bareMinerals RareMinerals Renew & Reveal Facial Cleanser

3.7

Kaolin, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Tapioca Starch, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Sodium Bicarbonate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Citric Acid, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Hydrated Silica, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Canola Oil, Soil Mineral Concentrate, Calcium Sodium Phosphosilicate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Colloidal Oatmeal, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Leaf Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Extract, Cereus Grandiflorus (Cactus) Flower Extract, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Leaf Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Oil, Juniperus Communis Fruit Oil, Carum Petroselinum (Parsley) Extract, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Quillaja Saponaria Bark Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Powder, Beta-Carotene, Cellulose Gum, Dimethicone, Benzyl Alcohol, Mica.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I do not know why others do not like this cleanser. I think it works beautifully. I am a La Roche-Posay girl mostly, especially with their Effaclar line since I have oily, acne prone skin. When I started Bare Esentuals foundation a year ago, I LOVED it, and I continue to love it. I have to say it is the BEST foundation ever created. Maybe it is not for dry skined people, but for me.....let's just say, it not only gave me luminosity, but also stopped my acne problem. This cleaser, on the other hand, is becoming my favorite. I know it's expensive, but I think I will reduce my other expenses so I can afford it. It really is great. I do remove my makeup entirely beforehand. It exfoliates (even though it does not feel like it) my skin beautifully. After patting my face dry, my face does not feel dry at all, but soft and smooth. I use the night treatment afterward, and they combine fabulously!! I highly recommend it for people who have acne-prone, oily skin.

I love BE make up but the skin care part has always disappointed me (RM night treatment = useless, Blemish Therapy = no help, Skin Rev-ver Upper = no results (except the review about the moisturizer, I can't believe how great it is)

The cleanser is very good and I like it enough to buy again for sure b/c it lasts so long (atleast 5 months). I like how my skin doesn't feel tight, squeaky clean or any of the like.

Mixing is a PIA (no froth at all if you have hard water like me) so I prefer the paste method as described in other reviews. It will even take off the face make up (past the toner test) but won't take off my eye make up since I used UDPP and water proof liner (hence my 4 overall rating for mixing and eye make up).

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I wouldn't say this is the best cleanser in the world, but it actually has made my skin brighter and cleared breakouts too. Once I got used to the mixing process I like to mix it with less water to make it into a paste. I found that this way it deep cleans better. The scent is not too bad, smells like lavender and dirt but not in a bad way. Overall it does exfoliate good and have already purchased two more bottles because I never want to run out.

I got a few samples of this and after using decided to come on here and read the reviews....sometimes with BE products, you can't really trust the reviews because if the person is a real lover of everything BE, then they of course are going to love the cleanser too, and think it is the greatest cleanser in the world - But, it seems in the reviews there are people like me, users of other products as well.

I don't really like the way this cleanser works, I poured some in my hands, and felt like I lost half of it when I rubbed my hands together. My skin DOES feel slightly exfoliated, but that is not good for 2x a day use. Not sure what the full price is, but it is probably more than I would be willing to pay for a cleanser, no matter what wonderful and RARE ingredients are in it - with a cleanser, they don't stay on your face long enough to do any good, so it is basically money down the drain. If I want exfoliation, I would use baking soda mixed with some cetaphil cleanser, or a washcloth.

So, that being said, I probably would not buy this cleanser.

Just bought this yesterday after considering it for quite sometime. I love it. Personally, I hate creamy or gel cleansers, they leave me "squeaky" clean and it kills my skin. I love that it has just a bit of exfoliation to it and it's pretty easy to use. (I'm used to LUSH AOBS). I'm hoping it will help with calming my skin down from using some wrong product. If it continues to perform well I'll definately buy again.
And the price point isn't horrible. Any medi-spa cleansers are much more expensive.

I love everything about this cleanser. . . well, except maybe the price. But I'd still buy it again. I've been using it for over a month, and the novelty of the powder-shaker design hasn't worn off yet! And I love the smell; to me, it's almost like the cherry-almond scent of the old Jergens lotion. Very clean. The cleanser provides just enough exfoliation for everyday use, and I find that my cheeks are much less red than they are when I use, say, apricot scrub for exfoliation. No residue whatsoever when you rinse it off--and it rinses off extremely easily. Can't say enough good things about it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love it, love it, love it! One of the best cleansers I have ever used. I have oily skin. This is about the only cleansers I have found that does not dry my skin out and make things worse. It also cleans very good. Much better than the average cleanser.

I've been wearing the BM make up for a few mths and was dying to try the skincare. I was excited to find out on this website that Sephora sells a kit that contains the face wash and night time revival treatment for $30 - a huge savings over the $90 it would cost to buy and try full size containers of both products. Unfortunately, the Sephora in my area didn't carry the kit and I got stuck buying full size containers. I've only been using the cleanser for two days, but so far I love it. I thought everyone was crazy about the cashmere like feeling it gave your skin, I've never know a product that truly does that, but this one does! I love the way my skin feels - I constantly want to touch it. I'll have to wait and see how my acne prone skin holds up against it. I'm not holding out much hope of it further clearing my skin as I have yet to find a product - prescription or over the counter - that does that and I've been looking for 15 years. But if this doesn't make me break out more and keeps my skin feeling silky soft I will be a very satisfied customer. As far as product usage, I didn't find this to be all that messy. I just followed the instructions included and it worked fine. I agree with other reviews that it's not going to take off much make up and it doesn't create much of a lather. It does seem, however, to do a great job of cleansing my make up free skin. I know that other people have complained about the smell, but I hardly noticed it at all. Maybe after using years of harsh, stinking acne creams and medications I'm just immune to it. Besides I'm much more concerned with how it works, there isn't a smell that lingers after usage, so who really cares what it smells like while you're using it. I will update if I develop any problems with this product, but right now I'm loving it. Hopefully, the bottle lasts as long as peopel say to help defer the cost, but it's definitely a splurge I'd make again.

I got this as a sample at Sephora. I admit I am a die-hard user of Philosophy's Purity Made Simple, but thought I would give this a try. I did not find it difficult to use, and it made my skin feel great after using it. But, it did not remove all of my make up. This could be a great morning cleanser, but I am sticking with my Purity Made Simple.

UPDATE: after several weeks I believe this broke me out everywhere. not just on my chin - everywhere! I have since been using acne.org products which are great for my sensitive skin and I've been much happier (read my reviews). natural ingredients doesnt always mean its good for skin (especially sensitive skin).

________________________________________________________

I have only tried this once - I will updated later. Before using this I've tried everything from philosophy purity to cetaphil to dhc cleanse off oil. I've also tried a lot of bha and aha products to no success. I recently found out that I actually have dehydrated sensitive skin. I never thought of my skin being dehydrated. I liked that this cleanser is soap free but the ingredients did have a lot of extracts which sometimes cause an allergic reaction on my skin. Soon after this discovery I saw this cleanser. I basically told myself I have nothing to lose so I bought it.

I am happy to report that there was no allergic reaction and my dehydrated skin did not feel tight afterwards. Im not sure what chemical exfoliant is in this but its probably a very mild one(I noticed my skin glowed after I cleansed). having exfoliant in the ingredients is what I believe makes it different from philosophy purity. I also like that this has colliodal otameal which is great for sensitive skin. I will update probably after a months use.