Nude Skincare • Cleansing Facial Oil • Cleansers
|Would buy this product again.||53%|
Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue
I really like the concept of products free from Parabens, Sulphates, Mineral Oil etc, so I thought that this product would be a good alternative to Shu Uemura's Classic Cleansing Oil, which I have been using for the past couple of years as a fantastic eye-make remover (getting off every last trace of heavy eye make-up and mascara) I was sceptical that this Nude cleansing oil maybe an underperforming version. But actually, this oil was amazing too! The only thing I would say is that I find this oil far more drying than Shu Uemura's, as my face feels much tighter after use, but this has not appeared to irritate my acne. So I would say that this product is a good alternative to Shu Uemura's and other mineral oil based cleansers if you are looking for a more natural ingredient product that is potentially less comedogenic.
Ingredients: Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Glycine, Soja (Soyabean) Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Polyglyceryl-4 Oleate, Simmonosia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Parfum (Fragrance), Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol.
Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown
i received a sample from sephora and i really liked it! it was more of a "dry" oil so you definitely need more than the "2-3 drops" as recommended on the package. I basically used half the sample for my entire face. i have oily combo skin (oily t zone and drier cheeks) and this really took off all my eye makeup (gel liner and mascara) and my foundation. i used it on DRY skin (as i was rubbing the oil onto my eyes, i kept checking and the eye makeup was disappearing! no "fuzzy" eyes either), then hopped in the shower and added a little bit of water. it really didn't turn into a "light milk", but it DID rinse off very clean! i followed up with my philosophy purity gel cleanser (im paranoid like that because im very acne prone), checked my face after and it was very soft to the touch. i wiped it with a clean white towel and nothing came off-good stuff! not sure if i would purchase just yet because i am still sampling other brands.
Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair Hair: Black Eyes: Brown
I had a sneaking suspicion that this wouldn't work when it didn't emulsify. After getting out of the shower, I used some toner just to check how clean my face was, and sure enough my foundation was still on. Not worth it--I rather just use Cetaphil!
Age: 25-29 Skin: Other Hair: Other Eyes: Other
I tried a sample from Sephora. All I can say is I threw it out after one try. This cleanser does not emulsify into a milky texture with the addition of water, unlike the Mac cleanse off oil or Shiseido Ultimate Cleansing oil. Do not recommend.
Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel
I like the concept, but the final product lacked. I couldn't even finish the small bottle. I cannot get past the how hard it is to spread. Lots of tuggimg and pulling. Does not emulsify well when water is added. I did not feel clean. I gave it a 3 due to the ingredients.
Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination Hair: Black Eyes: Brown
Smells almost like vomit, added lavender oil to no avail. Smell still lingered. Not very emollient, tugging when applying, did not take off make up well nor did it rinse off clean. At least, it was moisturizing.
Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown
I have been dealing with a skin rash on my face that I received from another cleanser (MyChelle's Fruit Enzyme Cleanser) for a couple of years. Nude Skincare's Cleansing Oil has REALLY helped in clearing my combination skin AND the rash. It has this lovely gardenia smell that reminds me of a European Spa. It is a bit expensive ($34), but the 100mL lasts for 3-6 months depending on how much you use. Really lovely stuff.
P.S. The best way to use this is to massage it on a dry face and then after a minute or two wet your hands and massage a bit more (it turns into a light milk). Then rinse it off. Makes your skin really soft.
Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair Hair: Blond Eyes: Green
I've recently been transitioning all my products to organic/non-toxic and was happy to discover the Nude Skincare range. I ordered this cleaning oil from Sephora online and couldn't wait for it to arrive. I had just finished my Dermalogica Cleansing Oil and was looking forward to trying this out. It's very similar in consistency to other cleansing oils like Boscia and Dermalogica but I like this one more. It smells amazing - like expensive, exotic flowers - and the basically indestructible pump bottle makes dispensing just the right amount of product out easy. One or two pumps (dime size) is enough to cover my entire face and unlike other oils, this actually does remove all of my pitch black Bobbi Brown mascara and eyeliner. I do follow up with an eye make-up remover but it's usually just a smidge left on the cotton pad. The oil turns into a milky cleanser with water and I work it in, add water and add water and then swirl it with my Clarisonic before rinsing it either in the basin or in the shower. It does not sting my eyes and leaves me clean, soft and fresh. No oily residue and no left-over make-up. Even without the Clarisonic (when I am super tired) it rinses all my make-off off without tugging or pulling. I love this cleanser and will keep repurchasing. The bottle is small (bummer) but without preservatives and using only a few pumps each night it should last a while. I don't mind the price for such a luxurious product. Give it a try if you like cleansing oils. You will love it! I have super sensitive skin and have had no reactions or issues, even with the fragrance included.
Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel
This is a product I would have never tried if I had not received a sample with a Sephora purchase. When I wear makeup this cleanses everything away without stripping my face or leaving a residue. Had tried Shu, mineral oil followed by CeraVe cleanser, coconut oil and made my own cleansing oil but this is better by far. While it is not cheap you only need a tiny amount to clean off a full face of makeup (primer, foundation, mascara, eyeliner...). Leaves my face clean and soft. Does have a fragrance, think it smells like neroli, but the fragrance washes away with the product. Packaging is super easy to travel with unlike many of the other things I have tried.
Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green
I have used other cleansing oils, and this is one of the worst, and most expensive. The worst, because I could not rinse it off. So, instead of cleansing, it just made my face dirtier and felt gross. I prefer the cleansing oils by Boscia, Fancl, or DHC.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium Hair: Brunette Eyes: Other
The price they're charging for nothing much more than soybean oil is insane. I ordered this from Sephora before I researched it. After 1 use I quickly realized I had wasted my money so returned it. Now I use my own cleansing oil. Jojoba oil (you can use olive oil, sesame oil, etc) with a few added drops of vitamin E oil. If you want the omega-3s this product claims, simply cut open some omega 3 capsules and ad them. This leaves out all the chemicals (artificial fragrance).
Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily Hair: Brunette Eyes: Brown
I have sensitive oily, combination skin and I use this product for taking off my makeup, not for regular cleansing. I normally use a separate eye makeup remover, however this works well on tough, waterproof eye makeup as well. This product did not cause my sensitive skin to experience and breakouts and left it feeling comfortable. Keep in mind, I do follow up with a different cleanser when I use this in the evenings. The ingredients are natural, but gentle enough for my skin. Some organic products that claim to be more gentle than synthetic products actually prove the opposite. The only thing that makes me hesitate about repurchasing this product is the price-$36 for 3.4 ounces.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium Hair: Blond Eyes: Blue
I bought this from Mecca after hearing great reviews for the oil cleansing method. Sadly, I was disappointed with this product on a few levels. 1. At $70aud I expected AMZING results. It broke me out in sore cystic pimples! The ocm is supposed to be great for acne prone skin but this was not. I loves the packaging and the smell was Devine but I returned this and am still in search of my HG. This dried outlay forehead and greased up chin.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair Hair: Brunette Eyes: Brown
I love this product. I have very dry eczema prone skin with a slightly oily t-zone in summer. This oil cleanser removes all makup, and i wear alot as im in the beauty industry. I love the fact you apply it to dry skin and massage it in, my makeup melts of my face including heavy eyeshadow eyeliner and mascara, it is very gentle and leaves my skin feel clean and soft withough stripping it of natural oils, I love that it is fairly natural as i have sensetive skin and have tried a few cleansing oils before which contained lanolin which i am alergic too. I paid AU $70 for 100ml, it is a little pricey but i will continue to re purchase this product unless i come along something better.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium Hair: Brown Eyes: Brown
I have rebought this cleanser/make up remover several times and I love it! I used to use shu uemura's cleansing oils but it annoyed me that they'd charge me loads for mineral oil.
Nude skincare range boasts lots of eco friendly and natural ingredients, its free from parabens, PEGs all the usual suspects etc. its not cheap at £24 but I feel like I'm paying for decent ingredients. I've never had breakouts with this, the smell is lovely and it strips even the thickest foundation when used with a warm muslin cloth. I don't know why others struggled to remove makeup with this cos I use this on waterproof make up.
The packaging is a neat pump that dispenses well and allows you to not use too much. Only 1 or 2 pumps is all I need for a full face. You put it on and then make it milky with bit of water rubbed on your face. Then you can either rinse off or as I mentioned use a muslin cloth. I prefer the cloth as it's oil based so you want to make sure it's all gone.
I have dry/normal skin and I find this helps keep my skin moisturised and actually reduces my dry patches and flakes when used everyday for a few days, it definitely does not dry out and it doesn't leave me greasey. I will keep rebuying as long as they make this!
Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair Hair: Blond Eyes: Green
This cleansing oil is amazing! I have skin that is oily, but when seasons change has the tendency to develop ugly dry rough patches, generally I would moisturize these patches (too much) and break out, but ever since I started using this product I don't have any problems with my skin change of season. This product is light but somehow removes all makeup (including eye) and seems to give my skin a nice glow. I like to use this at night, before I use my Clarisonic, and then follow up with some antiaging products. I don't need to use a moisturizer anymore and don't have to worry about drying my skin out with a harsh cleanser. Bonuses, this is natural and smells awesome!
Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green
This review is based on a generous sample, and I used this cleansing oil for 4 days to evaluate whether I wanted to consider purchasing the bottle. At the end of the 4 days, I have my answer - no. This cleansing oil is pretty good, but I don't like it as much as either of my Shu cleansing oils (I have the green one and the orange one).
