Unlisted Brand • Extra Virgin Olive Oil • Moisturizers
|Would buy this product again.||91%|
Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown
THIS IS THE BEST MOISTURIZER IN THE WORLD! GOD CREATED IT, NOT HUMANS :)
WOW! i cant stay here n tell u all the long amazing facts about this.. u jus gotta research it n try it! :D STOPS WRINKLED ON FACE N EYES N NURTURES SKIN N HEALS N GROWS LASHES..
i just dont like to put it on my forehead in the day time. it usually slips into my eyes, makes them wet n ugly n cloudy or stingy LOL (only in the day) so i use any other cream for my forehead
Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel
I have fine hair and letting color grow out to natural color. I have about 6 inches of natural color growing and the rest of my hair with the color in it is dry, coarse, stringy. I have wasted alot, I mean ALOT of money on shampoos, conditioners, deep conditioners, oils.....the list goes on. And nothing would work on moisturizing the dry colored section of my hair. I finally decided to throw in the towel and have horrible hair for the next few years until it grew out. But then I heard you can put EVOO in your hair for moisture. So I tried it for a couple days and it did help but nothing too noticeable. Then I started mixing it with other kitchen items to see if I could boosts the results and I came up with a recipe that works!
1) Mix 2Tbls of EVOO with 2Tbles Helmens mayo that has EVOO in it.
2) spread through hair from tips to roots.
3) wrap head in plastic wrap (holds heat better then shower cap)
4) blow dry plastic wrapped hair for a couple minutes till your scalp can feel heat.
5) leave on for at least 20 min.
6) take off plastic wrap, rinse, shampoo, condition.
My hair was 80% less crunchy dry! It looks and feels so moisturized but not greasy. It has a nice natural shine to it. The only bad thing is the smell of your hair once you take the plastic wrap off...like warm potato salad. But trust me....it is so worth it! And the best part is it's super cheap and you can pronounce all the ingredients so you know what your putting on your hair!
Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium Hair: Brunette Eyes: Hazel
Love olive oil! I use this to remove makeup, and then follow with a regular cleanser, it leaves skin feeling so soft and nourished. I also have used it in my hair pre-shampoo, leaves hair shiny, soft, and frizz-free.
Age: 44-55 Skin: Other Hair: Brunette Eyes: Hazel
Olive oil is a staple in my kitchen! I don't even bother with the extra virgin variety, either--I just get plain olive oil. (But obviously if you feel the evoo works better, go ahead!) The main thing I use it for is moisturizing/exfoliating my extremely sensitive facial skin. I pour about a teaspoon of olive oil onto a clean washcloth and take it into the shower with me. I wet the cloth with warm water from the shower, then briskly rub my lips with it. Next I go all around my face using gentle circular movements. In general, I try to keep my face out of the hot/warm shower water, but I do use a little to splash my face maybe once to get the excess oil off. This is about the only exfoliation my skin will tolerate these days, but it works great. Plus, when I put cleanser on the cloth to wash my body, the olive oil is still on there to better moisturize my skin.
Other ideas: Dab olive oil onto your cuticles, then rub in for moisturization and natural shine. (You can clean out a nail polish or cuticle treatment bottle with an attached brush and put olive oil in it for conveniience.) You can also add some olive oil to a bottle of body lotion or shampoo that is not sufficiently moisturizing. Use your imagination and you can come up with lots of great ways to use olive oil. It's cheap, ecofriendly, and smart!
Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel
I use 1/2 tsp every night in the ends of my damaged and dry hair to keep them hydrated throughout the day and protect it from environmental damage and it works so, so well. My hair has definitely been a lot more happy since I started using the extra virgin olive oil.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green
I have a confession to make. I was SO NERVOUS to try this on my face. It just seemed so... backwards.. to put oil on my face?! When I have acne?! That sounds insane.
BUT IT ISN'T!
I started using cold pressed EVOO on my face a few weeks ago. I add a couple dabs to my moisturizer at night and apply. It is just a little greasy when I go to bed, but when I wake up my face has soaked up all the goodness and it is SO smooth.
I suffered from very dry flaky skin due to harsh acne treatments, and this has completely rehydrated my skin. It is wonderful.
I have acne prone skin and this DOES NOT break me out. Olive oil is a natural moisturizer and has antibacterial properties. There is no reason for acne prone skin to stay away from natural oils. DRYING OUT YOUR SKIN IS NOT THE ANSWER PEOPLE.
