bareMinerals RareMinerals Renew & Reveal Facial Cleanser

3.7

Kaolin, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Tapioca Starch, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Sodium Bicarbonate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Citric Acid, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Hydrated Silica, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Canola Oil, Soil Mineral Concentrate, Calcium Sodium Phosphosilicate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Colloidal Oatmeal, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Leaf Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Extract, Cereus Grandiflorus (Cactus) Flower Extract, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Leaf Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Oil, Juniperus Communis Fruit Oil, Carum Petroselinum (Parsley) Extract, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Quillaja Saponaria Bark Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Powder, Beta-Carotene, Cellulose Gum, Dimethicone, Benzyl Alcohol, Mica.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

This is awful. Not easy to work with and doesn't lather much. Doesn't remove makeup and doesn't feel like it removes everyhing from my face. Gave this away.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

yes the powder is difficult to work with-too much water, not enough water, etc. but i have to say, this stuff really has been great for my skin! i use it every morning (as i dont think its that tough enough to remove makeup) and it leaves my face feeling fresh, clean and NOT tight. that is why i love this cleanser-its strong enough to cleanse but gentle enough to leave my skin balanced. my face looks brighter, smoother and i have not broken out. i have very acne prone skin. practically every product on the market makes me break out. this has been a good purchase for me. :) will buy again!

A friend at work told me about this cleanser because she knew I liked their makeup. I purchased it at Sephora, and the SA just raved about it. I used it that night, and wasn't impressed. The first thing was the smell, it made me gag. I agree it's hard to adjust the right amount of power to water. And worst of all it didn't remove all my makeup. It's going back to Sephora.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am a long time user of this site who rarely writes a review but I wanted to share my experience to assist others. I have sensitive, acne prone skin. I used this cleanser for 1 week and I loved the results. Shortly thereafter I began experiencing the worst bout of cystic acne...ever. I refused to believe it was a result of this product but when I stopped using it, the acne healed. I should note that although I am acne prone, I never had cystic acne before using this product. I returned it to sephora and told them what happened and the salesperson apologized profusely. I felt she had heard similar stories about this product. Btw, I bought clinique's liquid facial soap in its place and my skin has been calm ever since. Edit : I forgot to mention a scary episode I had when using this cleanser. One time after washing with this I felt something in my eye. I looked in the mirror and there was a piece of this cleanser stuck to my eye. I did everything I could think of to remove it and nothing worked- even flushing profusely with water. Luckily I found visene and that finally dislodged it ...but let me tell you that really scared me. Please be careful if you dare use this cleanser.

I don't like this cleanser AT ALL. First of all, 1/2 of it spilled out of the container before I got it home. Plus, I have tried atleast 10 different methods to make this stuff get "creamy" just a tad bit! No success here. I have added little water, no water, tried to measure exact amounts and even stir with a dab of water, no matter what I do, this stuff either disappears or slides through my fingers like water. I may as well just splash water on my face instead of cleanse it. this stuff is ridiculous! Could have been a cool product had it actually resembled some type of a cleanser, but no. Two thumbs down for me!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is, without a doubt, my HG cleanser. It cleans deeply with minimal irritation. I get all the smoothness of a more severe exfoliant, but without all the pore-shredding side effects. I use it twice a day with the Burts Bees Radiance Serum--two products? That's a record low! (i'm a product addict). My skin is clean, supple and infinitely less broken out than ever before. I'll be purchasing it forevs.

EDIT: Well, a self-professed product addict indeed. I had to stop purchasing this cleanser because of its cost and switched to the Cetaphil bar. And lo, behold, my skin looks the same. Bummer! I really thought the sandy bits were doing me a favor. Nay, not for realsies.

I received several general samples of this with a recent Nordies order. I had enough packets to use it for almost a week. I don't like scented facial products, so the natural, earthy scent of this product didn't bother me. It does have a weird, pastey texture. It reminded me of drywall spackle. It is hard to determine the right amount of water to get the product just right. It cleaned my combo skin well and did not leave any residue and caused no irritation. I did not find that it was too gritty. Overall it is a nice, basic cleanser.

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

The worst face cleanser ever! yuck ,ewww, gross.. i don't know what else to say about it. It smells bad and feels like your washing your face with comet cleanser. NASTY!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This cleanser is pretty awful. Trying to get the right amount of water to mix with the powder is something I don't want to have to do twice a day, but not only that, I feel like it just doesn't clean my face at all. Sometimes I also feel some of the powdery grains scratching my face making my skin feel very tender afterwards. If it's supposed to also exfoliate, it's terrible at that as well. I recommend looking elsewhere for an efficient cleanser.

I got this as a free large size sample with my Bare Minerals kit- and I gotta say, they know how to get me hooked. At 28, i've been getting acne for the 1st time in my life and I've been trying different things to bring my skin back to normal. And even though the Rare Minerals powder form seemed gimmicky, I tried it because it was free. And in the week since I started, the overall texture of my skin has gotten better, scars from previous breakouts have started to get lighter, and I haven't gotten any new breakouts! Yessss!

ETA: Although this product did improve my skin right away, it seemed like it stopped being as effective after a while. If you are looking for something to help with acne/oily skin, I found the acne.org regimen to be much more effective in the long run.