Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproof

Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproof
Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproofKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproofKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super waterproof

4.3

on 3/23/2012 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This mascara is the best! Ever since the demise of Shu Uemura Basic, I have been searching everywhere for a mascara that would provide extreme lengthening, won't get clumpy and will hold a curl like nobody's business. This is it! It's not as layerable as my beloved Shu, but it looks fantastic and wears all day long. Personally, I detest volumizing mascaras. I like a long, flexible and defined lash. For about $14, this absolutely the best mascara on the market for me.

on 1/29/2012 8:56:00 PM

This is the best mascara I've EVER used, and I've used literally hundreds in my quest to find the perfect nonirritating, super-waterproof, non-smearing lengthening affordable mascara. THIS IS IT!!! I am a big crier and with this on, I could be blasted in the face with a firehose while swimming through a tsunami and bawling my eyes out...this is not gonna budge. Shiny black and VERY lengthening...it adds a little volume, but not so much that my lashes look tangled & sticky like some volumizing formulas do. Some people complain that it's hard to remove, but isn't that the point??? If it was easy to remove, it wouldn't stay on like it does, duh. Use an eye makeup remover, like FANCL or DHC...Lancome Bifacil works quite well also. Like anything in life, you need the right tools to do the job well. I did knock 2 stars off for the packaging quality: the stopper on this seems to loosen up after a dozen uses & I suspect this is why it seems to dry out a bit quicker than I'd like it to. For the price and the quality, I deal with it. You can find it at many Japanese groceries or on Ebay, but I get mine from Adambeauty: he's got good prices & good shipping rates from Hong Kong, and his customer service is stellar: always get right back to me with answers on questions, and if he doesn't have something you want he'll do his best to get it.

on 11/19/2011 2:19:00 AM

I absolutely love this mascara. I choose it over Majolica Majorca Lash Frame. Although this mascara is for long and curl, it does provide some volume to the extent that is perfect for me. Compare to MJ, Heroine provides more volume. It holds my curl super high, like my lashes got a face lift. I first curl it with Shiseido curler and then apply this mascara. No matter how many coats I put on, it never clumps, serious! I've found 2 effective ways of removing this wonderful mascara. First using your pinky, get some vaseline, and brush it on your lashes. You must leave it on for at least 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, using your index finger and thumbs, gently pinch your lashes and rub gently. Remove residue with tissue, and continue with your face wash routine, preferably with an oil cleanser. Second method, is using the Heroine Make Mascara remover in the light pink tube. The instructions says to leave it for 3 minutes which is totally absurd. You must leave it for at least 15 minutes. And then follow the same steps as you would with the vaseline. Using these 2 methods, after cleansing entire face I will use Neutrogena eye makeup remover if there are still and eye makeup left.

on 5/26/2011 11:30:00 PM

I just purchased this mascara last week and I love it! I had to choose between this and the volume&curl one, and decided on this one since nearly all the mascaras I own are volumizing ones already.

A little about me and my eyes. I have stick straight Asian lashes that usually fall out of their curls within a few minutes if I don't use a mascara and even then, after a few hours my curls are usually a lot less perky and quite flat. Compound that with the fact that my lids are naturally a bit oily, I usually have a little bit of a light smudge at the outer corners of my eyes where my lashes invariably brush against my skin. This is from waterproof mascaras too! I was pretty sure after all the mascaras I've tried, I'd be stuck with flat lashes that smudge on an oily day with mascara.

Then I discovered Heroine Make long&curl!

I can't say this does anything for uncurled lashes, but after I curl my lashes and brush this mascara on, I look like I have dolly eyes! My lashes look long and perfectly fanned out like falsies would. I actually look like I have falsies on, it's amazing! What's even more amazing is that after 8 or 9 hours and my skin turning a bit oily, none of this mascara transferred onto my lower lid at all! No smudge whatsoever.

I really like the whole packaging of the tube as well. Usually whenever I pull out a mascara wand there's that goopy sound and a buldge of mascara stuck at the tip but with Heroine Make, the wand comes out easy and clean. I don't need to wipe the wand first before I use it. I've never used a curved mascara wand before, but now I think it's my favourite! It's a lot easier to reach the corners of my eyes and if I flip the wand to the other side I can brush my lashes. The bristles are a lot more firm and the way the bristles are situated almost makes the spoolie look like a comb, so it's really easy to brush through your lashes. I don't need to do the whole zig zag thing as I do with other mascaras to separate my lashes.

