Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproof

Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproof
Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproofKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproofKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproof

4.3

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Helloooooo HG mascara! Where have you been all my life? I've used about maybe 3 tubes of this mascara already so I have finally decided to review it!

I have short stubby asian lashes... yuck! They're practically nonexistent.

But this HG mascara does wonders. After using an eyelash curler, I quickly apply two layers of this mascara. It does what its name states: LONG and CURL! After 3 tubes, this mascara has never failed to keep a curl through sweat and tears and long, long hours.

Don't expect this to be voluminizing as well, though. This mascara does its job -- making your lashes long and keeping curls, but that's it. I have no problem with that as I normally pair this up with another voluminizing mascara (Covergirl or Jordana works well).

I use this mascara as a base, always, because it never fails to keep a curl. I use it by itself for natural looking lashes but I pair it with other mascaras for a more dramatic look. I also use this to keep the curl when I wear fake lashes so it blends really well with them!

The curve on the brush really enhances the application as well, IMHO.

-1 lippie for:
*Price and availability. It translated to roughly $12-13 USD I believe. I bought it while I was in HK at Sasa but I live in America. I don't know where to get it here without ordering online... boo!
*It is a huge PITA to remove. The oil remover it comes with makes this easier but without it, I find that even my best eye makeup removers take a lot of effort. However, this isn't a huge problem because I guess it really shows that this won't smudge or budge during the day... NO MATTER WHAT!

Overall, yes yes yes, I recommend it! I'm mascara-crazy. I love trying new mascaras! So finally settling down to one mascara took a lot of courage, but this mascara deserves the HG title.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

My lashes typically droop as soon as I apply mascara and as such, this has become my favourite mascara as it manages to hold a curl on them throughout the entire day. It adds a lot of length to lashes and is also incredibly waterproof. However, due to its waterproof-ness, it requires an oil based remover to remove which some might find annoying. I did feel that just as I was going to throw it out it stared smudging a little on the lower lash line later on in the day. It is very much a lengthening and curling mascara (hence its name) so users expecting volume should probably look elsewhere.

Pros:
-Holds a Curl
-Waterproof
-Lasts through the day

Cons:
-Requires oil based remover
-Can smudge as it gets older
-Strictly curling and lengthening

EDIT: I feel that since they've changed their packaging their formula has also changed. While this mascara still held a curl when first applied, it drooped by the end of the day. The fibres also seemed to be completely missing, reducing the lengthening aspect and the mascara smudged by the end of the day. Due to this, I've had to revise my review down from four to two lipsticks. Unfortunate, as this was almost HG status.

EDIT: They seemed to have changed the formula so it's more liquidy and has a weird smell to it. I took a lippie off because the new formula does not provide the lash holding power like it did before! :(

My HG mascara! If you're looking for a water-proof long lasting lengthening mascara then you HAVE to try Heroine's long and curl mascara!

One coat and you can already tell the difference it makes, the tiny fibres in the formula make your lashes look longer and your eyes appear dolly-like! If you curl your lashes before applying this, it will hold THE WHOLE DAY I KID YOU NOT, THIS IS SOME STONG STUFF! I wear this stuff everyday and it doesn't budge ONE bit throughout the day, no matter what you do (applied this in the morning, went clubbing later on at night with no touch ups and fell asleep without removing makeup, woke up, despite sweating and mashing my face against the pillow my lashes still held up!). Also there is a lot of product in the tube and it doesn't dry up as easily as other mascara because of its liquidy formula, I usually replace mine every 4 months (keep in mind I use this stuff on a daily basis).

The downsides to it are that it only adds length to your lashes, it doesn't give volume so if you want volume you might have apply a volumizing mascara on top of it, but I use it by itself because I'm lazy and this makes my lashes look nice and long anyway. Also, you need a good makeup remover to take it off (apply it and leave it on for a few seconds for the profuct to break down), don't even try to remove this stuff without makeup remover!

Other than that, the best mascara I've ever used! I love it! Will never stop buying it because I doubt I'd find anything that works better for me!

on 12/13/2014 2:25:00 AM

This is definitely the best mascara I've ever used. I've worn it for an entire day and unless I rub my eyes, it doesn't leave smudgy racoon eyes like every other mascara does. One tip, you can easily get it off using an oil cleanser or the Bioderma micellaire cleansing water if normal face cleansers aren't working for you. Both of these remove my makeup very easily and leave my face clean :)

on 12/11/2014 3:52:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

OMG, I can actually wear mascara! That's right - I'd all about given up on mascara. I have stubborn straight and sparse lashes that will hold a curl for all of 5 seconds. No mascara would keep the curl and always leave raccoon eyes barely half an hour later.