Anyways, I hope this helped. I was really nervous to use this at first and now I don't even know why. Such a great product, and best of all it's right in my kitchen at all times.
Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green
there are so many ways to use this stuff.if you google it the list is a mile long. Lots of people on YouTube and stuff say they love it in their hair. Not me. I use it to takeoff stubborn makeup on occasion, tanning oil if I want the sun to really get in my skin, and I also have olive oil baths warning* it can be very slippery and you need to wash your tub after. I put my hair in a high bun, rub olive oil all over my body then sit in the tub read a magazine for a bit. The olive oil sticks to me tho because oil and water dnt mix the. I get up wipe it off use mild soap, but a little lotion on some dry spots and bam I am legit as soft and moisturized more than ever before
Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Hair: Blond Eyes: Hazel
I love extra virgin olive oil!:) I started using it 2 weeks ago as makeup remover and moisturizer. Since I've started using it my skin has cleared up soo much! My pores look smaller and any stubborn pimples have cleared up:) my skin is normally really sensitive and acne-prone so I'm so happy I started using this again:)
Age: 25-29 Skin: Other Hair: Other Eyes: Other
I love olive oil on my food, but hated it on my hair and skin.
I tried to add a few drops to my conditioner and made my hair greasy (even after I washed with shampoo), smelly and weighed it down (I have curly hair).
I have used a few times as an eye make up remover (when I didn't have any at home). It doesn't work well, takes more time, leaves a heavy film and gives me small red bumps.
As a lip scrub (mixed with sugar), it's messy, tastes awful and makes no/very little difference. As a lip moisturizer worked worse than lip balms (plus the olive oil taste and scent).
Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black
Ok so my daily regime has turned into an all natural one and here is what I do:I wash my fash with all natural olive soap and then apply honey mask.Let it sit for 30 min and rinse.I apply green tea as a toner and before bed I apply extra virgin olive oil+vit c+vit e and it has been breaking me out.What am I doing wrong?Someone please help I really want this to work.(I have really oily skin could this be the problem?)
Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium Hair: Blond Eyes: Brown
I used to put olive oil on my hair while I was young ,My hair by
that time was very long , strong , healthy & curly. Olive oil by
then was great for my hair .Now as I have bleached & very dry hair
olive oil do not work for me any more . so my advise is olive oil
will not work for all hair types it will not help bleached hair becouse
it will make your highlight darker & for damaged hair you need
stronger treatment to add shine & moist for your hair
however I will continue buying olive oil not for my hair but for
Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green
I know there are some people wondering why the heLL people would use food (none the less an OIL) as a part of their daily beauty regime. Well, the same reason people use maynaisseto and eggs to condition your hair, lemon to lighten your hair in the sun, honey/tumeric/avacado/coconut oil/sugar/salt on your skin for cleansing, balancing and exfoliating. It has been used for many many MANY years, and people love it because it's all natural and it works! Extra virgin olive oil is like the HG of all oils that you can use for MANY different beauty regimes... it's so multi-faceted and very forgiving- which makes it super easy to work with. There are also many external health benefits to using extra virgin olive oil as well. Some of the external health benefits are: anti-aging, prevents acne, cleanses, adds hydration, prevents free radical damage, acts as a skin barrier for harsh weather and so much more! I have made a list of the TOP ten ways I love to use EVOO for my beauty treatments and rituals. One more thing to add, is that all of these I have done at home- very simply.
Natalie's Top Ten:
1) Wear it alone: you can simply wear extra virgin olive oil all by itself to treat normal, dry, oily, combination and sensitive skin. You can also apply it to skin conditions such as oily and acneic skin, eczema, and dry and cracked skin on hands or feet (anywhere really). It might sound strange to apply oil to an already oily face; however this will actually make your skin less oily because they counter act each other. You dont need much... Not anymore than 2 teaspoons for your entire face and neck.
2) Wear as a moisturizer: extra virgin olive oil is a great moisturizer, for most people. You can do it like me and mix it in with your regular moisturizer at home if your skin is dry and your moisturizer alone isnít cutting it. Just add a Ĺ teaspoon at a time, (and work your way up from there...) to the palm of your hand and mix with the moisturizer.
Just an F.Y.I since we are talking about moisturizers- EVOO is better than using regular olive oil because it is pure, and it has all of its vitamins and nutrients still in tact. Therefore you will get the best results and benefits using extra virgin. It will cost a bit more, but is well worth the extra money.
