Nude Skincare • Advanced Eye Complex • Treatments (Eye)
|Would buy this product again.||80%|
Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black Eyes: Brown
This and Boscia's Enlivening Amino AG eye treatment are my two favorite eye creams at the moment. Both have a light, quickly absorbed texture. This eye cream has a light yeasty fragrance that smells amazing. It tingles a bit upon application but goes away quickly and it also absorbs quickly so I can wear this in the AM before applying my eyeshadow primer and eye makeup. I think it does a great job of moisturizing and priming the eye area, and it reduces puffiness, but can't really say that it decreases undereye darkness (but what really does?) I use about 1/3 to 1/2 pump and find that it's more than enough for both under and over my eye area, so I spread the remainder between my eyes and the area surrounding the outer corners of my eyes. I wish the packaging weren't so opaque and bulky, but I would repurchase this eye treatment.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Other Hair: Other Eyes: Other
I have been using this product morning and night for at least 6 weeks now. I use it all around my eye socket, which includes eyelid, undereyes and the top of my cheekbones (where crowsfeet develop).
Overall I really like it and will repurchase. You only need 1/3 of a pump for both eyes in the morning and 1/2 a pump for both eyes at night (I like to use more at night). So it lasts much longer than I thought it would. I think a tube will last about 3 to 4 months. I got this on sale but I still think it is very pricey. I would only repurchase on sale.
As for what it does; It is instantly firming. The more you use the more firming it is. It makes you feel quite 'wide eyed' if you use a full pump. My under eyes are much firmer and plumper, which I wasn't looking for since I am only 19. However, I really like this effect. My eye skin is in GREAT condition. Smooth as silk, firm, it even filled out some of the under-eye hollows I have due to my bone structure. I am young so I didn't have wrinkles but I had lots of dehydration lines under my eyes. They are completely gone. Concealer no longer looks cakey on me. Even my dry stick concealers look good. The fact my skin seems plumper and firmer, it seems to have diminished my under eye darkness a little bit.
I bought this in order to deal with my darkness so it was a bit of a disappointment in that respect. The other benefits it has makes me feel that I am really taking care of 'anti-aging' around my eyes. I don't think I could go back to the condition of what my eyes used to be like having 'seen the light'. I took off a lippe because of it not dealing with darkness very well and the price.
Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry Hair: Brunette Eyes: Brown
Update to my review on 02/24/12. I just came back from Sephora to return the eye cream and the beauty rep gave me some information that may be helpful to others re this purchase. She said that sometimes eye products with high concentrations of natural substances (which Nude Skincare does promote) can cause a slight allergic reaction which would cause puffiness under the eye. As I am sensitive to many products this may be why this item did not work for me.
Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark Hair: Brown Eyes: Brown
I so wanted to love this cream. I'd been admiring the packaging for month, discovered that Bono's wife was indeed a founder, and was ready to shell out the $88 at Whole Foods and call it a day. Well I did shell out the money, but I'm getting it back because this baby is going back on the shelf. I'm not sure what this cream does...actually, it seems that, at first, everything seems tighter and smoother. For a short while only though. A couple of hours later you are back at square one or worst. The skin under my eyes got so dry and wrinkly and paper thin, totally dehydrated, I couldn't even believe it. I thought it was me, the heat in my apartment, the cold temperature outside...anything. I couldn't bring myself to return it after only 3-4 days so I went to Sephora and asked for samples of a very rich and thick eye cream to use on top of this one. 4 days after this regimen, I'm at Whole Foods again checking yet another eye cream. I discovered a brand I didn't know, Australian Scent I think. Tried it, and went home to discover that my lines and tired under eye skin had vanished. So, sorry Nude Advanced Eye Complex, you were not meant for me or me for you. Indeed, you caused more damage than repair. Judging by the young reviewers who love it, I would say it's safe to assume that this cream is meant for skin not yet mature, skin that basically doesn't have any particular need. I love the packaging of this line though...maybe I'll try something else. That color fits so well in my bathroom cabinet ;)
Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair Hair: Brown Eyes: Hazel
*UPDATE* January 2012. So I decided to retry as you do, well as I do, on a regular basis actually, because with a picky skin, unless I get a full blown reaction to a product, I am all for revisiting a product.
I took my own advice and got a sample, so far so moisturising and tightening without drying out. I went for the full size and so far with a 14 day and night use I am not disappointed. The product moisturises, it does not dry out my eyelids, it gives an albeit temporary tightening effect and I can wear product on the eyelid post application. I have changed the overall rating to 4 - it is on the pricey side, and I do like the packaging, the pump is such that one can depress a half a pump and that is easily sufficient for both eyes. Yes I would re-purchase and yes I am eating my hat.
