bareMinerals RareMinerals Renew & Reveal Facial Cleanser

3.7

Kaolin, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Tapioca Starch, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Sodium Bicarbonate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Citric Acid, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Hydrated Silica, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Canola Oil, Soil Mineral Concentrate, Calcium Sodium Phosphosilicate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Colloidal Oatmeal, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Leaf Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Extract, Cereus Grandiflorus (Cactus) Flower Extract, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Leaf Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Oil, Juniperus Communis Fruit Oil, Carum Petroselinum (Parsley) Extract, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Quillaja Saponaria Bark Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Powder, Beta-Carotene, Cellulose Gum, Dimethicone, Benzyl Alcohol, Mica.

Background: From January-March 2007, I had to use Proactiv to try and clear acne areas on one side of my chin and side of my cheek. Proactiv did not work. From March 2007-February 2008, I used Murad acne wash which cleared up one area, but then the acne migrated to another small section on my face and would not go away no matter what. Even my wedding photos from my October 2007 show makeup-covered acne pimples.

February 2008-Present: I began using Bare Escentuals Renew & Reveal Facial Cleanser only because that one fateful day that I visited Sephora in February, I was with my mother and she treated me to some goodies, and when she saw the display of the new BE cleansers she bought it without asking me if I wanted it. Well, I had nothing else to loose, especially since I technically didn't pay for it! To my surprise, my acne completely went away after 2 weeks and my face has completely healed. Even my husband is amazed! He felt so bad for me that I went through the drama of stubborn acne. I did not expect these results and I am so grateful to Bare Escentuals for this amazing cleanser.

Product Usage: I wash my face morning and then sometimes at night and love the powder formula. To me, it's fun to mix it in my hands and once I got the hang of it, I am now a pro. I wet my hands first, cup the left hand and pour some cleanser into it. Then with my right hand, I add a few droplets of water from my right fingertips and then gently mix the paste. My skin is so soft and luminous after I use it. I won't ever go back to another cleanser!

This is the best cleanser I have ever used. It leaves my skin clean and soft but not dry at all. I have used this for 3 months and my skin has never looked better.

Ahhhh I love this! My skin doesnt feel dry after using it and it's pretty gentle. I wet my hands first, put some of the powder in my hands and rub em together til it becomes a paste. I use it as a mask sometimes too. Guess it can't hurt.

I use this cleanser as a mask. The woman at the BE store showed me how to put the powder in my hand, add a little bit of water and create a mask. The consistency should be a little bit like a water oatmeal. The ratios are a little difficult to figure out. I don't use this as a cleanser, because honestly, it would be too annoying to use everyday! I use it about 3 times a week as an exfoliating mask. The cleanser hardens to make a very nice (not itchy at all) mask. I love the way my skin feels after I wash it off. It's gentle and quite lovely. The powder seems to last forever. I swear, I lose half of it just closing the bottle and it never seems to run out (which is a very good thing). It can make a mess, but I think I'm pretty much used to it with all of my Bare Escential powders.

I tried this product because the other BE skincare products have worked well for me and I was frustrated with my current cleanser. Overall I am extremely satisfied with it. The concept is great. Who wants to clean their face with chemicals?! It gives me a good deep clean but yet doesn't dry my skin and make me feel tight and flakey. It has a lot of flexibility to it because you can control the thickness of it by adding more or less water. I tend to use it with less liquid so that I get a nice creamy lather. (Also, sometimes I add just a tad to my moisturizer. Works like a charm!) I did not find the smell a problem and actually found that it smelt rather good, and it's definately natural and earthy. It did remove all of my makeup, but I wear very little so I wouldn't consider myself a good judge on makeup removers. Overall, I found it to be very non-aggravating on sensitive skin, and it definately left my skin smoother and softer. It reduced redness and I have not had any problems with breakouts. It is a bit expensive, but from my experience I found that one bottle goes a long way. My only packaging concern would be that the cap tends to slide around a bit so I am sure to pack it into a plastic bag before putting it away so it doesn't spill. (It hasn't yet, but it's better to be safe than sorry!) Overall, I would recommend it if you have had success with other BE products or are just looking for something new and different. I will most likely purchase again, unless I find something that works better.

I bought this because I like the other BE products. I have normal to dry skin and wanted something that would take my make up off when I'm too lazy to use make up remover. I used it for about 3 months. It DOES NOT take off make up as it claims, even its own make up. It did dry out my skin somewhat. Overall, I would not buy this again. It wasn't the worst cleanser I've ever tried, but at $25, its pricey for a "bleh" cleanser.

I placed an advance order on this on QVC, and anxiously anticipated its arrival. Once I had it, I tried to like it, but I hated what a mess it made my bathroom sink, and couldn't stand the smell (a cross between dirt and rotten eggs). But what really made me decide to just give up on it was that it didn't remove all of my makeup, regardless of how much I used each time. Even when I switched to using it first thing in the morning in the shower, I felt it dried my skin out (not to mention that the smell was a bit much to handle first thing in the morning).

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

FIRST OF ALL I CANT STAND BARE ESCENTUALS..IT IS OVERRATED AND MESSY...BUT ANYWAY I WORK AT SEPHORA AND WE ALWAYS GET FREE STUFF AND I WAS RUNNING OUT OF MY FAV CLEANSER (CLOG DISSOVING MILK BY BLISS) SO I DECIDED TO ALTERNATE BETWEEN THE 2...IT WAS HORRIBLE AND MESSY AND IT SMELL LIKE VOMIT(LITERALLY)...I DIDNT SEE MUCH OF A DIFFERENCE IN MY SKIN BUT BREAKOUTS...DO NOT BUY

So far I am loving this product. I have extremely sensitive skin and breakout very very easily. I have been using this product for about 4 days and no breakouts at all. It seems to be helping with my breakouts. Time will tell and I will update this as I see fit. But, so far everything is very positive about this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Surprisingly, I liked this product alot. I wish I didn't, it's pretty pricey for a cleanser, but it works on my skin perfectly!! It helps with breakouts, it's soothing, it cleans well, it exfolliates gently, it leaves my skin soft, not at all tight and dry.

Got to be to expensive and since I've started cleansing w/mineral oil, no need for anything else!