Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproof

Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproof
Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproofKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproofKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproof

4.3

on 11/30/2016 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ugh I love this mascara. So far I've never had a mascara that really hold up the curl as good as this one does. Most that I tried started out great but after two or three hours, when I check my face makeup, I notice that my lashes just looks sad and droopy again! Mind you, I live in a hot and humid all year round country. But this mascara easily became my HG mascara. It makes my lashes long, perky and fanned out and I love that. They lasted me through humidity, heat, sweat and oils (I sweat very easily and I'm oily all over my face, including my eyelids). I just love it. The only thing that annoys me is REMOVING IT at the end of the day. The makeup removers I've been using have never been able to really get it off in one go and I always had to use multiple makeup removers back to back to get my lashes makeup-free. I haven't tried the Isehan makeup remover because I thought that I didn't need it but now I think I have to get it. Overall hell yes I will repurchase!

on 9/30/2016 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

After reading rave reviews, I had a friend buy one for me when she was in Japan. I was so excited to try it! Unfortunately, it did not work out for me. It does not last very long and flakes like crazy. Some of the flakes even got into my contact lens so I've been too scared to try it again because of irritation.

I was in Hong Kong recently and decided to buy it again, just in case my friend got a dud. Nope, still the same. It didn't last back when I was in Canada so it definitely did not survive the brutal HK humidity.

I will say, it is quite black which I like a lot. But it flakes so much and irritates my eyes that is it not worth it for me.

on 9/24/2016 7:30:00 PM

This stuff is AMAZING! I have longer very straight lashes, and this is the only this that will keep any curl for a significant amount of time. I've tried quite a few high end, mid range, and drug store mascaras, but I will most likely keep sticking with this.

The only downside is that it can get clumpy if you apply a lot, but I've always used a clean spoolie to separate my lashes after mascara application since I like them to look more 'fluttery,' and the spoolie works fine as long as I don't let it dry too much. Also the little fibers have irritated my contacts before, but a lot of mascaras have done that, and this one isn't too bad with it.

I also keep looking up throughout the day cause I can feel my lashes hit my brown bone when I look up! I've only ever felt that with falsies!

on 8/1/2016 9:52:00 PM

HG mascara for me! I have repurchased this three times so far and have no plans to stop. Here's what makes this a great purchase in my view --

Extremely waterproof -- This just just does not move. The formula stays on my lashes and does not flake or give me raccoon eyes after even when wearing it all day. After applying it sets in about 20-30 seconds. Once set, you'll need a heavy duty oil cleanser or makeup remover to get rid of it. And more than likely you'll need to use that cleanser multiple times. I have pretty good luck removing this with my favorite cleansing oil, The Face Shop Rice Water Cleansing Oil. It's a lightweight oil cleanser that reacts with this Heroine Make formula pretty quickly.

Sturdy packaging -- I can dump this in the bottom of my bag, forget about it, and know that it will still be there later.

Very opaque and thick formula -- This formula is somewhat thick though I wouldn't say it thickens lashes. it's very opaque, very black, and looks great on. It is on the heavier side though so you might not want this if you're going for a super natural, no-makeup look.

This product does NOT volumize or curl really in my opinion. I don't mind that though since for me the major selling point for this is that it's extremely waterproof. I choose this mascara when I know I will be in the rain, tearing up at a sad / happy event, or sweating at the gym. This is so waterproof that it makes me rethink wearing any other mascaras just in case I anticipate sweating or crying through them. I wear this 5/7 days per week and substitute in a no-mascara or alternate-mascara day in between.

on 12/2/2015 2:04:00 PM

I've heard from a lot of other Asians that this mascara is their holy grail product. When this product is used by itself, it's rather disappointing. Doesn't give any volume and the color is not dark enough, it's a very natural look. However, when used on top of another mascara (I used my HG Maybelline Rocket) it's fantastic. It's a great alternative for my Unique Fiber 3D Mascara, which is also pretty expensive ($30). Considering I purchased it for $4 off eBay, I'd definitely repurchase again as a top coat.

