Unlisted Brand • The Coconut Hut - Cocoa Cabana Whipped Body Souffle • Lotions/ Creams
|Would buy this product again.||84%|
Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark Hair: Black Eyes: Brown
I have mixed feelings about these creams. While I love how potent the scents are (Tahitian Petals, Lemonade Twister, Coconut Custard Mochi Cake and Kauai Splash Cooler), I hate the poor moisturizing quality. Seconds after applying it, my hands are literally dried out! WTF! At these prices, I'd expect to feel a bit more moisturized. Of all the scents I've tried, there's only one that disappointed me. That was Blackberry Jam Cookie Tart. It smelled soooo heavenly in the jar but once I put it on, there was an underlying burnt/weird note that dominated the raspberry zinger like fragrance. It bugged me, since I had such high hopes. Oh well...that's the risk you take when ordering online without sampling.
Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown
I think I've tried about every body cream etailer out there (S&L, MMU, etc) and have been sorely disappointed in all of them. Their scents just turn on me or are smelly-in-a-bad-way from the beginning, but so far, I just love TCH products. Got samples of this, Polynesian Poi-fection, and Ultra Rich Body Butters. For winter, I think I like this version the best, and the Aloe-Ha Lotion for summer. Light but not too light. Not really 'whipped', but more of a non-runny lotion without being thick. Soaks in almost immediately and isn't greasy. Richly scented, lasts all day, and none of the scents have turned on me. They smell exactly the same on my skin as they do in the pot. What a treat.
Tried the following scents:
1. Honeysuckle Grapefruit: My favorite so far. "A zesty grapefruit with a mild background of blooming honeysuckle drifting in the background". On me this is more honeysuckle with a mildly tart note of grapefruit. Just smells amazing.
2. Hula Hottie: "A melange of tropical fruits, suntan oil, beach, and lots of attitude". Pineapple and coconut. Very pina colada.
3. Beach & Surf: "White sandy beaches and the sound of the pounding surf. This scent will remind you what a day at the beach smells like". I've tried a ton of different "beach" scents and they all either smell like nothing more than suntan oil, or seaweed. This really does smell exactly like the beach. Sand and surf with a touch of coconut. Yummy!
4. Kissing on the Beach: "Holding hands with your beau, strolling down a secluded beach at sunset this scent will fill your heart with joy and romance. The exotic tropical scent of Tahitian vanilla beans, island fruits, and a whisper of coconut milk." Probably my 2nd fav. More than a whisper of coconut on me and a touch of fruit. The vanilla/coconut combo is very rich. Just heaven.
5. Blueberry Verbena: "The perfect blend of sweet summer blueberries and citrusy verbena. Top notes of juicy blueberry, orange, and lemon verbena lead to a fruity-floral middle of strawberry, pear, lilac, and violet." More like Verbena-Blueberry. Very lemon with definite blueberry and strawberry. Pear, Lilac & Violet are very subtle in this.
6. Peach Frost Mimosa: "Sliced peaches are blended with tangerine sherbet and fresh coconut milk. Served in a chilled flute and topped with toasted coconut. Pure frosty heaven!" This was a sample. I don't particularly enjoy peach or orange so I never would have bought this. That being said it does smell exactly as described. Somehow it is very frosty.
7. Jasmine Vanilla Type: "Bath & Body Works Type- A beautiful blend of blooming jasmine and warm vanilla". This is the one I really wanted, but I was very disappointed. I love jasmine, but this smells like Raid, with a moldly dishtowel middle on a base of B.O. :P
8. Jasmine Blossom: "The evening air glides across the delicate jasmine blossom. This sweet and fragrant scent will have you dreaming of warm summer nights." Very similar to 7. above, only with some vanilla mixed in. Also terribly disappointing.