I was so disappointed in this product, and can really only rate it as 1 star, for this did not suit at all.
I don't have huge eye concerns, I am 44yrs old, I don't have massive dark circles but I do have an overall teabag staining that appeared almost overnight about 5 yrs ago. My upper eyelids are slack, but I can live with that and have visions of myself plucking my eyebrows higher and higher so that I end up like Caesar Romero in Batman (he played the joker in the '60s tv series). I don't have lines other than faint dehydration. So not a lot of concerns but years of trying to find an eye cream which does not cause puffiness in the morning, is light enough to sink in but emollient enough to offer moisture lead me to the Nude eye cream with it's fantastic reviews.
The texture is sublime....on my fingers, but on my eyes it is abysmal and this is my problem it feels like it is having a tautening effect on my eyelids, but it is so drying, my eyelids feel parched and uncomfortable. I forced myself to use this as it was a much hinted about present, but had to give up after 3 days.
I would suggest that one tries a sample first.
Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green
It takes a lot for an eye cream to impress me, because I'm not willing to pay for eye cream that doesn't have visible results beyond moisturizing. This is because a.) my eye area doesn't need *that* much moisture (besides, using a too-rich moisturizer in this area can lead to milia) and b.) it's easy enough to find a moisturizer that doesn't irritate your eye area (I've been using Fresh Soy Face Cream) - even if you use a separate moisturizer for this area as for the rest of your face, a standard moisturizer with good ingredients will always be cheaper than specialty eye creams, and in most cases, will work just as well.
For me to like an eye cream, I need to see visible results (not just resulting from moisturization). These are the results that I have seen from using the Nude Advanced Eye Complex for 2 weeks:
- firming - this eye cream has a firming effect which I can see and feel almost immediately, and which takes full effect within about 2 minutes. My skin doesn't feel tight, stretched or at all dried, the effect makes eyes look a bit more youthful. The firming effect seems to last most of the day, but is mostly gone by the time I re-apply this product (applying twice a day).
- de-puffing - this is a bit overlapped with the firming effect, but I have had zero puffiness in my eye area since starting to use this product twice a day, and usually I have at least a little bit of puffiness most days, especially when tired (and I've been plenty tired the past 2 weeks). It's not a miracle effect (don't expect it to fix your eye bags) but what I like the most about the de-puffing action is that if I keep using products that do this, it will help prevent me from getting full-blown eye bags in the first place. This cream has managed to keep my eyes from getting puffy at least until the next application (applying twice a day) so I never see puffiness.
- fine line smoothing - at first I wasn't sure of this effect or not, but now that I've been using it for 2 weeks, yes, I'm sure, I've seen a bit of improvement to the fine lines I'm developing under my eyes since I started using this (twice a day). Again, not a miracle effect, but a visible one! This is a slight improvement, and my under-eye lines are always back to the way they were by the time I apply this cream again (I've been applying twice a day).
- improvement to under-eye darkness - this is an effect I really didn't expect. Maybe it's because my eyes aren't going through the stress of getting puffy anymore, but whatever the reason, my under eye circles are not as dark as they were 2 weeks ago. I don't have very bad under-eye circles. However here is how I can describe the difference - 2 weeks ago, using a highlighter pen like Touche Eclat didn't manage to cover all of my under-eye darkness, though it did enough that I could get away without using another product, if I really wanted it to look good, I had to use an actual concealer. Now my highlighter pen (I actually use Dior Skinflash) covers all the darkness. I am so impressed by this effect. Especially because I kinda have a personal theory that always wearing concealer isn't actually good for the skin around your eyes, I'm thrilled by this effect. Anyway, this effect was cumulative, it didn't start happening until the 2nd week I was using this treatment. I think I may have seen all the improvement I'm going to, and I don't know how long this improvement will last if I stop using the product - obviously it won't be a permanent effect, but it would take a couple days at least for my circles to darken back to where they were before I started using this eye cream.
I do feel like it's important to stress - none of these effects were major. They were minor improvements, but visible ones. This sets this product ahead of just about everything I've tried for eyes, as 90% of what's out there doesn't do anything but moisturize, or does negative things like clogging pores.
Other good factors:
- moisturization level - lightly hydrating. If you need a lot of additional moisture in your eye area, either this won't be for you, or you'll want to follow application of this product with a moisturizer after letting it sink into your skin. This is the right level of hydration for me, as my eye area is neither oily nor dry.
