bareMinerals RareMinerals Renew & Reveal Facial Cleanser

3.7

Kaolin, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Tapioca Starch, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Sodium Bicarbonate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Citric Acid, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Hydrated Silica, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Canola Oil, Soil Mineral Concentrate, Calcium Sodium Phosphosilicate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Colloidal Oatmeal, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Leaf Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Extract, Cereus Grandiflorus (Cactus) Flower Extract, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Leaf Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Oil, Juniperus Communis Fruit Oil, Carum Petroselinum (Parsley) Extract, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Quillaja Saponaria Bark Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Powder, Beta-Carotene, Cellulose Gum, Dimethicone, Benzyl Alcohol, Mica.

I am completely unable to stick with a cleanser. I buy a new one, use it for awhile, get tired of it and switch. I almost bought this when it first came out, but decided it must just be a gimmick. Well, I finally decided to give it a try, and I wish I had sooner!

After using it morning and night for the first few weeks, I am impressed, but I'm curious if the results will last. I've really wanted a detergent free cleanser, especially for the winter when my combo skin gets dry, but I could never find one that really got my skin clean. This cleanser is a different story! I will admit, mixing it with water is a bit of a pain, and the smell is not great, but it doesn't last, and these are things I can easily live with for these kind of results.

My Clarisonic started dying, and I was frustrated because I couldn't find a cleanser that really felt like it was getting my skin clean without it. Until this one... the Rare Minerals cleanser leaves my skin so clean, fresh, soft and smooth. The difference was noticeable after just a few uses. I kept looking in the mirror all day, thinking I must be imagining things, but each time I was amazed at how great my skin looked.

I use more than the directions call for, so I get that elusive foaming action everyone has mentioned (it doesn't foam like a cleanser with detergent, but it does get bubbly). I also like to let it dry on my face after I've massaged it around, and then take it off with a washcloth. The number one ingredient is clay, so if you have dry skin, this is going to leave it feeling tight. This doesn't bother me, because my skin doesn't look dry or flaky, it just feels a bit tight which is completely remedied by adding the rest of my skincare regimen. I don't feel that this cleanser is stripping or drying my skin out. In fact, my skin has never looked or felt better after just cleansing.

One more thing to mention, I can see how this would not be ideal for removing heavy makeup. It handles powder and mineral foundations just fine, but I can see it struggling with heavier stuff. So it is probably not for everyone.

Now I just have to wait and see if these results last. I had a fling with Fresh's Umbrian Clay bar, and had similar results at first, but after a bit it felt like it was no longer effective. So we'll see... I'll update!

UPDATE: This is the first cleanser that I have bought and bought and bought again! I am in love. Even after using it for months on end, it still leaves my skin bright, fresh, soft and smooth every time. I wouldn't use it to remove heavy makeup, but this product has helped my skin become makeup optional, so that really isn't an issue. Never thought I'd get a deep clean feeling from a soap-free cleanser, but this one proved me wrong! Now that it's so much a part of my routine, I don't even think about the whole mixing thing.

My darling care package buddy sent me the deluxe sample size of this product. I was definitely intrigued . . . cleansing powder for the face that you moisten in order to activate. Sound a bit gimmicky no? But Iíve been using my deluxe sample in the shower for weeks now. As the product suggests, I dump a small amount onto my damp hands, work out a slight lather, and then firmly scrub about my face. I feel like this simulates a slight ďscrubbingĒ quality, which my combination skin can surely appreciate, but the product instantly disintegrates into a cleansing paste so it feels like any other face wash.

Okay confession Ė I am not very picky at all when it comes to cleansing products. I do not notice the minute differences different products impart. Or maybe theyíre all the same anyway (no way, really???). My skin is by default, combination, bordering normal since Iím finally in my late twenties (donít miss you teenage years, really). So regularly using this product hasnít really affected my skin one away or another. It does an okay job of removing residual make-up, but itís no stunner in that department.
So basically I donít hate this product, I will be using it until I deplete it, but itís nothing great at all. I would not recommend to my friends or repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This face wash did make my skin smooth, but it did nothing for my breakouts. My skin never felt completely clean after I used this cleanser. It made my skin feel very nice, but I just was getting too many breakouts. I used this cleanser for about 2 months.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

i got this product as gratis from my work, and i thought it was a cool idea that it's powder and you mix it with water. But once i started using it, i did not find it that cool anymore..you have to get the right consistency (mixture of powder and water)..i have been though half the bottle and some days i still don't even get the consistency right

i do like that the product cleanses and exfoliates all in one..my skin can get flaky and that really takes care of it..

also, the smell of the product is not the best..

