Palmer's Body Oil

No Image

on 10/28/2004 5:22:00 PM

I just bought this today and used it after my bath. It is absolutely divine!! The oil was really light, and not at all oily or greasy. It absorbed right into my skin, and I could dress right away. Only thing keeping it away from 5 lippies is that the scent is very faint. I love the smell of Palmers and the oil is not like the lotion scents. Excellent product, that provides sheer moisture.

on 10/25/2004 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Wanted to like this so much, but alas... The oil in itself was pretty good, but the scent had a horrible plastic undertone that I did not care for. It became very overwhelming. If you love strong chocolate scents, this is for you.

I started using this when it was winter. I love it, when i applied it 1st it was greasy, until it absorbs to my skin. I love it, it makes me skin all soft, and i bought a tiny bottle too for me to carry around in my bag. But i wouldnt use this in summer. Overall this is a great product, i love Palmers' products anyway, and will buy this product again in th future.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

First of all I really love Palmer's Cocoa Butter products. Like this one they all have a wonderful vanilla/chocolate scent that will drive you crazy, however I didnt like this product. I found this oil didnt absorb very well- it pretty much coated the outer layer of my skin but did not actually moisturize. Even after sitting there rubbing it for 5 minutes it would not penetrate. Needless to say my legs were an oily/greasy mess that smelled like choco-vanilla. They were smooth and oily feeling but I could feel no actual moisture for my dry legs. I feel so bad I have to give this oil a low score because all of the other products by them have gotten high reviews. It gets 2 lippies for the cheap price, and delicious scent. I hope they re-formulate this so it can have a deep moisturizing affect like most oils have. I havent tried adding it to a bath because I have oily skin and only need it for my legs.

good for skin dried out by the sun-smell is over the top tho-so use when no one else is around. have purchased small bottles on more than 1 occassion.

on 8/8/2004 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I love slathering this stuff all over my legs after I shave them. The smoothness lasts for at least two days afterward (I usually have very dry skin on my legs.) It feels a bit oily and greasy upon initial application, but it absorbs very quickly.
And since it is made by Palmers, it smells wonderful!

on 7/23/2004 9:36:00 AM

I LOVE this stuff in my bath. Adding 2-3 capfuls of this oil under running water does wonders for your skin. You really do feel the difference after. I usually have scaly, thick spider-web looking dry skin (from years of youthful neglect)...

But the difference was amazing! I don't think it is oily ENOUGH or thick enough - it's a little watery, you have to use a LOT to get the results I got, but worth every penny.

on 6/17/2004 12:44:00 PM

I use a shower oil every day in the shower after my body wash. This is a great one for summer. It has a very light summery-cocoa scent that I adore. I did find that this oil is pretty sheer and might not be enough for the winter. Other than that, it's a keeper!

I was excited to try this,because I LOVE Palmer's lotion,especiaaly the scent.I figured it would be perfect for summertime since the lotion is too heavy.Anyway,I put it on right after my bath,and I have to say,it does soften and feel really nice,and the scent is nice and light.I was loving it until about 10 minutes later when it actually made me smell like playdough!!!No kidding!!!I smelled like playdough all day.Not exactly what I was shooting for.Oh well,I'm going to try it as a bath oil and see how that goes.

i LOVE THIS OIL!! Has a chocolate scent that works well layering Vanilla Abricot, Serendipity or most other vanilla scents. I love this just for the smell alone.