Chanel • Lift Lumiere Fluid • Foundations
|Would buy this product again.||69%|
Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair Hair: Blond Eyes: Blue
After using Teint Innocence and loving the finish, coverage and luminosity, my skin changed and became more oily. I went to check out Mat Lumiere, but the SA suggested Lift Lumiere. After tolerating one of the worst Chanel makeovers ever, I went home, washed my face and reapplied Lift Lumiere. I used my LM primer then dotted a pump of foundation all over, then blended w/ my dampened w/ Fix+ MAC 187. It has medium coverage and covers my redness nicely. Faience 0.5 is a nice match for my NC15 skin. I really like the feel, it wears well and is oil free. A bit steep at $65, but well worth it.
I wore this for about a month and decided it was making me oily. I had to blot way too often. It would be great for dry skin types, but my oily/combo skin couldn't take it. I returned it.
Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown
This is a very flattering foundation particularly for women of a certain age. For me the trick is to apply it over either moisturiser if I'm flaky or a primer if I'm not. I think it works best if you apply it sparingly. It doesn't look like anything special for the first 10 minutes or so but once it melds into your skin it is amazing. Pores and lines seem to vanish and your face really has that youthful glow that you want from a foundation. I put it on too heavily the first time I tried it and it was awful. It took me awhile to find the right amount but now that I have I'm really pleased with it. I use a slightly damp brush and a light touch and the result is more like the perfect tinted moisturiser than a full on foundation yet it covers any dark circles I might have and any other blemishes without looking mask-like or unnatural. I'm not sure if I'll be able to use this in the summer when my skin gets much oilier but as a cold weather foundation I doubt if this can be bettered.
Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium Hair: Blond Eyes: Brown
I've been wanting to try this out ever since it first came out and when I read the review below the other day, I decided it was time to go and check it out. I completely agree with the reviewer below, however, I have to say my positive impressions about this fluid were not obvious immediately, even to me. I had the SA apply it on me (all over the face) and immediately I was sort of "hm, hm, nice but nothing special". So I decided to walk around the store for about 5-10 minutes and THEN looked myself in the mirror and absolutely LOVED what I saw. It is hard to describe exactly what it is that I saw (just like the reviewer below said, it's debatable whether there is any lifting), but I would probably describe it best as "softness" in my facial features and youthful glow. The results truly impressed me, especially since I am not into foundations at all (I honestly think of this more as a tinted moisturizer). If you are considering this fluid, keep in mind a few things:
1) I can see this working exceptionally well on dry skin. For normal to combo it may or may not work, depending on whether and how oily you normally get during the day (experiment with or without moisturizer underneath, this product has SPF 15 and is fairly moisturizing itself). I cannot see this working for oilier skins as it is not oil-absorbing and may make you more shiny. For some skin types this may be more of a "winter" vs. "summer" foundation.
2) This will not give you heavy coverage, but more dewy (non-shiny, though), luminous look. Although there is a light-to-medium coverage with this product, and will nicely cover minor imperfections (even out skin tone) if you are trying to hide major imperfections (e.g. acne scars, deep lines) this may not be for you. But, it did nicely tone down my dark circles under my eyes (I still need to use concealer, but that's because I have dark circles. For someone with not-so-dark circles, this may prove enough coverage) and it definitely brightens the eye area, too.
3) I do not use dusting powder to set this fluid and I strongly recommend that you don't in order to see the full beauty and effect of this product. I can see powder somewhat dulling the results of this gorgeous fluid. So, my advice, if you cannot pull off the "just fluid" look - there might be other better products for you out there so don't waste your money (this isn't cheap, it's $60 CAD).
4) Don't buy this without trying it out - both from the texture perspective, but also colour perspective. When I was choosing the colour I automatically reached for the lighter shade (20), but the SA recommended I also try one shade darker (30). Boy was she right! I would've never picked 30 as it looked too dark in the bottle for my light-olive complexion, but once she put both colors on (one on my one cheek and the other on the other cheek) I decided to go with 30, even though I technically could've pulled of both. It's just that 30 looked MUCH better. As I said, I would've never picked this colour for myself.
5) After you've tested this, put some blush/bronzer and give it 10 minutes or so before you look your full face in the mirror. This fluid needs a bit of time to properly "settle in" and show you your most beautiful face. Department store lights are not the best to show you how good this product is, however, you WILL notice the difference (especially in photos).
6) Price tag - this is expensive, as mentioned, $60 CAD for 30 ml.
Again, awesome product, highly recommended if you are in the right skin/age group and are willing to splurge.
UPDATE: I still think this is an awesome product, but I personally had to return it as it seems I am not in the right skin category to pull this off the way it should be worn (as I described). I just get waaaaay to shiny during the day. I guess I could wear it with primers and dusting powders, but it just dulls the effect down and this product does not deserve that. Again, make sure you try this out in the store before you buy (I obviously didn't do a good job of that), or even ask SA to give you a sample that you can take home and try one morning as your regular routine. I am really sad it didn't work for me, but I know there is a large group of ladies out there who will be extremely pleased with this product!