Palmer's Body Oil

No Image

I love this stuff. Smells great. I use it in the bath for an allover body moisturisation. I also use it as a shaving oil and leaves my legs lovely and soft.
Its also nice to pop onto your shins for a sheen, also on the collar bone :)
I just love this stuff :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love this product. It makes my skin VERY soft and silky, and is especially good on my legs after shaving. I use it after showering, before applying cocoa butter, which really seals in the moisture (although this isn't recommended for hot days, as it becomes sticky). Only a little is needed so it lasts for a long time, and the sugary scent is an added bonus!

on 2/5/2009 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

This is a wonderful and affordable body oil. A girlfriend and I were talking and she said she uses body oil instead of lotions since her skin gets so dry; so when I was in the drug store and saw this for BOGOF I couldn't resist.

I have been using it for about 2 weeks now, so far I think this is better than any lotion I have ever used. About an 1 or so after applying lotion my skin feels itch and dry again. With this oil it seems to keep my skin nice and soft all day long. I apply right away after a show, it seems like I have to put quite a bit on as it doesn't seem to spead easily - that's ok.

It does have the signature chocolate scent but by the time I am done with my hair and makeup the oil sunk in and the scent faded. I even asked my co-workers if they thought I smelled like a huge hershey bar...they said they didn't smell anything until I thrusted my arm under their noses and made the smell me :)

Overall, I think this is a great product and for under $2 bucks its a real steal. If you don't like it as a body oil put some in a bath or use it as a body scrub in the shower. Or a nice romantic massage...my hubby loves this stuff!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love the smell of this oil - it's like chocolate! I put it on my legs which get very dry. It takes a while to sink in but after it does, my skin is nice a soft. There is a little lingering greasiness afterward though, so I'm not sure I'll repurchase. Overall though, I am fairly pleased. Extra lippy for the lovely scent.

on 8/19/2008 8:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I put this in my bath and slather it on before a shower, and then use a body scrub. My skin stays baby smooth all year round with this routine. It's great stuff but does smell a bit cloying if you use it on its own as a moisturiser.
Tip: When my bank balance is in the red, I mix this oil and a handful of sugar for a budget sugar scrub. Has the same effect as commercial ones for a fraction of the price!
UPDATE: Works even better if you apply it to soaking wet skin straight from the bath, pat dry and then apply the lotion. Heaven!

on 7/13/2008 6:24:00 AM

I love Palmer's cocoa butter products and this one is no exception. It moisurises really well. I use it all the time in summer-I just pour some out and rub it into my legs and they look nice and moisturised.

The only problems are 1. The Bottle-it should be a spray bottle or have a better lid and 2. The Smell-I love the usual smell of Palmer's products and while this one isn't bad-it's not as nice as the usual products.

on 4/14/2008 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I would like to repeat what one of the reviewers said below - Check first if you can stand smelling like sweet chocolate and cooking oil for hours! I love chocolate, but smelling it all the time isn't great. The scent also goes everywhere. My sheets and clothes smell like it when I use it - not nice! I find that it doesn't sink in easily, although it's moderately moisturizing. I have been trying to finish my bottle for 1 year now. I will not repurchase.

Try before you buy!

YUCK!!! The smell is too strong and it doesn't absorb very well. I agree with everyone about the bottle, if you do use this, put it in a spray bottle. Better yet, just get some vegetable oil from the supermarket and use that instead.

on 3/3/2008 5:57:00 PM

Bought this today. It feels great on my skin and soaks in really well even on dry skin. The smell is a bit more baby oily than I'd like - which is odd cos it isn't made of the same stuff. I think I might do as other MUA reviewers have and switch it into a spray bottle too as the packaging isn't great. Otherwise - good product.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love the way this goes on and makes my skin feel, but by god, it stinks. Initially, I didn't find the smell too objectionable (it smells a bit like very sweet chocolate) but after a while, all I wanted to do was get in the shower and scrub it off. The smell lingers and matures over many hours. I would suggest trying a sample first to ascertain whether you can withstand the fragrance. I can only wear this when I am going out and spray myself with a strong perfume that overpowers the smell of this oil.