Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof Mascara

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof Mascara
Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof MascaraKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof MascaraKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof MascaraKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof Mascara

4.4

I found this mascara through some online research and decided to give it a try. I was slightly scared to use it because I read that it's so hard to take off.

The package I got ended up coming with a small bottle of eye makeup remover from the same company. I figured it was best to use their own eye makeup remover which can probably help to take off the product.

This is probably the best mascara that I've ever used. It helps extend my lashes and lasts all day without smearing or smudging (which is the best part). I no longer have black cat eyes from smeared mascara. This doesn't give you volume though and that was my only disappointment with the product. I will most likely try out their volume and curl mascara next to give it a try.

After using the mascara, I tested out their eye makeup remover which helped a lot with taking off the product. I soaked a cotton pad in the remover and let it sit over my eyelid for a good 10 sec each. Then I use DHC Cleansing Oil to get rid of the rest and it all works out! I had no problems removing it and no problems with left over mascara.

Overall, I was really impressed with this and so glad I found this mascara! It really does make your eyes pop! It's a little pricier but it's totally worth it! I paid around $19USD for one tube.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

The Long and Curl mascara is quite horrible compared to the Frame and Curl one from the Kiss Me Heroine brand. It does not hold a curl at all; my lashes fall flat within minutes of putting on this mascara. The volumising effect is pretty good, but the lengthening is poor. Luckily, it glides on without clumping; and the curved brush is also great for coating each lash and reaching the small ones at the corners of the eye. Like the F&C and many other Japanese mascaras, the formula is super water-proof, oil-proof, flake-free and smudge-proof. You'll need a dual-phase or oil-based remover to get it off. My biggest dislike of this mascara is the smell. What I think was originally meant to be a rose scent actually is an odor that is reminiscent of prunes! It smells disgusting and to make things worse, it lingers for a while so you are constantly catching whiffs of the stale, granny-like scent. The F&C mascara is a much better choice that has everything this one has, but with amazing lengthening effect and no odor!

on 3/22/2013 10:34:00 PM

EDIT June 29, 2013: I just came back from Japan, so I can definitely reassure it has NOT been discontinued, unlike other reviews -- this is a very popular mascara/brand, so you can find this mascara at most drugstore chains there. I found this for the cheapest price at Matsumoto Kiyoshi for only 860 yen! (around $9.20 equivalent). Also saw at Tokyu Hands for about 1020 yen - point being that it's really priced up in the US. I also saw that Heroine makes special waterproof mascara remover that comes comb-shaped, but I didn't buy. Perhaps this works effectively for removing?
------

In the US, you can probably find this product at any Japanese supermarket chain -- Mitsuwa, Nijiya, Marukai; check to see if one is near you. I found mine at Nijiya for $22.

This mascara did a pretty good job lengthening, but nothing more significantly special than drugstore mascaras. Overall, I was a bit disappointed in this mascara considering the reviews and higher price.

It definitely took me a couple more minutes than usual to remove than other mascaras, but it was not that bad. I used Body Shop Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover.

I only give three lippies, bc even though it doesn't flake as much as other mascaras, I don't think it's worth $22. I would rather experiment with another Japanese mascara than repurchase this one.

on 3/3/2013 4:44:00 PM

Oh my god this mascara is a nightmare to remove, really a total nightmare, as in I didn't think it would come off and even 1 week after having applied it only once and scrubbing the hell out of my eyes with an oil based makeup remover it still was no gone, its the only time i have been truly freaked out after using a makeup product. THIS DOES NOT COME OFF WITH EVEN AN OIL BASED EYE MAKEUP REMOVER!! It ttally wrecked my lashes and I lost about half of them. Beware!!

on 1/14/2013 4:25:00 PM

I love this mascara! I have straight lashes and issues with smudging. This mascara is just perfect for asian eyes. The brush is nice and small so it is a great size for small eyes and getting to all the little hairs at the corners. It separates your lashes nicely, is buildable, and is gives a nice natural look. Its not THE most volumizing, but it doesn't claim to be so that's ok. This stuff holds a curl like nobody's business and it is completely smudgeproof and waterproof. I wore it for long days in a hot country, skidooing, for 30+ hours (flying back home) and it withstood it all. No flakes and no drooping. It does take a little patience getting it off since it is a waterproof mascara. I recommend soaking a cotton pad with a bi-phase eye makeup remover and holding it on your eye to gently breakdown and remove the mascara. What I love the most about this mascara is that once its on, I don't have to worry about it. No need to check for smudges, flakes or droopy lashes.

This mascara is one of my absolute favorites! I use it religiously on my bottom lashes. I have oily eyelids, and this stuff holds curl like a dream and doesn't smear AT ALL. You can probably go swimming with this on and it won't budge. It's buildable, too, which is fantastic. Just make sure you have a good makeup remover. As I said, this mascara has remarkable staying power--using just soap and water will not take it off!

on 1/2/2013 5:39:00 PM

This is not a mascara that is readily available to me here in Canada, but I made sure to buy two back-ups on a vacation trip to Hong Kong this summer.

I have medium length, thin straight lashes, and this is one of the only mascaras I have come across (and Ive tried dept mascaras like Estee Lauder and Clinique, to drugstore ones....more than 20 different types!!!) that holds my curl, lengthens and volumizes my lashes. After about 10 hours of wear, my lashes arent as perky as when I first applied, but that I okay with me. I have cried with this mascara on, and it did not run. 90% of the mascaras Ive tried in the past smudged on me, as I do have monolids, but this one has yet to budge.

Speaking of budging, I admit that this mascara is quite difficult to remove......and I use organic coconut OIL to remove my eye makeup!
A tip though (for any harder-to-remove eye makeup): Hold your cosmetic pad with the remover on the eye area for several seconds, to allow the remover to break down the products :)

If I convert the price back into CDN dollars, I paid around $17 for this at Sasa.......which is a crazy high price for a mascara imo (yes I have slurged several times when I caved in and tried higher end mascaras), but I really do love this. I will repurchase and stock up on this mascara (long and curl/volume and curl are basically the same, they give the same results, really) when i travel back to Asia :)

Ive realized this mascara, as it "ages" does not have the amazing curling power it once did...so after a while my lashes still droop a bit. Furthermore, it has smudged a bit on me recently :( This is def sad, so ill be changing my review to 4 lippies instead of 5. i still would recommend this product though!

on 10/29/2012 4:35:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Other

After reading amazing reviews on MUA, I have decided to give it a try. I have long full lashes naturally, and this mascara made them look worse! It hardens on lashes and is extremely hard to take off even with waterproof remover. Did not give me any extra fulness or length. Not going to buy again.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I bought this online as it seems to be touted as amazing for holding a curl.

This may be true, but I found this mascara to make my lashes look clumpy and SHORTER than without mascara. YES, it holds a curl, but it's like finding a hair spray that holds but turns white and stiff. Not worth it, not HG.

I'll keep using it to see if maybe I change my mind as the tube gets older (which does happen, so, who knows).

EDIT: the older the tube gets, the less "stiff" my lashes are. Considering the price and that it does hold my curl, it's not a bad mascara.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I love this mascara too. I use it all the time makes a big differences if you have skimpy Asian lashes like mine, doesn't run, last all day and holds a curl I usually buy it on ebay or SASA.com