- The smell - this smells amazing, a bit floral, and a little bit like banana, but less like real banana than like banana flavor … so it smells a little like banoffee pie, or like those little yellow banana shaped candies you used to be able to get out of vending machines along with the little red apples and little orange oranges. There might have been green grapes too, but that's not important. This oil also smells a little bit of jasmine, and within that you can detect the bubble-gum hints that jasmine can sometimes carry. It's a lovely smell and makes using this oil really pleasant.
- Feels lovely on the skin while you're using it.
- No mineral oil, some nice ingredients.
- No irritation when used to remove eye makeup, even if you get it in your eye. Slightly less cloudy-blurry vision than with the Shu if you get a bit of it in your eyes while removing eye makeup.
- Doesn't rinse clean enough for me. I prefer a cleansing oil that really rinses clean, and doesn't leave me with a film. This is because my skin is very break-out prone and I tend to prefer that a cleanser is not something that leaves ingredients behind on my skin; though I also hate the 'squeaky clean' feeling that a too-harsh cleanser can leave. I think this Nude Cleansing Oil might work well for someone with very dry skin, who is not breakout prone. (I also worry that other skincare products won't sink in as well if put on skin that already has a layer of oil on it.) Additionally, though I am fine with all of the ingredients of this product being on my skin temporarily, there are some that I would prefer not to have on my skin overnight (Vegetable oil - more on this later). Even using a soft wet sponge or muslin cloth to try to gently wipe the remaining cleansing oil from my skin did not work. For me, this would mean always having to double-cleanse, which I feel can be unnecessarily irritating. My Shu cleansing oils may contain mineral oil, but when they emulsify, they're gone. It's not *staying on my skin*. I know I'm spending a while on this point, but it's the main reason I like this product less than the Shu cleansing oils (which also happen to be less expensive).
- Didn't remove eye makeup as well as my Shu cleansing oils. I needed more rubbing to loosen my eye makeup, and even after finishing with this Cleansing Facial Oil, I needed to use a normal eye makeup remover. I only ever have to do this with my Shu cleansing oils if I was wearing a truly epic amount of eye makeup. My Shu may make my eyes cloudy and blurry, but just like this one, there is no pain or stinging, and the difference is actually getting everything off easily. This factor is important to me because a.) it's one of the ways you can evaluate the performance of the oil (if it's not getting all my eye makeup off, what else is it missing?) and b.) when eye makeup comes off easily and quickly there is less rubbing and pulling and otherwise disturbing the eye area which is delicate, and needs to be treated gently. (The reason I like to use my cleansing oil to remove my eye makeup is that I find that a very gentle massage with my fingers involves less tugging and pulling than traditional eye makeup removers and cotton pads.)
- Contains vegetable oil. I have always been less than delighted with the fact that my Shu cleansing oils have mineral oil, so it's nice that the Nude Cleansing Facial Oil doesn't contain it. But instead we have, as one of the first ingredients, vegetable oil. Once again, a high-end product with at least one main ingredient that's pretty much as cheap as dirt, and which I'm quite unsure about slathering on my face. I'm more concerned about vegetable oil than about mineral oil (I'm not *massively* concerned, you understand,) because I know vegetable oil can make me break out. Besides, at least with the Shu cleansing oils, all of the oil is off my face when I'm finished cleansing. Since this facial oil leaves a residue behind, it's even more important to me that all of the ingredients are ones that I want on my skin ... and I don't know about every ingredient in this, but I can say vegetable oil isn't something I want to leave on my skin overnight.
Because this review was based on a sample, and I was only able to use it for 4 days, I can't absolutely declare whether or not this oil makes me break out, because I would want to try it for at least 2 weeks of daily use before saying that. This rating is based on the assumption that it would not break me out (especially because I would have to always follow with a second cleanser), but if I did find that it made me break out despite this, I would drop the rating to a 3 (realizing that breaking out is personal, but it is my review).
Anyhow, this gets a 4 because I think it could be a nice product for some people ... just not for me. I would suggest it only for people with quite dry skin who aren't after a super-effective makeup removing cleansing oil.
Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry Hair: Blond Eyes: Blue
I have normal skin with slightly oily tzone and dry patches. Never used a cleansing oil before and had my doubts about how much dirt it could take off, but this removes everything! All my mascara comes off, and when I use a cotton pad soaked in eyemakeup remover afterwards, there is nothing to take off! You have to put 2-3 pumps of it on a dry face first, massage it in, then use water to make a milky film, then splash off with water (preferably in the shower). leaves my skin very soft and not oily at all.
Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair Hair: Blond Eyes: Green
One of my all-time favorite skincare products! Removes all dirt, oil and makeup, won't make skin breakout, has a great, soft smell, and is free of nasty ingredients and chemicals. Love it.
Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair Hair: Brown Eyes: Blue
love the smell and love how soft and moisturised and clean my skin feels after using this.