Palmer's Body Oil

on 4/24/2012 6:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Pros-
Good quality bath oil, light and easily absorbed by the skin, good moisturizing coverage and cost effective.

Cons-
The only -ve side of this product is that it tends to leave a stubborn rancid oil smell on clothes, towel and even entire bathroom. I never faced this issue with other bath oils that I have used before. Not a fan of the smell, hence I will look for other options before buying this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Fabulous! I use this in summer when it's too hot for lotion. Smells good and natural/light and evens your tan. The bottle is annoying - you will get your bathroom oily. It would be an awesome spray. It's a little heavy - but just a little - so if you apply sparingly fresh out the shower, you're good. Sometimes harder to find.

on 1/18/2012 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Really glad I tried this product - has become a staple in a month. Have dry eczemaic skin and need extra help in winter. Really recommend putting this on after shower. And if your skin is very cracked and dry and showering is difficult, put it on before you go in shower.

Tonnes better than baby oil which I found doesnt sink in well and doesnt last long. This gives you a lot of moistre - I still have to moisturise with cream after due to my skin but for lots of others imagine, this after shower would be enough. In summer reckon i could get away with this oil and a lighter cream.

Not fan of smell - lile my oils to smell fresher, lemony. But so good, i can overlook that & dont find it lingers on skin anyway. Can also see how would be tricky to travel with so I would probably use different container.

Theres not much choice of good body oils out there, unless you have a lot of money. Comparatively, you get a lot for your fiver with this. Thanks Palmers!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Can't believe I just started using this given that the use of body oil post showering has long been my preferred means of keeping my skin soft and moist (it so much easier and more effective than body lotion!). For some reason it never occurred to me that Palmer's made their cocoa butter products in an oil form. I had been using baby oil all this time which works just fine, but Palmer's is a more natural and better smelling alternative. It's fantastic at banishing the painfully itchy dryness I often experience around my sides, hips and thighs during the winter and leaves my legs incredibly smooth after shaving. I just slather it on right after I shut off the water in the shower, rub it in as best I can and then towel off the excess as I dry off. So much more efficient than using lotion on dry skin! Love the scent too. It smells just like you'd expect any cocoa butter based product to, like creamy and sweet hot cocoa. At around $5 for 8 oz it's a little more expensive than baby oil, but still cheap enough that the minor splurge isn't enough to fuss over.

on 8/20/2011 12:13:00 AM

I normally use pure lavender body oil but I've been looking to create something I can use in bulk. So I managed to pick up this bottle and am reasonably impressed with the outcome of mixing 3/4 Palmers with 1/4 Lavender oil.

To maximise your application and reduce wastage, pour the product into a spray bottle and use that. If you pour the liquid straight into your hand, it leads to uneven application and risk of wastage if the product spills. A quick spritz of the spray bottle at the end of your shower is quick and easy. Simply rub in and pat dry when you step out, voila.

The smell is in my opinion a little offputting (I'm not a fan of the warm vanilla/cocoa scents) because it is still strong enough that it will have an impact on any perfume you spray on. While I say I would buy this again, if I found something else within the same price range I would probably switch.

on 7/15/2010 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I picked this up on a whim since baby oil just doesn't seem to be enough for my skin the last few weeks. The trick to using this (or any body oil) is to apply them to wet skin, and when doing this I don't have to follow this with any lotion, which I would have to do with baby oil (also applied to wet skin) or any oil applied to dry skin. I love the scent of this, but it does fade over the day, and by nighttime I can't smell it anymore. I also like using a more natural oil on my skin, and though it is greasy initially it does sink in after a while. I would definitely purchase again.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

A couple times a week I slather this all over myself after shaving, it keeps my skin healthy and soft for days afterward. The bottle leaks and makes it difficult to travel with.
I will always keep this product in my body care rotation.

on 8/8/2009 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This is a daily beauty staple for my skin. It's so rich and moisturizing, i find i don't even need to use moisturizer (although i follow it up with the palmer's cocoa butter :P).
It's very cheap, a little goes a long way: I have a bottle of this in the shower, and when I'm finished and still wet i get a tiny bit in my hands and smooth it all over myself (the water helps it spread).

Then i get out, and dab my body dry with a towel so to not wipe it all off. This is great for an anti-irritator after shaving, and lightly fragrances your skin and it feels like silk! I'd say its a bit too much to use on dry skin, but hey to each their own.

There are a few downsides...the packaging and the smell. I love the scent ... don't get me wrong ... but it's not something i want to smell 24/7 as it tends to be quite strong, even when its diluted by all the water on my body. I have my own perfume so tend to keep this off my arms, neck and chest so it's not too overpowering. Also..If it came in a spray type bottle, i think it would be perfect. The screw lid is just a little clumsy and it's hard to get the right amount of oil sometimes - but these aren't enough for me to take a lippie off.

I prefer this to the cocoa butter moisturizer - it seems just to work better. I highly recommend to those with dry skin, or those who get irritated after shaving! Overall, I'm glad i decided to pick it up :) and would most definitely repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love it, works better then other body moisturizer and multi purpose product out there ! It's dirt cheap and value for money, I paid about $10 (Australian) for it and is comes in 250mls + a little goes a long way. The down side would be the packaging is ok but could be better, I find the bottle leaks , if I travel with it I just put it in a zip lock sandwhich bag and the problem is solved. It asorbs fast but bare in mind if you use too much it does take loger to absorb. The smell is ok, I found some reviewers mentioned they dont like the smell or its too strong but what do u expect its made out of cocoa oil!

on 6/15/2009 10:36:00 PM

I have tried this on dry and damp skin and it seems more effective when used on damp or wet skin and then blot dry with a towel. The foody chocolate chip cookie dough scent is diluted somewhat that way. Straight up, the smell is a bit over the top, plus takes longer to absorb. My bottle is a bit leaky and this seems a common problem. I like that this does not contain mineral oil. Good quality product for the price.