really disappointing. it's going in my junk pile (i.e. i'm giving it to my sister..)