on 5/30/2015 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

CosDNA: http://www.cosdna.com/eng/cosmetic_7e22183252.html

Official page: http://www.isehan.co.jp/heroine/items/point/mascara/1144/

Price: 1080yen

Pros:
- very long staying power
- noticeably longer lashes
- cute simple bottle with a curved brush
- this worked wonderfully for my mother-in-law; long, full, curly lashes that made her eyes look amazing

Cons:
- this was my first mascara with fibre bits so it wasn't really what I expected; personally didn't like the fibres holding so much product in the brush
- I might have gotten an older bottle or something because it was really dry and clumpy when I bought it; ended up adding a few drops of eye drops to fix it
- got some clumps in my lashes which can be fixed by going over it with a clean brush afterwards
- I didn't notice much of a curl but I have very straight and stiff lashes :( so the moral is YMMV

on 5/20/2015 2:13:00 PM

This is a review for the Heroine Make Long and Curl Mascara in Jet Black. This is the one in the fuchsia tube with a black cap, and gold writing. I recently went on a trip to Japan and bought several tubes as gifts, as well as for myself.

First of all, the pricing was fair. It was I believe 8000 yen or around $8 for a tube. There is a regular version and a waterproof version, so I just picked the one with the blue dot and kanji on it, hoping that it meant waterproof in Japanese. It's a simple design with a slim tube. I like the packaging with the girl. It's rather cutesy.

As for the product itself, it has to be the most perfect mascara formula out there. The brush is weird though. It's a wand that curls and the mascara is goopy at the end. This mascara holds a curl all day, will not budge, gives you length, some volume, and the black is not too black or not to dull. The winning quality would be that it does not budge. At the end of a long day of work, a date, and maybe some late fun, it still looks like it is freshly applied. It is important to have a high-quality eye makeup remover. I use Neutrogena's or Mary Kay, but even with that, it can be hard to remove. I make sure to use a q-tip to apply Vaseline to my lashes to get the remaining mascara off. I wish that this mascara would be on the shelves of CVS or Walgreens, but with the wonderful internet, you can find this mascara for around 12 bucks on Amazon.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

OHMYGAWD! The best mascara I have ever used. I used Dior mascara, tarte, urban decay, and plethora of brands inside sephora and this is the only one that is the best! I have been using this dollywink long and curl for 2 years now and I don't think I will change it anytime with other brands. It delivers what it says on the package :) It is super black, hold your curl, and length PLUS IT IS WATERPROOF. Everything I want to in a mascara for a cheaper price!!!

on 7/10/2014 10:15:00 AM

This is the only mascara I've tried (apart from the old formulation of the Imju Fiberwig) that does not smear, smudge, flake, or end up under my eyes. It lasts 12+ hours without budging.

The formulation is a bit clumpy and I needed a lash brush to remove them. But overall, it goes on smoothly. The wand applicator is quite small, which works well to get the small lashes at the corners of the eyes. It lengthens and holds a curl well. It is not particularly volumizing, though. I would say that the effects are natural, not ultra dramatic. It enhances your lashes but doesn't make you look like you're wearing falsies. But the best part about this is its lasting power. My left eye has a tendency to water throughout the day PLUS I have oily lids and even then, this mascara doesn't move until I take it off 12+ hours later.

I've read here that this can be very hard to remove, but using a biphasic eye makeup remover, I haven't experienced any difficulties.

This is my HG mascara. The only downside is that it is not available locally and needs to be ordered from Asia.

UPDATE (7/30/14): After wearing it for a few more weeks, I have noticed some smudging...not all the time, but on particularly humid days, some of it ends up under my left eye (the one that waters) at around 8 - 10 h.

on 6/17/2014 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Yes, this mascara is amazing. If you have asian lashes, short, sparse and straight, then you will love this. It volumises, but does not clump, it separates and makes your lahses super long. It is buildable, with about three coats, your lashes look fake. Another thing is that it hold a curl. However, it is a serious pain in the bum to remove. When I tried to remove it with bioderma, it took a few lashes with it, that is not ok. The best way to remove this is with the heroin mascara remover. Overall, it is definitely the best mascara I've tried. LOVE IT <3.