I didn't want to believe it (oh, those romantic fluttery lashes of manga dreams!) so I tried mascara after mascara. High end, drugstore and everything in between. Even the Asian brands didn't work - Shiseido, Shu, ZA, Fibrewig, tried em all. The only one that performed half decently was Maybelline's waterproof Sky High Curves and even then, I had to constantly touch up as the smudges were inevitable. (Waterproof mascara is waterproof, not OIL-proof and that's the problem with ladies like me with oily eyelids)

Then I read the rave reviews of Heroine Make and tried it. Oh Holy Grail - tis the best Christmas present I could ever give myself. It didn't just hold the curl, it actually made the curl BETTER - longer and fluttery. Couldn't. Believe. My. Eyes. The curl held all day (I kept touching them and looking at myself in the mirror all day. Amazeballs!)

Yes, there was a wee bit of smudging after half a day but nothing that a little wipe couldn't fix and nothing like the smudge monsters of the past. Yes, it's hard to remove but seriously, am I about to complain when it works like a dream?

This is it. My mascara for life.

on 11/24/2014 11:55:00 PM

This is the best mascara I've ever used for holding a curl on stubborn, stick-straight lashes, and I've tried drug-store to high end searching for the One. Yep, that's right, this is the One until otherwise proven, which I doubt will be easy to do.

All I have to do with this to get perfect, long curls each time is use any decent metal eyelash curler, one coat of this, let it dry, apply a second coat, and it lasts all day. If I skip the second coat I find that the curl doesn't last as long. It doesn't slip or slide off. Once it's on, it's on. Mine is a nice true black which works well with my black lashes.

The only thing I dislike about this mascara is that I have to use the mascara/eyemakeup remover from the same company to get it off, but that's a small price to pay for the effect the mascara gives my lashes.

on 10/21/2014 10:53:00 PM

UPDATE: I followed advice on here and stuck the tube in my bra for awhile. Honestly I think I left it there for about a half hour, got busy. My lashes are clump free and sky high. It looks like I have a million lashes each a mile long. I'm off to buy a backup tube.

I like this mascara. I have the pink bottle, I think now it is a black one? Bottle/tube, whatever.

It has little fibers that make my lashes look quite long, much better than the Younique fiber mascara somehow. Significantly better price point too.

That said, it really is impossible to get off. First I tried Stridex wipes..burning eyes, perfect mascara. Then I tried Philosophy Purity Simple (?) both dry and then wet. Nada. Finally sprayed some shine oil for my hair onto my finger and rubbed it across my eyelids. Bingo, but ow. I think a cleansing oil is a must here.

on 10/17/2014 8:21:00 PM

The cone shape brush makes it hard to reach every lash and the extra wet formula has me getting it on to my lids every time. It does give me very nice long lashes and it holds a curl. Not particularly dark enough or voluminous enough for my taste though and I'm finding flaking, bits of black specs under my eye on lid after a couple of hrs. The mascara also transfer slightly onto around the eye area if I were to tear up slightly due to winds or put in eye drops ( in a flaking way- i find little black dots of mascara around my eye). The plus side is that it's easy to remove and I don't have a huge smudge/ panda eye problem. I suppose specks of mascara is better than smudged rings of it...not my favorite, on with the mascara search!

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

OHMYGAWD! The best mascara I have ever used. I used Dior mascara, tarte, urban decay, and plethora of brands inside sephora and this is the only one that is the best! I have been using this dollywink long and curl for 2 years now and I don't think I will change it anytime with other brands. It delivers what it says on the package :) It is super black, hold your curl, and length PLUS IT IS WATERPROOF. Everything I want to in a mascara for a cheaper price!!!

Not really a review but more of a question I bought this mascara a few days ago and was really excited to try it! I loved what it did for my lashes but then came the problem of washing it off.... 3 days later and 50 less eyelashes and it still hasn't completely budged! Im mascara mad and really want to try this again, anyone know if they do they do a non-waterproof version or is that it, and if so what colour tube should I go for? Thank you :)