Everyday Minerals Cosmetic Wet Wipes

3.4

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

I absolutely LOVE these wipes.

I'm really not sure what kind of makeup reviewers are wearing if this doesn't remove it. If you're wearing Everyday Minerals, it definitely removes it all. But even when I wear other foundations, and my Covergirl or MAC mascara, it removes it all.

My skin feels really fresh afterwards. I like using a cosmetic/facial wipe at night, and a medicated cleanser in the morning - this routine has worked well for my skin. But Ponds and Neutrogena wipes leave my face feeling itchy, and others don't moisturize at all - EM's solve all those problems, and they're really cheap (Ponds was 6 bucks for 25 wipes, EM is 4 bucks for 80 wipes).

Definitely is not good enough if you are solely relying on this for removing makeup. Especially if you use waterproof makeup. But they are so dirt cheap that they are good for a quick refresher, or a mini makeup removal. Like if im going out after work, and my foundation looks crappy, I just wipe it off with this and redo it real quick. I dont have to redo my eye makeup! Also good for if you are using pigments, or mineral eye makeup and you get dusting under your eyes. I always use this after applying eye makeup just to clean away any smudges of eyeliner or mascara or whatever! The price definitely makes it worthwhile because you dont have to feel bad and skimp to use every inch of the sheet. I say get them if you need a "filler item" to bump you up to those promotions Everyday Minerals always has.

on 3/27/2008 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Warm

Did not remove mu as compared to other mu wipes out there. Poor quality. Ended up using them for spills in my car... :/

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I was dying to try these. They're very reasonably priced at 80 wipes for $3.75. The all natural ingredients thing was nice too. I have not had any adverse reaction on my skin from these at all-- huge plus. So why the 3 out of 5 rating? Well,

The packaging is awful. You can't get just one wipe out of the pack. You end up pulling 2 or more out unless you kinda claw it out. Annoying. It would also be nice if it was a bit more easily resealable since this is an item that dries out eventually. If they were in a tiny tub or even a ziplock that'd be nifty.

The biggest complaint: They just simply don't work that great. They are really nice if you're someone who washes in the evening and just wants a quick clean the next morning, and they're ace at removing lipstick...but they are lame at removing eye makeup. I use UDPP and waterproof mascara and if I want to get it off with one of these wipes I have to scrub so hard I lose lashes and pull at the tender eye area. Not ok.

I will use these up but not repurchase.

on 2/14/2008 4:54:00 PM

I am a huge EM fan and was dying to try this. I have never used wipes before, but since it sounded easy and they cost almost nothing I decided to give them a try.
I thought they were suppose to remove makeup so I got really disappointed at first. I used alot of time and scrubbing and just ended up with soar skin with some makeup still left on.
Since I really wanted to love this I tried using this in mornings but unfortunately it made my skin supersoar and made me break put like crazy. Will give these to a friend. Huge disappointment !

on 2/9/2008 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Overall: 4

Price: 1 ($3.75/80 wipes!)

Packaging: 2

Buy again:

I don't normally use wipes, but I wanted something to remove makeup and freshen up without having to go to the sink. I've used quite a few of EM products in the past, so when these came out I wanted to try them out. First, they are loaded with all natural ingredients, which I love! They are moist and large enough to get the job done (they're about the size of a piece of kleenex). The price is absolutely phenomenal too-- I am acne prone as well, and this stuff is actually helping my skin because of the lavender oil and grapefruit extracts.

This doesn't leave any greasy residue, or dry my skin out. They're great for on the go or if you just want a "pick me up" in the middle of day.

My one complaint is the package; it comes in the standard wet-wipes plastic bag thing with a sticker seal. My sticker doesn't seem to stick very well, and I'm worried about the wipes drying out before I can use them all. A better sealing mechanism would be awesome! (i.e. you can keep the same plastic bag packaging, just make the opening a plastic piece or something to make it airtight). I keep mine in a dark drawer out of direct light, just to make sure the solvents don't evaporate as quickly. continued >>

on 1/15/2008 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

For a while now my night time routine has involved using a cleansing wipe to remove my makeup and to cleanse my face. Usually I just pickup whatever is cheapest at the drugstore (Ponds, Olay, Kroger, Equate, whatever!) so I am not picky about this particular product. I was very suprised to see this new product on the EM site. 80 wipes for under $4 seemed too good to be true! I thought the wipes must be super tiny or something. But lo and behold, when they arrived in the mail I was first surpised with how big the package was! It looks much smaller on the website. The wipes themselves work great. They remove my makeup with ease and feel nice and refreshing on my skin. The scent is nice too. Like several other EM "accessory" products, the quality may not be up to par with other options out there, but for the price I find it very much worth it. Especially with this product! Even drugstore brand MU wipes run about $5 for 30 wipes. The wipes do not lather up like the other wipes out there, and the cloths themselves are much thinner. But the job gets done - which is what I like about many of EM's products. I will definitely buy again because you get a very good product at an incredible price.

on 1/13/2008 6:21:00 PM

I love Everyday Minerals' mineral makeup, but in my opinion skincare may not be the right direction for this brand. I wanted to try cosmetic wipes to easily wash off makeup and sunscreen and sweat after working out, but as a previous reviewer noted, these just smear around your eye makeup. And what really surprised me was that these gave my skin a burning sensation, and I do not have sensitive skin. I am by no means an ingredients expert, but there must be something harsh in these. I was hoping they would help me be lazy when I don't feel like going through my usual oil precleanse and cleanser routine, but I won't be using them much.

on 1/12/2008 3:20:00 PM

I really, really like how EM has tried to provide high-quality organic skincare at reasonable prices! These wipes aren't perfect, but they are a good start in the right direction. You get 80 in a resealable package for $3.75, which is a super value! The smell is my favorite part, it is clean and refreshing without being perfume-y. I think that it takes face makeup off very well, without leaving any sort of film behind and without being irritating to my sensitive skin. My only issues with these wipes are that 1) they really don't remove eye makeup that well-- yesterday I only had on EM eyeshadow + primer, and it left remnants behind, and 2) the wipes are not the softest texture I've found (Ponds, Neutrogena, and Boots wipes all beat EM here). Yet, I will continue to repurchase these, and use them on days when I have less makeup on and/or just want to freshen up! Give these a try!

on 1/8/2008 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I bought these because I needed a makeup remover. I was attracted to the packaging, and they were cheap; so i bought them. When I got them I was really happy about the packaging. There is a smell, but it didn't bother me. It reminded me of baby wipes. It took off my foundation, conclear, and powder, but not so well on the eyeliner. It removed like 94% of my eyeliner. Plus it removed most of the oil from my face and actually made my face matte the whole day... ._. which i like. Overall I'd buy them again. I like the price, packaging, and smell, so yea. :)