Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof Mascara

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof Mascara
Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof MascaraKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof MascaraKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof MascaraKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof Mascara

4.4

on 11/26/2015 4:09:00 PM

I have both the lengthening and volumizing versions..but i gotta say that i'm not very impressed with them. For the volumizing one, i can hardly see any volume added on my lashes...i can literally sit there and apply 10 layers and there will be not much difference. For the other version, yah it lengthens a bit but nothing incredible...and they both do not hold curls that well. Just didn't understand all the good reviews.

on 11/15/2015 12:04:00 AM

Ha! The best mascara i've ever used. Tried a lot of mascaras and brands but won't purchase any other ever again after i found this. Love! Try it yourself.

on 10/29/2015 9:36:00 AM

This is literally the best mascara anyone can have. My absolute HG product for at least two years. I've tried the pink (older) version prior to the black one and it was great. When they reformulated the product and came out with the black version... IT LITERALLY MADE MY JAW DROP. The holding power is fantastic. My friends even asked me if I had falsies on. I was like... no, it is all thanks to this wonder mascara. I don't wear falsies simply because I hate the feel of it, which makes this a better natural alternative. I know some people find that it is really difficult to wash off but in Asia, we usually use oil-based eye make up removers which removes it perfectly. This is definitely one of those products that can achieve better results than those high-end cosmetic labels. Would repurchase it every single time without hesitation. ;)

on 8/26/2015 2:36:00 AM

This is my HG when it comes to mascaras (together with Maybelline's "Volume Express") as it:
1. Gets my lashes long.
2. Gets them a little curled...
3. And if applied over curled lashes, VOLUME BABY!
4. Doesn't clump or flake too badly.
5. Never smudges or falls off.
6. Is easily bought at my local Japanese drugstore for about 1000 yen. (Eating out at McDonalds is like 700 yen so.)

However, as others mention, it can be a pain in the lower parts of the body to get off your eyelashes. For this, I have the solution! You've got vaseline at home? Smear it onto the dry lashes after your regular makeup removal (that doesn't take it all away) and let it sit for a short time. Then wipe it off with some paper and you've get 'em lashes free again!
If necessary, repeat. But I am usually fine with just once, and tbh? For the price and the effect, I don't even mind.

on 5/22/2015 3:40:00 AM

This mascara is my HG.
I've finished 4 tubes of it and gone through the pink (previous) and black packaging.
Holds my straight asian lashes after i've curled it, for the whole day.
I live in a year-round humid country (Singapore), this mascara doesn't budge, holds a curl and most importantly, does what it states in the packaging and with astonishingly good results at that.
If you're looking for volume, look for its counterpart; the volume & curl version, it is AS good and does what it claims.
But cons: Needs an oil-based remover and you cannot layer this mascara or it'll clump.

Tip: But I've tried layering these 2 together before- apply the volume version first and while it is still wet, apply the lengthening one, it'll blend together like a dream.

on 5/20/2015 2:13:00 PM

This is a review for the Heroine Make Long and Curl Mascara in Jet Black. This is the one in the fuchsia tube with a black cap, and gold writing. I recently went on a trip to Japan and bought several tubes as gifts, as well as for myself.

First of all, the pricing was fair. It was I believe 8000 yen or around $8 for a tube. There is a regular version and a waterproof version, so I just picked the one with the blue dot and kanji on it, hoping that it meant waterproof in Japanese. It's a simple design with a slim tube. I like the packaging with the girl. It's rather cutesy.

As for the product itself, it has to be the most perfect mascara formula out there. The brush is weird though. It's a wand that curls and the mascara is goopy at the end. This mascara holds a curl all day, will not budge, gives you length, some volume, and the black is not too black or not to dull. The winning quality would be that it does not budge. At the end of a long day of work, a date, and maybe some late fun, it still looks like it is freshly applied. It is important to have a high-quality eye makeup remover. I use Neutrogena's or Mary Kay, but even with that, it can be hard to remove. I make sure to use a q-tip to apply Vaseline to my lashes to get the remaining mascara off. I wish that this mascara would be on the shelves of CVS or Walgreens, but with the wonderful internet, you can find this mascara for around 12 bucks on Amazon.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I asked my mom to bring me back some Heroine Make mascaras when she visited Taiwan (January 2015). So she brought back 2 different types of "long and curl" mascara, one of them being super waterproof and the other being super film. I think the mascara that is pictured is an old version because I've purchased that one a few years ago.

Super waterproof: tube is a dark purple metallic color with silver writing and the smooth handle of the tube is pink-silver. The formula is kind of wet with little fibers and the brush is ever so slightly curve and very small. I prefer this one as you can actually (patiently) build up the mascara and have relatively long lashes. This mascara doesn't really hold a curl well and does not give any volume at all. It is also pretty difficult to remove so use a dual-phase eye makeup remover (my favorite is by Mandom).

Super film: tube is black with gold writing and the ribbed handle of the tube is gold. I HATE THIS ONE SO MUCH!!! The brush is curved but much fatter than the waterproof version. The formula is wet but there are so many fibers in it that it feels dry. The fibers don't cling to my lashes so it's impossible to layer. And whatever amount I do get on my lashes, it tends to flake off really badly by the evening, getting into my eyes and on my contacts. This one just requires some warm water to remove it but it's messy because it breaks down into tiny pieces.

on 2/7/2015 7:51:00 AM

I am honestly surprised by the good reviews here. Maybe I got a bad one? The formula is so wet that my eye lashes would droop right away. FYI, I have straight eye lashes. And I really need mascaras that can hold up the curls well. This did none of that. Interestingly enough, the Heroine Make Volume and Curl works great for me.

on 1/12/2015 11:29:00 AM

Oh my, in the minority again. Shocking! I hate this mascara - really hate it. Extremely fiber-y, super dry, and very dull - almost gray as opposed to black. It made my lashes crunchy - and almost straightened them! Exactly the opposite of what I'm going for. I saw so many rave reviews for this that I couldn't help but try it - I'm ALWAYS on the lookout for a great mascara. To be totally fair - I did buy on Ebay, so I may have gotten an old tube. It just didn't do what I wanted it to - so back to my old standby.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Helloooooo HG mascara! Where have you been all my life? I've used about maybe 3 tubes of this mascara already so I have finally decided to review it!

I have short stubby asian lashes... yuck! They're practically nonexistent.

But this HG mascara does wonders. After using an eyelash curler, I quickly apply two layers of this mascara. It does what its name states: LONG and CURL! After 3 tubes, this mascara has never failed to keep a curl through sweat and tears and long, long hours.

Don't expect this to be voluminizing as well, though. This mascara does its job -- making your lashes long and keeping curls, but that's it. I have no problem with that as I normally pair this up with another voluminizing mascara (Covergirl or Jordana works well).

I use this mascara as a base, always, because it never fails to keep a curl. I use it by itself for natural looking lashes but I pair it with other mascaras for a more dramatic look. I also use this to keep the curl when I wear fake lashes so it blends really well with them!

The curve on the brush really enhances the application as well, IMHO.

-1 lippie for:
*Price and availability. It translated to roughly $12-13 USD I believe. I bought it while I was in HK at Sasa but I live in America. I don't know where to get it here without ordering online... boo!
*It is a huge PITA to remove. The oil remover it comes with makes this easier but without it, I find that even my best eye makeup removers take a lot of effort. However, this isn't a huge problem because I guess it really shows that this won't smudge or budge during the day... NO MATTER WHAT!

Overall, yes yes yes, I recommend it! I'm mascara-crazy. I love trying new mascaras! So finally settling down to one mascara took a lot of courage, but this mascara deserves the HG title.