Etude House • Precious Mineral Bright Fit BB cream SPF 30 • BB Cream
|Would buy this product again.||43%|
Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown
I have mixed feelings about this BB cream. There are some things I like about it and some things that irk me, things that irk me enough to prevent me from repurchasing... so, I've made this list to hopefully help you to see if you should buy and try this BB cream or not!
This is BB cream is good for...
- Dry skin: whenever I have dry patches or my skin is feeling noticeably dry, I don't even have to think twice about what to use on my face. I reach for this immediately. It conceals mild to moderate dry patches quite well because of its thick and oily consistency, conceals live pimples and redness really well, and post-pimple scabs pretty decently too. This BB cream gives you a dewy finish which definitely detracts away from dry-looking skin.
- High coverage: one of the main differences between Asian and western BB creams is the former have at least medium to high coverage, whereas the latter seems like a more upgrade version of a tinted moisturiser - only good for people with a freckle or two. This BB cream is no exception. It is also somewhat builable... to an extent. Don't overdo it because it will get cakey. If I wanna build it up, I do 2 layers using a wet sponge. This minimises the cakey face.
- Cold weather: as mentioned earlier, this BB cream is pretty thick and oily. Hence more suitable for colder weather where the makeup won't melt or budge while still giving you the benefits stated above :)
- Has SPF: you needn't worry about using up time applying additional moisturiser with SPF or facial sunscreen.
Might wanna think twice though if these are issues for you...
- Oily skin: my skin gets dry from time to time.. but it also gets oily from time to time. This just slips and slides when I use it with an oily face. It gets cakey. It transfers. Onto phones, hands and clothes. Ugh. Use finishing powder sparingly if this sounds like you. Although, a bonus for me is this product has not really made me break out despite how oily the consistency is and how sensitive my skin can be randomly. In fact, it conceals blemishes quite well.
- Hot weather: there is a high chance, as stated above, this will melt and transfer with warmer weather because the BB cream will take forever to dry when it's hotter. In that case, apply using a wet sponge because I feel like the addition of water helps it dry quicker!
- Limited shades: Asian BB creams are known for their limited number of shades. I own the darkest shade (W24 - there's 4 shades btw if you're curious) and when I pump it out, it's definitely darker than my other foundation which matches me perfectly, but it gets lighter when applied on my face so it ends up being an alright match for me. I also have to apply this thing on my entire face because when I don't, my skin ends up being two slightly different shades because this sort of leaves a greyish cast. I just concentrate less on areas I don't need as much coverage. If you have a medium to dark skin tone, I wouldn't even consider this BB cream. Not worth it.
- Not recommended for long wear: the consistency of the BB cream before and after application (oily and quite thick), it will go cakey and probably slide after a few hours; 3-4 hours maximum for me.
TL;DR if you have normal to mild-moderate dry skin and/or living in a place with a cooler climate, this BB cream is good. If not, you'll have to work a little harder. Apply on your ENTIRE face using a wet sponge to prevent it from being cakey and to help it dry faster, and use finishing powder to prevent it from slipping and sliding later.
Overall I think this BB cream is a pretty decent first step if you're trying to get into Korean makeup though. I feel like there's definitely better out there in the Korean beauty market, but the price and popularity of the brand is enough of a promise to give this product a go! I just feel like I have to do so much magic for this BB cream to work just a liiiiitle bit better for my skin so I feel like it's not *that* worth my time. I might try the Cotton Fit version of this BB cream because I heard that has a drier consistency with a more semi-matte finish and hopefully that doesn't slip, slide and budge as much as this one and is more suitable to warmer weather and oilier skin.
Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black
I bought this product in a bulk while on sale. I'm too lazy to do makeup so this product really save me. I just applied it before going out and that's it. It makes my face looks brighter but still natural. But sometimes it could be a little bit oily depends on the weather in my case.
Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium Hair: Brown Eyes: Brown
I bought this after seeing a few really good reviews from friends and i would say i'm actually quite impress. It's quite hard for me to find a good bb cream decause my face is weird when some days i would get redness on my skin while others it would be fair but i think this bb cream suits me quite well.
The coverage is okay not the best but considering i use powder on top of it it covers up enough. The consistency spreads really easily and i usually use only half a pump of the cream because you really don't need a lot of it.
I'm lucky to be able to fit one of the 3 or 4 shades they produce it in (i'm the second lightest one) and the colour varies from me using it on my hand and on my face (but maybe it's just me) there's no weird smell to it or funky texture, it feels like a normal bb cream just that it spreads easily.
I would recommend it to everyne else if your looking for a medium coverage.
Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium Hair: Brunette Eyes: Brown
Like a lot of other people, I tried this through receiving some samples. First I would like to say that the range of shades (4) really sucks. I however am one of the lucky people who fit one shade really well, which is the second lightest colour. I love how they have a yellowish undertone which is a little harder to find and I usually end up with a pinkish undertone something which makes me look really odd. I find it works well with a damp sponge to blend although I haven't tried a stippling brush, I'll try it next. The bad things about it though is that it emphasises some things like dry skin. It does offer pretty good coverage though, its quite rich.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel
I actually got a few samples of this to make sure I liked this before purchasing a full size bottle. I don't know what to say about this except that every BB cream I have tried turns out to be a huge dissapointment. I try to jump into the BB bandwagon all the time (because I LOVE korean beauty products) but always go back to my preferred foundations.
My skin: Has huge pores on the cheek and nose area. It tends to be extremely oily in the T Zone and most of the time has dry patches on the forehead and cheeks due to past acne scars. I have red broken capillaries all over my cheeks and around my nose.
While applying this product I noticed it is very moisturizing and glides on the skin nicely. It never seems to set, it feels just like lotion. The color oxidized to my yellow under toned skin so that was nice. I massaged it nicely on my face until I found I had some decent redness coverage and waited some time for it to set.
I looked into the mirror with natural daylight lighting and OH, MY, GOD.
My face looked super reflecting and shiny (as if it weren't oily enough). The product looked completely ashy white in some areas and it also delved into my pores making them look huge like pools of white heads. The dry patches of my face were caked and 100000 times more noticeable than ever. My face felt sticky and it started to burn and itch. I took it off and found it provoked me some pimples.
The experience was disastrous for me. But I can picture this being perfect for girls with sleek non problematic skin with a bit of dryness. This could really make nice skin glow and get moisturized!
I hope this helps you!
Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown
I bought #W13 as natural colour as advised by the beauty advisor but unfortunelly the shade is darker for me. My face seems dull and a bit darker, I want flawless and brighter face and it didn;t run out. Maybe i should try lighter shade (N02) but I already bought and could not exchange. How regret am I.
So I bought cotton fit sample from online store and found that cotton fit match to my face better, maybe due to i choose right colour (N02).
Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair Hair: Brown Eyes: Brown
It was my 1st BB cream. To be fair, I was never that bothered about trying any BB cream, I got a sample of this with a snail cream. I only tried it because I needed a quick make up for work and I though this would do the trick. I was amazed - this was not what I expected - the effect was great, the coverage was just enough. I finished my sample off the next day and I ordered a full size product - one for me and one for my sister.
I have a major problem with this BB though - it breaks me out. I only realized that when I got my full size tube and I had used it for a few days straight.
I do clean my face properly (double cleanse) and I don't have this issue with other creams.
This is a reason for 3 lippies only.
I found the way to make it work for me :), I wanted to use it, because I like the effect and the coverage (imperfections covered, nice complexion and glowy but not shiny look)
If I want to use it I moisturise my face, apply primer, and then 1 pump of this cream. Primer must be forming a barrier or something. Also - if I apply it at 7 am I have to remove my make up by 6pm, otherwise I can literally feel my pores blocking...
A lot of hassle and therefore I will not repurchase.
My sister has no problem with this BB and she has been using it daily.
Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown
At the begining I was glad with it, just got super tan and wanted something with a good FPS and withening (?), choose the darkest one (W15) wich come quite pinkish.
When used for several days notice a white film on my face and also started to break out, minimal but unusual for me; don't do de same and be sure to cleanse it well.
Not so good for me on F/W -makes my skin dull-, but works well in hot weather.
Cheap for the 60gr, Etude put it on sale often
Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Hair: Black Eyes: Brown
This BB cream doesn't feel heavy and has medium coverage. It generally doesn't settle in fine lines, except that one crease across my right eyebag. I usually apply only one thin layer, which is enough for discolorations; still need concealer for under-eye and red pimples.
Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue
I got this as a sample with a larger cosmetic order and tried it out of desperation after my regular BB cream (Holika Holika Petit Shimmering BB Cream) had run out. The first thing I noticed was the consistency; it was way thicker than any other BB/foundation I'd used and it felt like putting a kaolin clay mask on my face while I was applying it.
The coverage was good, but I think that's mostly to do with the thickness of the cream itself. It also had a strong perfume smell which took a couple hours to fade, and I try not to use anything scented on my face, so that was another strike for me. The "light" shade wasn't a great match for my fair skin and I ended up looking cakey even after using a beauty blender. Definitely won't be buying this.