- doesn't clog pores - aka doesn't give me breakouts. It's hard to apply eye cream without letting a bit get onto the area just under my under-eye area, to the sides of my nose. Some eye creams make me get breakouts here (which I *never* do otherwise) as they are just too rich. Other eye creams can cause milia (again because they are too rich) this one does not cause either of these problems. In fact, I even started using a little bit on my upper lip to fight some fine lines I have starting to form there, and this didn't cause lip-line or upper-lip breakouts, which I have experienced with other products (it's hard to find something that fights fine lines without being too rich for an acne-prone area).
- non-irritating - actually feels soothing to the eye area. Which is really good, because I have very sensitive eyes and causing irritation can undo all the good work an eye treatment does. This one doesn't sting or irritate at all, even when used all over the eye area, and actually feels soothing.
- absorbs quickly - a little bit goes a long way. I use the size of a couple grains of rice for each eye, and it sinks into the skin pretty much immediately, though you do get plenty of time to spread or pat it where you want it. It's good that you don't need much of this since it's so expensive. It's nice that it doesn't take a long time to sink into the skin, because we're all busy and we don't want to waste time standing around waiting for our eye cream to absorb.
Will I buy it again? If I can afford it, absolutely.
Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel
Like a reviewer below I had completely given up on eye creams years ago as I think over the years I've proved to myself that they are a simply a con but I've been a huge fan of Nude's products in 2010 and requested some samples of the more expensive products to try before I buy.
The Eye Complex sample was packaged in a sachet so I squeezed the contents into a small tub so as not to waste any, I'm afraid I don't know the exact volume I received but it was about size of a 5p coin once I squeezed it out. I've been using it twice a day every day and this sample has lasted just over 2 weeks. The results have been interesting; the gel/cream formula is nice and cool on application and as it absorbs I definitely feel a tightening/lifting, my dark circles have improved ever so slightly, any bags disappear quickly and my under eye just feels moisturized and conditioned. I have not experienced any milia with this eye cream as I have with others in the past.
This product is VERY expensive (as most eye creams are) at £62 for 15ml but it is the only one I have ever come across that does its job. I finished my sample 3 weeks ago and have not yet purchased this as i wanted to see if it really had made a difference and I can honestly say that I miss this, without my eye area doesn't look as healthy as it did whilst I was using it. I shall repurchase but likely in the gift set (3 Nude products for £18) which has a 5ml size of the eye complex. It only has a shelf life of a few months and I don't think I'll get through a whole 15ml in that time which would therefore prove a false economy.
A full 100% recommendation.
Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond Eyes: Hazel
It pains me to write a so-so review for a line with such a great ethos, but I have to say this product didn't work for my not-too-bad 43 year old skin. Unfortunately, it just didn't give me the moisture or lift I was after. That said, I think it would be fantastic for younger skins (early 30s or younger), which is why I'm still giving it a 3. I also don't think you get a lot for your money with the packaging. Beautiful feel, smell and idea -- just not much in the way of results for me.
Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green
I'd actually stopped using eye creams as I felt they were an industry con. I hadn't found a single one that did any more than moisturise and I have a moisturiser for that, so really why am I buying it??
I bought an introductory kit for Nude skincare and there was a 5ml sample of the Advanced Eye Complex included. Just as well, I thought, because you must be smoking something good if you think I'm paying £62 freakin pounds for 15ml of product. So as I had it, I used it.
I bought the kit, and started using it, on 7th July. It's now 21st August and I'm still using that 5ml sample, and it's been used twice a day, every day, so that should give you an idea of how little you need to use. The texture is very light, and somewhere between a gel and a cream, which makes it light and cooling but moisturising too.
So what you really want to know is - does it work? I hate to say it, my purse is already creaking at the thought, but yes, it does. I had really started to look my age for the first time ever, but the fine lines and dark circles under my eyes have started to lessen quite noticeably. I'm 36, and baggy eyes are hereditary in my family so I'm not expecting miracles, but the results are definitely there. I feel I look much fresher and my eye area looks like it did a couple of years ago. Better actually.
Will I buy the full bottle? Definitely. Given that 5ml has lasted me 6 weeks and counting, you're looking at around 4-5 months use out of that 15ml bottle, which suddenly isn't such bad value. More importantly it actually works, and I would much rather pay a small fortune for a high quality product that does what it claims, than to pay the same amount in small increments for various products that do nothing. This is a genuine Holy Grail product. I can't see that I would ever stray from this.
