Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof Mascara

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Isehan Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof Mascara
Kiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof MascaraKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof MascaraKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof MascaraKiss Me Heroine Make Long and Curl and Super Waterproof Mascara

4.4

on 3/13/2011 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I LOVE this mascara! This was recommended to me by other MUE girls and I am so glad I got it! You put it on ONE time, and it stays on all day (and night.) I have oily eyelids, and this is the only mascara that does not come off of my bottom eyelashes. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a very good mascara that does not budge; not even in the shower, washing your face, or sleeping! By the way, it's very easy to remove with either Coconut Oil or EVOO. Try it!

PROS: Extends lashes very well. Does NOT flake/smudge/smear at all!!!! Wonderful curl holding ability. Even though it has fibers, it does not get in my eyes and bother them like all others with fibers do.

CONS: The brush is slightly awkward. Can't build much to make thicker lashes, but this doesn't say it's for thickness or volume. I don't know if this is what makes it not smear at all, but there is some stiffness to the lashes from this. Very hard to remove (see tips below.) Having to order it is a pain.

APPLICATION TIPS: If you're going to try to build with coats, do it while it's still wet.

REMOVAL TIPS: The best thing I've found is first Vaseline rubbed in and then Almay's NON-oily remover in the bottle (squirted on to a cotton pad.) The combo of these two works much better than anything else I experimented with.

APPLICATION TIPS: I am a recent convert to using Shiseido's popular curler.

ALTERNATES: For HE, for volume, try MUFE Smoky Lash. Lasts great with lots of volume. The Falsies by Maybelline (then covered by Clarins Double Fix, to waterproof it) OR The Rocket by Maybelline (also covered by Clarins Double Fix) is wonderful for volume and lots of length. For lots of volume and good length, I like Covergirl Remarkable Washable Mascara, which stays on very well for nonwaterproof.

on 2/12/2011 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

HG, HG, HG!!! I bought this last summer when I went to Japan, and it's "ichiban" for a reason! It's the best! I will never do without this mascara!

Oh man! What a disappointment. I have short, straight lashes and I had high hopes for this product. It isn't *bad*, it's just so average. Doesn't hold a curl well and just sort of blah looking lashes. Sigh. I'll keep looking.

I was taken in by the glowing reviews online, so I ordered this from Sasa.com. I paid under $11 + shipping. I wanted the volume and curl, but they were sold out, so I got this one instead.

This is a very average mascara. I wasn't expecting much volume (hence the name), but I didn't get any length, either. I tried a few different applications, like gently applying to the tips first, and then "rolling" the wand from root to tip. This didn't quite yield the result I was looking for. I also found that when I used more than 1 coat, I got some flaking throughout the day.

I do think it deserves at least 3 lippies, in my book, because it does hold the curl (and also helps to curl when you do the rolling method that I described earlier), and the petite, curved brush is easy to maneuver and defines the lashes decently. Also, this is very waterproof and long-wearing, so I will give it credit for that. (I purchased the Kiss Me mascara remover, which I will review separately.)

Overall, it didn't give me the drama that I was looking for. It actually reminds me of a cheap version of Shu Uemura's Basic, which is, well -- basic!

I will continue the search! For reference, I have thin lashes that are somewhat short, but have been lengthened by Rapidlash. continued >>

on 12/7/2010 4:04:00 AM

What can I say....but LOVEEEE!! This is def. my HG mascara. I have tried all the mascaras that was supposed to be good for my asian lashes (short, thick, fall straight) such as maybelline full n soft, covergirl lash blast (this falls 2nd), lancome courbe? virtuso, estee lauder, dior show.. but this .. my fellow chicas is what my eyelashes were made for. This holds my curl THE WHOLE DAY from the moment I curl and coat my lashes with this until the end of the day when I wash it off with eye makeup remover. This paired with my shu uuemura lash curler, allowed me to confidently get my falsies and throw in the back. I always had short lashes (not SHORT SHORT but def not long or noticeable w.o mascara) and after this I continuously get asked if I'm 1) wearing fake lashes 2) pretty lashes, not too dramatic but doll like.
If I had to say something bad about this is that it last way too ridiculously long.. (pro and con at the same time ironically.) because when the time comes to take this thing off.... damn its a pain the bum. I have to use up 2 cotton balls soaked in makeup remover (up & up by target dupe for neutrogena oil freee) and even after deepcleansing and reg. wash it still leaves some remains. But I'm willing to go through it (which is a MIRACLE because I am the MOST laziest girl you'll ever meet...) as well as driving all the way down to torrance (where they have mitsuwa or marukai = the japanese stores where they sell this) for they do not carry this in my town. All in love it, hate it for the littlest reason, but will end up keeping it (0=

on 9/18/2010 1:36:00 AM

Best mascara I have ever tried and I've tried "the best." At the price there is really nothing to lose. I was prepared for disappointment because of the more popular products I had been using. WOW!
The staying power is great! I forgot to take it off one night and there were no smears. My eyes still looked good and the curl stayed! I've had no problem removing the mascara either. Just a couple swipes.
Keeps curl - stays put when you want it too. I LOVE IT!

on 8/28/2010 3:43:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Wow guys, you weren't kidding when you said it does NOT come off! That's actually the reason I bought this, one for me and one for my mom. We both like it a lot. It's very wet, which I normally don't like, but it still does what I want. It takes a lot of brushing through for me, in order to seperate my lashes and give them that extreme length. It's not clumpy, just goopy, so you'll need to work with it. I already have long lashes but this made them go PAST my eyebrows. It was actually a little annoying because they were getting tangled in my bangs and brows. But amazingly, it didn't flake! Didn't smudge! Didn't come off when I washed my face! I was expecting it to at least get a little spider lashy after getting all wet, but they just fanned right out again! I'm really happy with this. I had stopped wearing mascara because they all left black flakes on my face, which would melt into my foundation and be impossible to clean up without doing my face over. Now I don't need to worry. And my mom likes it because now she can run out of the house early in the morning and still have mascara on from the day before! I'm buying a tube for my sister to see if she likes it when she goes scuba diving. Payed 23$ for two on ebay. A+

on 8/18/2010 3:44:00 PM

this mascara is the best! i read the reviews and bought 2 tubes on ebay for 12$ this mascara stayed on all day even with me rubbing my eyes and washing my face! it really is waterproof! my lashes stayed curled throughout the day and night! (i didnt take it off because i wanted to see how good it was!)
the only problem i had with it is i got a tiny drop on my eyeshadow and it wouldnt come off (prob because i was just using water and not makeup remover) its a great product!!!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My lashes stayed curled the whole day!! love this product, seperates lashes but not much volumizing power as it is just meant to make your lashes 'long and curl'. overall a good product, smudges a lil bit with my oily lids. No problem removing this product with Shiseido's The Skincare makeup remover. Highly recommend this product.