9. Pink Pumpkin Frosting: Sample sent with order. Not something I would have purchased for myself, but I really like it. "Sweet pumpkin custard whipped with cream cheese, vanilla frosting and sprinkled with Pink Sugar." Describes it exactly, but the pumpkin is very scant while the vanilla is predominant on me. Love this one.
All that being said, I will definitely purchase more from TCH.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination Hair: Black Eyes: Brown
This company and its products are absolutely fabulous. I first tried coconut hut through a swap. And the smells are absolutely divine. They are packaged nicely and the cream actually moisturizes my extremely dry sensitive skin while leaving it smelling nice and perfumed for hours ( I haven't gotten that in a lotion up to date). The customer service is wonderful too. I got my products in about 5 days, wrapped very nicely with small sea shells in the bag. That was incredible! Plus I got lovely samples. Everything looks natural enough to use on sensitive skin and the scents smell so good, not plasticy like The Body Bakery. Do not hesistate to purchase these (Plus they aren't expensive and with a lot of scents, really, there are A LOT, you won't get bored!).
Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Neutral Hair: Brown Eyes: Green
I discovred this website at random but was excited because it turns out the lady who owns the business lives like 20 miles from me.....no shipping woo!!! I picked up Cocoa Cabana Whipped Body Souffle in BEACHED COCONUT. The souffle it self is seriously one of the best moisturizers I have ever used....and I have used alot. Everything irriates my skin...this one NO PROB!!!!!!. Its a bit greasy at first but it skins in very fast also its says its supposed to give you a dewy look...i just wipe my palms off when Im done. The packaging is in tub form.....not too bad because a little goes a very long way and if it pumped you would get too much at once. Doesn't leak or anything. The price it great I got the 4oz tub for 6.75. Thats reasonable...to me atleast. Scent wise the description says its a ture coconut sniff and the its the owners fav.....but I find it to be laced with chemically overtones. It does go away but its strong when you first put it on. Maybe its just that scent...im willing to try a different coconut sniff. Scent power isn't fab. but some scent are just stronger then others. Over all IM happy and would buy again....just not beaced coconut. OH and I got my order in 3 days!!!!!! Great customer serivce. Love it I took off the lippy for the scent
Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown
I got a few of the sample sized tubs to try them out. They are *very* highly scented - you can smell them a mile away. It may be a little much for some people.
I have White Moon Cake, which smells like cake, sugar, and lemon (I guess moon cake is different from moon pie). Very highly scented, but a little fruit loopy. I liked Pink Chocolate Cupcake more - very sweet and sugary with a little bit of cupcake!
It does a very nice job of moisturizing and softening your skin, but it does have a slightly greasy residue that does not disappear.
My other personal gripe is the packaging. They come in half-ounce tubs with false bottoms which come half-way up the tub. It's a waste of plastic.
Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination Hair: Black Eyes: Brown
I purchased this from coconut hut beauty after reading all the rave on the B&B board. The scents are very potent and longer lasting than anything i've tried. Throughout the day I get a lot of compliments on the fragrance and it moisturizes well for those cold and dry winter months. I have it in bikini sweetie (smells like BBW tahiti sweetie) and coconut pear. Definitely recommend!
Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal Hair: Brown Eyes: Brown
This cream is very silkening. There are so many scents to chose from at the Coconut Hut, so you're sure to find a match. Tropical, foody, clean, yummy, unisex, fruity, beachy, floral... you name it. This site has everything, and regularly adds more scents. I consider this cream to be appropriate for all seasons of the year; it's not too thick, and it's not watery. The cream literally soaks right in, and leaves no oily or sticky residue behind. A little goes a long way, so even people who find the price too high get their money's worth. I would highly recommend getting sample packs to find the right scent for you, because nothing would be worst than getting a full sized tub of this to find out that the scent does not mix with your body chemistry. I have personally found that Coconut Hut scents either make my mouth water or make my stomach turn. Some wonderful scents, such as "Hula Hottie," smell awful on me. I just wish this came in a container like the lotion bottles, because I find those to be so much easier to use. Overall, I love this cream and will definitely repurchase.
Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown
The souffle is very nice. It absorbs well, not leaving any kind of residue or greasiness, and the fragrance lingers on the skin. I am not crazy about any of the scents I tried it in, but I am reviewing the souffle without regard to my fragrance preference. No complaints about the cream itself!(I tried it in Tahitian Black Coconut, Chi Chi Twist, and Hula Hottie) The packaging is visually plain but that's not a big deal to me when it comes to lotions and creams.
Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel
I've tried about 10 samples of this product and I'm sorry to say that they almost all morphed badly on my skin. They also have a distinct chemically "underscent" which clashes, sometimes violently, with the added fragrance. The one exception to this is Hello Dollies which is awesome. I'm not sure why this one works and the others don't, but there you are. I'd be interested in trying her lotion or Body Butter to see if they work any better. FWIW, I have the Hair and Body Mist (in Prickly Pear Margarita) and the Beach Baby Perfume (in Blackberry Jam Butter Cookie) and they both smell lovely.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium Hair: Brunette Eyes: Brown
I just swapped for a sample tub of this product from Coconut Hut in the Mango Macadamia Nut fragrance and have fallen in love! The texture is light and smooth but extremely moisturizing. This fragrance is delicious too, I'll definitely be looking into swapping for and purchasing this and other fragrances of this cream.
Update: I still love the feel of this product and will definitely look into other fragrances, but the fragrance has changed on me and is now super perfumey (bleh). Might smell better if weaker and it might just be my body chemistry.
Age: 25-29 Skin: Other Hair: Other Eyes: Other
I have tried this in many scents. Wow! This formula is just amazing. I absolutely love it.
I have tried in Candied Coconut, Sweetie Pie, Tahitian Black Coconut, Island Flower, Pink Chocolate Cupcake, Vanilla Dreams, Vanilla Passion, Pink Coconut Candy, Strawberry Kiss Cake, Blushing Pink Soda Punch, Coconut Merengue Pie, Lemon Merengue Pie, Lemon Drop Cookie ... all were absolutely wonderful. The formula is just amazing. It blends into the skin very well, leaving the skin moisturized all day with the scent lingering. I love it!!!!
I have tried 18 creme samplers thus far and will continue to order more so I can try more scents. LOL
Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair Hair: Brown Eyes: Blue
Love it! I have used this in Bikini Sweetie, Tahitian Black Coconut, Yuzu, Cabana Boy, Beach & Surf, and another one I can't recall right now. Great stuff, just placed another order for more. I love the packaging -- always arrives in a cute little palm-tree bag with shells in it for a full tropical experience. I loved the Tahitian Black Coconut so much I bought some of it for my mom for Mother's Day this year, along with a scrub and shower gel in the same scent. One day, after putting some of the Whipped Body Souffle on, a few hours later, a coworker walked by me and said, "Wow, you really smell like the beach today!" I was wearing Beach & Surf. I think that attests to the staying power of the souffle scent as well as the accuracy of the scents! I think I'll be a Coconut Hut customer for a very long time.
Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green
I love this product. Full reviews of the scents seen here and more are on my notepad.
I have this in the following scents: MANGO MANDARIN (Like B&BW - but nicer) - sweet and fresh;
LAIT SUCRE (Close to a perfect CSP Dupe) - Sweet and milky with more Caramel tan the original;
APRICOT CREAM CAKE - Delish! angy and creamy-sweet with a vanilla cake note; LEMON SUGAR (WOW!!! Almost-dead-n FRESH dupe.) Refreshing tart lemon and sweet sugar with a subtle green note in there too.
LEMON RASPBERRY TIRAMISU
SWISS WHITE CHOCOLATEAMOUR de CACAO (Dupe)WAI NUI GRAPEFRUIT
RUBY RED GRAPEFRUIT
Coconut Hut has very good quality for the price, and great customer service.