Everyday Minerals Cosmetic Wet Wipes

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love EDM products, and I was excited to try these wipes...until I actually received them and was nto really impressed. This product barely performs. Sure, it takes off makeup on your forehead, cheeks, chin etc (with a lot of rubbing)....but any wet wipe you use would do the same thing. A generic baby wipe could do a better job at removing makeup than these wipes. And if you want to use these to remove eye makeup, forget it. All it does it smear your makeup around and you have to scrub so hard to even attempt to get any mascara or eyeliner off that you could actually damage your skin with repeated use. Trust me- the effort it takes to use these wipes to remove eye makeup is soooooo not worth it. Use a cotton ball with ANY other makeup remover and you'd get your makeup off a lot quicker with no friction, rubbing or damage to your skin. I do think these have one good use. If I have any residue from makeup removers left on my face, I could use one of these wipes to remove the residue- but considering I always follow up with a good face wash anyway, I'm not about to add another step to my routine. These are good for wiping your face after the gym, but since I always need moisturizer, I wouldn't use these alone. My husband likes to use these because he likes his skin to be as dry as possible, so he uses these during the day to remove his oilies and touch up his face.

I know I have been raving about Everyday Minerals' products lately... but this product is absolutely amazing!! Us oily-skinned gals would be hard-pressed to find a 'cosmetic wipe' that doesn't break you out, contain nasty chemicals and/or fragrances, or leave nasty film on your skin. I love toting these for use before/after the gym to keep my skin clear, but many brands (like Boots, for example) contain harmful parabens and leave a film behind, making it feel like it did more harm than good! Well, girls, I think I've found the perfect wipe! For $3.50, you get 80 large towelettes (baby-wipe sized, not the wimpy 'cosmetic wipe' size), and get this... the ingredients are all-natural and organic, and they smell amazing, despite the fact that they don't contain a trace of synthetic fragrance. A few swipes with this and you are left with clean, makeup-free skin... it wipes every trace of oil, makeup, and dirt away... I really think this could possibly replace a traditional cleanser! Honestly, you would be crazy not to give these a try. One of the best beauty bargains I think I have ever found!

**My only gripe, and a note to fellow ingredient hounds.... While phenoxyethanol is an organic compound that prevents bacteria from forming, it is toxic and is classified as an irritant, however, it is used in many cosmetics.... considering this is low on the list of ingredients, I would think many people could use this product without experiencing irritation. Just follow with a few pats of moisturizer to keep skin from getting too dry.**

Ingredients: Water, Aloe Vera, Lavender Hydrosol, Organic Lavender Essential Oil, Organic Grapefruit Essential Oil, Extracts of Green Tea, Chamomile Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Citric Acid. continued >>