3) Hair mask: to use as a hair mask, take a Ĺ cup of mayo, one egg, and 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Mix it all up and apply to the ends of your hair working upwards. Do not put on the scalp to avoid looking too oily. Leave it on for 20 minutes and the last 2 minutes take a blow dryer and apply a little heat all over your head. Pre-wash your hair until the water runs clear, take ablow generous amount of shampoo and work through hair for a minute or two. Repeat wash two more times, and then add your conditioner. Let it sit for 5 minutes, and rinse out thoroughly.
4) Lip balm: to make a lip balm, pour a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and mix it with some raw, unprocessed honey. Then apply to your lips! Itís tasty too. You can also store it in a little container to take with you, but only use it the day you prepare it, and then throw it away. It's a bummer that it only lasts a day, but the fresh balm works so much better on you lips.
5) Lip exfoliator: Chapped lips is something many people (including me) suffer from, especially in the winter months. A lip exfoliator is beneficial in removing the dead skin and allows the lip balm to penetrate better. To make a quick lip exfoliator at home all you need is to take some granulated sugar, and mix it with about a teaspoon of olive oil. Keep mixing until you get the right consistency, but there should be more sugar than oil. Massage into your lips, then gently wipe off with a towel. After you apply your balm, you will be able to feel the difference.
6) Face mask: There are so many facial masks you can make with extra virgin olive oil (EVOO). You can literally add it to any kind of mask, for moisture, Below are the ingredients for masks for a few different skin types/conditions.
∑ Oily/Acne prone: Use the egg white from one egg, 1 tbsp of honey, 1 tsp of EVOO, 1 tbsp of milk.
∑ Dry/Combination: 1 tbsp of smushed up avocado, 1 tbsp of EVOO, 1 tbsp of honey
7) Facial exfoliator: To create a facial scrub (it can also be used anywhere on the body) grab a bowl. Mix a Ĺ cup of brown sugar, a ľ cup of extra virgin olive oil, and 2 capsules of vitamin E and 2 vitamin C. Mix together, then apply it to your face. Scrub for about a minute or however long you see fit. (Note: Using brown sugar is better then using white because it is not as granulated and more gentle for the face.)
8) Eye make-up remover: take a small bottle and fill it with water. Then add a few tablespoons of EVOO. Shake well. Then take a cotton ball and moisten it with the mixture, and just wipe off your makeup. Make sure itís pretty diluted so you donít get too much oil in your eye. Then wipe it off completely.
9) Make-up brush conditioner: Makeup brushes collect dirt, oil, and harbor bacteria, therefore they need cleansing too. And of course you can even use EVOO for your makeup brushes. It is very easy to use. All you do is take a paper towel, put some olive oil onto it, then swirl your brushes around on it. Afterwards rinse it with your facial cleanser, baby shampoo, or makeup cleanser. This will leave them soft, shiny, and clean.
10) Naturally lighten your hair: if you apply this combination to your hair, it can make for a natural DIY hair lightener. I have used it before. Raw, unprocessed honey contains traces of hydrogen peroxide that gradually lighten the hair when applied consistently over time. The olive oil helps to soften the strands. You can also add Ĺ a banana for extra nourishment. Let it process for 10 minutes in the bowl. Then add to your hair and leave for 30-40 minutes. You will see results after a short period in the sun (which will accelerate the lightening in addition to t
Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium Hair: Black Eyes: Black
I wish i had discovered this super cheap yet effective product earlier.
I have spent thousands of dollars from years of using brands like La Mer, Shiseido, Estee Lauder..etc.
But since i accidentally discovered olive oil as face moisturizer, i suddenly have people compliment me on my skin. I was like floored! nobody really noticed my skin before.
I am so happy coz' it didn't clog my pores. I admit i was so scared to try it the first time around. But waking up everyday to soft, supple and smooth skin is bliss.
I still wash with my regular soap. Then apply my diy vitamin c toner (vitamin c tablets+distilled water). Then i let it dry a bit. After that i put olive oil and warm it on my palms.
Cheap and easy yet super duper effective:)
Oh to round off my routine, i also drink 2 teaspoon olive oil daily.
Plus vitamin c, vitamin e and omega 3 capsules.
Perfect skincare routine for me!
