Perricone Advanced Eye Area Therapy

No Image

2.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

AEFUL AWFUL AWFUL! within 30 seconds of putting this crap on, my eyes start burning and itching. Had to rinse it off right away. Dont waste your money on this one. Too risky that you might get an irritation from it.

I received a sample of "Dr Perricone Advanced Eye Area Therapy" at Sephora and my under-eyes swelled like balloons and itched severely after 2-3 uses! My lower lids pushed up into my field of vision. My husband suggested that I go to "Urgent Care" and the doctor prescribed steroids to overcome the severe reaction. It was horrible! I have just finished the steroids and the swelling and itching have calmed down but now the skin under my eyes look like a deflated balloon - severely wrinkled and striated...much worse than before. If I tilt my head one way or the other the skin flows like loose lava!

on 9/29/2009 5:56:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

perricone advertised everywhere. i thought it would help me to get rid of dark circles and very small crawl wrinkles, or at least smooth the appearance of those. I am very disappointed as it didn't smooth my skin around eye area and i did not see any other beneficial effects. Moreover, clinique "all about eyes" cream was even better for half of the price. At least with clinique i got more moisturizing effect.. overall, i think this product is over-hyped. I've tried tons of eye creams, including the most expensive one like la praire... and this perricone cream is a no. it does not work for $100+ you pay for it. one thing is good about it that it didn't irritate my eyes (that's why i give it rate of 2).

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I got a sample of this from Sephora, expecting to love it. Good thing I got a sample. Within three days I had pimples under my eyes. I also woke up with more puffiness under my eyes than with my regular eye cream. Wouldn't buy it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Maybe Perricone needs to know about this horrible reaction you all are having with this product! I've read every review here and they almost all say something about welts, redness, itching, inflammation, etc. SCARY!!! It shouldn't be on the shelves!! (It sounds like).

on 4/7/2009 7:57:00 AM

Proceed With Caution!

I received several generously-sized samples of this, and was in total heaven, given the claims that this works on puffiness, fine lines, AND dark circles. I used it faithfully for about a week, and started getting horrible redness and deep itching beneath my eyes. I mean, TERRIBLE. I didn't think it was this eye cream, but the pain and irritation were so awful that I got rid of EVERYTHING in my routine and started from scratch, adding back one product at a time and using them for a few days before adding the next. No irritation. Hmmmm....

Since the last thing I had to add back was this eye cream, I tossed the sample I'd been using (figuring maybe it was a bad one) and grabbed a fresh, unopened one. Two months had elapsed since my initial redness (I was adding products back in slowly.) I dotted on a small amount of the eye cream. The next day, I had HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE poofy red welts beneath my eyes, and the area itched terribly. My husband wanted me to go to the doctor, it looked and felt so awful. The next day, the welts all merged into one giant red poof. It caused a deep, PAINFUL itch that made me want to scratch my face off (I literally sat on my hands to stop myself from touching my face, it hurt SO MUCH.) It took four days for the redness to go down enough to even be camouflaged with makeup.

I've NEVER had any allergic reaction to any product. But something in this really set off my skin. Proceed with EXTREME caution if you use this to make sure you don't have any issues. It did nothing for me but make me look and feel like I'd been severely burned. (Seriously...a neighbor asked me if I'd been burned, it looked so bad!)

on 3/18/2009 2:28:00 PM

This was made for people with moderate to severe puffines.
I bought this thinking about my fine lines and dark circles, but it didn't help in those issues, instead, it depuffed my already sunken periorbital area, and it made my skin burn like hell, plus I hated the packaging and it's very expensive (95 dls) :s not good for me

on 3/2/2009 9:22:00 PM

i've been using this product consistently for about 1 year now and by far, it is the BEST eye treatment i've ever tried. it really reduced the fine wrinkles around my eyes and minimized the dark circles as well. this is my 2nd bottle now and so far, so good.

on 1/15/2009 11:52:00 PM

Have been using it religiously for a couple of months now (got a generous sample from Sephora) but it has been nothing special. Smell and color a little strange. Not terrible but nothing to recommend

on 12/6/2008 4:38:00 PM

I tried this eye cream for dark circles and hydration. Unfortunately I had bad luck with it. I found it to be very irritating and drying. I got a red welt under my eye that was really sore. I don't recommend this product at all.