As everyone else has mentioned, it's staying power is so amazing that it's ridiculously hard to get the mascara off. I've tried using my usual make up remover but all it did was remove my eyeliner, the mascara stayed firmly in place. I then used cold cream and massaged it over my lashes before wiping it off with a puff. That worked, but it's a bit of a hassle compared to just squirting on a bit of makeup remover on a puff and wiping gently. I'll invest in a better make up remover later, I suppose.

on 1/12/2010 3:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love this mascara. It makes all the "top mascaras" look silly, IMO. Lengthens my short Asian lashes like crazy, never ever smudges, never clumps despite many applications, and rinses off easily with a good eye makeup remover (I use Clinique Take the Day Off) - YES you will need an oil-based eye makeup remover, don't be lazy ladies. The long, all-day curly lashes you'll get are more than worth it. I buy it for $18 at a Japanese grocery store, but I wish I could find it more easily and for cheaper!

on 10/27/2009 9:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this & the volume version from ebay. They definitely hold curl. I tried it with Kanebo Kate primer and without and they both held the curl very well. I have short, sparse Asian lashes and all mascaras make my lashes drop no matter how well I curl them before unless I use the Shiseido or Kanebo primer.

Now, this hold curl extremely well, but it doesn't really coat the lashes thickly. The curved brush is good, it's short so it is easy to get all of the lashes, but the coating is very thin and you can't really layer it because it dries brittle.

I will use this one until gone as a base for other mascaras for the curl, but by itself, its not making my lashes lush enough.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

After I finished my Heroine Make voluminizing mascara, I got long and curl. Actually, the difference is not significant. The results are very very similar. Volume and curl doesn't thicken lashes dramatically, but is very smooth and no clumps at all. Long and curl thickens lashes just as much as Volume and curl, and it lengthens just a tiny bit more than long and curl. My lashes doesn't feel heavy, application is smooth, no clumps and no fiber coming off. I usually apply with quick, light strokes.. around 3 or 4 strokes repeatedly. Both Volume and Long deserves the same ratings to me. I can only give 4 but not 5 because it still smudges a bit. Unfortunately I have oily eye lids and outer corner of my eyes tears a bit during the day. I usually use Clarins Fix It mascara on top already.

Edit: I've to re-iterate I don't find any problem in removing. I pour baby oil over cotton pad, Press it over my eye lashes for 5 seconds, & gently rub. I always wash with face cleanser to get rid of residue & the grease afterwards.

on 3/7/2009 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I think this mascara is pretty good. I have short Asian lashes and it does lengthen my lashes quite a bit. It holds a curl quite well. The only problem I have with this is that it kind of runs after some hours. Or maybe it's because of my oily face. Also, I don't wear make up too often so I've had this mascara for 2 years now probably only worn it 30 times at most. I don't know if it's because I've had it for this long, but it clumps now when I put it on. Might be because it's dry but I'm not sure. But all in all, I believe this mascara is pretty good. Very waterproof as other reviewers have said. You need to use makeup remover to take it off. Not just plain water. It's good that it's THAT waterproof. It stays on even when you shower or swim. So I'm not sure why some people complain about the removal. That's the point of waterproof mascara. Other than the clumping and running (maybe also due to time), it's a pretty good mascara to use.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Best mascara I've EVER found! All day (or night) long, inky-dark curled lashes that don't smudge!!!!

My lashes are fine and very straight, so I usually have to use a lightweight defining/lengthening mascara to keep any lift or curl. Maybelline Lash Stiletto or Lancome Definicils have been my usual suspects. Not dramatic, not super dark, but acceptable for daytime use.........Except that my skin is very oily. So I'm lucky to get six good hours without smudges or flakes.

This stuff is actual magic. It is pretty hard to get off. I've found that using a clean mascara wand soaked in remover works wonders to remove without excess tugging and rubbing. Try it!!

I love this mascara so much, it does not budge so you need a good waterproof makeup remover to take it off. It is very very black and gives decent length and ok volume. It is close to perfect for me, but I wish it was just a bit more volumizing. This is definitely a life saver in hot humid weather, it looks the same at end of day as it does when I first put it on.