I only now use this as an added oil to my skin and hair masks...i found out after several months that it doesn't work well for my skin anymore. The first few months were fantastic and then it clogged my pores. So i sadly had to remove 2 lippies...i really wanted to love this regimen so badly :(
Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green
I have been suffering from really terrible hormonal cheek acne from my bout with Loestrin (since stopped that and gone onto Gianvi) and it has been a really painful process to the point where my skin is severely damaged from my cheeks to jaws to chin. I am in the recovery phase currently where I still have a blemish here and there (4 on my face at a time) but very bad scarring.
This helps so much to moisturize my face and lighten redness/scarring. I've seen my skin go from dull and red (due to retinoids which I've since stopped) to bright and moisturized. I realized by using this product that the problem with my skin is that its TOO DRY and then it overproduces oil, causing acne and exacerbated by the progestin in Loestrin. It has been a very serious battle... let me tell you.
I use a gentle cleanser (Purpose) and then mix EVOO with my Nivea Soft moisturizing cream and put it on my face with a Q-Tip (being extra careful because hands can have bacteria). So happy with its moisturizing effects and that it doesnt clog my pores.
I can say that I avoid my nose when using this because I noticed that oils can make blackheads look bigger. EVOO has completely cleared up my forehead... I can't wait to see how far it'll take my skin in this recovery. A blessing.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green
best makeup remover na. I use it nights to get off concealer/powder/eyeliner/mascara/lipstick etc etc and follow up with my usual cleanser. I also use it most mornings mostly as a buffer to ensure that my skin is totally clean but also to keep my cleanser from stripping my skin too much. definitely recommend that you wash this off with a cleanser just because removing it with water alone won't get it all off (it's really good at clogging pores) and because removing it with a washcloth requires you to be too forceful and could damage your skin in the long term. either way I really like it and I've never had any serious issues!
Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black Eyes: Brown
I use this to remove makeup every night and it works a charm. Definetly hop to the store and pick it up! Best makeup remover ever :)
Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive Hair: Brunette Eyes: Brown
I know, I know. Olive oil as a beauty product sounds ridiculous.Let me change your mind! I started dabbing olive oil onto my face five days ago and it has worked absolute wonders. I don't have problem skin--just run of the mill combination skin and a pimple every blue moon (usually due to academic stress)--but my dark spots and acne scars are fading and I've noticed that my face looks less red, too. I have oily skin and was very hesitant to try this because I'm, well, slathering fatty oil all over my face, but it's super absorbent and doesn't make you look more oily or anything. Quite the opposite. Another benefit: IT'S CHEAP AS HELL and you probably have olive oil in your kitchen pantry right now! Go try it!
Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive Hair: Brown Eyes: Brown
After reading these reviews on this site about extra virgin olive oil and helping get rid of getting dark circles under the eyes I thought what the heck I have tried everything else. I applied it under my eyes just before bed. I now believe miracles do come true as the circles under my eyes have faded. After one week use the dark circles are non existent. Thanks to you all for the wonderful beauty tip. Keep the beauty tips coming.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green
EVOO is a MIRACLE for my skin. This is an absolute HG product for me.
I have chalky, dry skin prone to flaking and dry patches. I've tried all sorts of moisturizers, serums, exfoliators, masks, etc, and nothing gives me results like olive oil does. After removing my makeup at night and cleansing my skin I just massage a little bit of EVOO into my face and leave it on overnight. It leaves my skin absolutely gorgeous and glowing. I notice less blemishes and reduced fine lines as well. I now get complimented on my skin all the time and always recommend it to people asking what my secret is!
Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium Hair: Brunette Eyes: Hazel
My country produces olive oil (Portugal) so we have very good quality here for cheap.
I tried last year but somehow i notice many clogged pores, so i stopped using it... I wasn't really sure it was EVOO causing those clogged pores. That time i massaged it on my face, go directly to the shower and after a few minutes letting the steam open my pores, i would use my regular cleanser.
This year, i tried Revlon Colorstay for the first time and i loved it. But as everyone may know, the big challenge is to take it off your face... So i reched for EVOO again, and never stopped using it. But now i massage it in may face, remove it with a paper tissue and the in the shower i use my regular cleanser to make sure i don't have any oil residuo, and my pores are deep clean. My skin improved a lot, i have less blackheads. And no breakouts at all. Very satisfied.
It also removes my eyemakeup very well.
Very cheap and effective makeup remover :)