If I could give this product a ZERO I would. It was a free gift with purchase and I end up throwing it away. It felt like I was washing my face with corn starch or something. No lather, just made an odd grey paste. YUCK!!!! It went straight into the trash can. I would not even give this one away. I am very shocked it got such good reviews.

I actually got this when I bought a RareMinerals set at Sephora. First, I love the smell. It is very easy to use. Oftentimes I use this as a mask by adding only a very small amount of water. It seems to do a good job at removing my makeup, but it is not so good at eye makeup. Plus, I don't think you are really supposed to get it too near your eyes anyway. The powder also acts as a light exfoliant. It's great. Not my HG, but definitely pretty awesome.

I didn't think I was going to like this, but after getting a few days' worth of samples I gave it a try. Even after the first use, there was a noticeable improvement in my skin. After three days, the improvement was so remarkable, I was hooked. I have sensitive skin and am prone to cystic acne on my chin. I had a particularly bad patch of acne on my chin when I first started using this cleanser, and within those first three days, the improvement in my acne was so dramatic I was astonished. Not only that, but the rest of my skin felt smoother and softer. I used to have "bumpies" in certain areas around my eyes and nose, but this smoothed it all out. I LOVE the smell of this product; it's a nice soothing smell that I really enjoy while washing my face before bed. No nasty perfumes here! I like that you can add more or less water to suit your needs; add less water for more exfoliation. It exfoliates, but it doesn't burn (like my previous cleanser sometimes did) or leave the skin feeling dry or flaky. One of the BE professionals that recently was in town here suggested that once a week, you can mix the cleanser with just the smallest amount of water to create a paste that you can use as a mask. Leave it on for 10 minutes and then rinse. I love this cleanser and can't say enough good things about it!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I received this as a sample from my favorite eBay seller, and I just tried it tonight for the first time. I know it's very, very early to write a review, so I will update as I go along Ė but WOW. That's all I can say right now. (keeping my fingers crossed I won't be jinxing myself:)
I did exactly as it says on the back: I wet my face, wet my hands, poured out half of the amount from the sachet, rubbed my hands together. At first I thought I'd need more water than that, but surprisingly it turned into a perfectly creamy and smooth paste. I applied it to my face in gentle circular motions and then rinsed it off carefully.
I have been looking for a good, natural cleanser for a very long time. One that doesn't contain harmful ingredients yet manages to get all my (mineral) makeup off. Most cleansing creams have disappointed me so far. Even though I don't use tons of makeup, I still often have to do it in two steps. First some jojoba oil, then cleanser. Sometimes that still wouldn't do it.
This miracle of a cleanser took it all off! I'm not kidding. I was left with baby soft, perfectly clean skin that didn't feel tight at all. Another bonus is that it didn't make my face turn red, as a lot of cleansers do. My skin was totally calm, no redness whatsoever.
I'm so impressed with this!

I had mixed feelings about trying this, but after a few weeks, I am finding that I really love it. Leaves my skin silky soft, not tight, but clean. It removes all my makeup--nothing left on the towel! My skin feels so soft that I forget to moisturize now.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Oh BM how I love thee.... I tried to stray from you, but it ended up being a disaster! Please forgive me!!!

I have combination/acne prone skin and need some exfoliation without stripping my skin too harshly since my skin is very sensitive and will turn really red very easily. This product is PERFECT for every day use for me and I do not have to use a separate product to exfoliate.

The only thing is that you MUST make sure it's rinsed off of your skin very well (just rub circular motions on your face to ensure the fine product rinses all out) otherwise you'll be left feeling slightly dry. If you make sure to rinse it off very well your skin will almost feel perfectly moisturized, but of course a separate moisturizer is recommended.