The entire Nude line is outstanding, so I would recommend buying one of the starter kits. I purchased the Nude Encounter Kit at John Lewis (£35) which includes:
Cleansing Facial Oil, 30ml
Hydrating Water, 30ml
Age Defence Moisturiser, 5ml
Replenishing Night Oil, 5ml
Miracle Mask, 5ml
Advanced Eye Complex, 5ml
Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan Hair: Black Eyes: Hazel
THE BEST EYE CREAM ON THE FACE OF THIS EARTH BECAUSE this took away my "HEREDITARY" dark circles, bags and it took some lines away from under my eyes. BTW, I had SEVERE bags and dark circles. This does something amazing, this is the closest you will get to surgery in a natural way (if that makes sense). It is really expensive but WOW it's worth it.
IF YOU WANT TO SAVE MONEY: Buy the limited edition packages packages on the sephora website instead of spending $88, because its cheaper if you buy three of the packages ($18 each package) and it equals the same amount of product as the $88 one plus it comes with other stuff from the line too.
Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel
I got a free sample of this eye cream with an online order from Sephora (it actually lasted a good week or more of daytime and nighttime application). Now that I've run out, I am almost scared to look at the full-size price because I fell in LOVE with this cream. It has an interesting, hybrid texture-- somewhere between a cream and a gel-- but whatever it is, it WORKS. I'm not necessarily looking for an anti-wrinkle treatment despite some minor creases on my under-eye area. So I'm not sure about any anti-aging effects. But in terms of a) hydration that actually sinks in and lasts, and b) allowing my Bobbi Brown under-eye concealer to smooth on like a dream, this stuff is Amazing. Shoot, I think I have just convinced myself to take the plunge and buy the full size...
Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair Hair: Brunette Eyes: Brown
I love love love this eye cream. I think that this is the one and only eye treatment that has actually done something for me. It is really expensive, but if you buy three of the small $18 kit from Sephora it equals the same amount as the full size and it is greatly less. You also get several other goodies. I have fallen in love with the whole nude line. I originally loved the oil cleanser and when I emailed the company and asked for some samples of the other products they were happy to oblige me. I used to have big dry patches and acne on my face and I did not know what to do about them. They are now totally gone and my skin is very even. I use the whole line, but I think that this is one of my favorites. I can totally tell when I have not been using it for a while. Try it.. you will love it.
Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry Hair: Black Eyes: Black
Really good eye cream if you can stand the price. They actually lower the price now because the US currency was worse so it's a tad bit more affordable at the moment. It is great if you are prone to small bumps around the eye area, it took care of a few bumps for me from using other eye creams (Skyn Iceland etc.) I use it for prevention purpose and yet I can still feel the difference if I switch to another eye cream (now using Ren 7 Radiance). This one lifts, firms, brightens and de-puff. Highly Recommend!
Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair Hair: Brunette Eyes: Hazel
The Eye Complex from Nude is really a miracle worker. It really combats every issue one complains about in the eye are: puffiness, dark circles... This has organic mountain ash in it which immediately works with the skin. Also, as anything you put on your delicate eye area is absorbed directly into the bloodstream, you can feel safe putting this product under your eyes because it is natural and 100% safe (and effective). This eye cream is light in texture and you can put it above and below the eyes (as shown to me at the counter in Barneys). I try to use this everyday but sometimes forget if I'm in a rush and I can notice when I look in the mirror that I forget my eye cream. Also, it doesn't get cakey under makeup/concealer which is a huge plus for me.
Age: Unknown Skin: Other Hair: Other Eyes: Other
The three requirements which I look for in a eye cream are the following: hydrating/moisturizing, firming and plumps the skin ..... good luck finding an eyecream that does all three HOWEVER, I finally found one and that is Nude Skincare's Advanced Eye Complex ..... it meets all three requirements and does make a difference ...... I have been using this eye cream in the a.m. for about two months and two weeks after incorporating this into my skincare routine, I started noticing my eye area looked smoother, firmer (you can feel this cream firming the skin almost immediately) and the faint line I have under my eye is barely noticeable when I have the eyecream on (on my bare face prior to putting on anything, I still note the line but it looks less apparent ...... certainly the Advanced Eye Complex temporarily plumps the line to make it look almost non-existant, but I am still happy with the results.) I am also a fan of the Advanced Smoothing Complex ..... both the serum and eye cream are pricey, however, they work with my skin and make a noted difference. I also use Shiseido's SPF eyecream for added sun protection, which I use after patting in the Advanced Eye Complex, and they work well together (no irritation.)