Clinique • Advanced Concealer • Concealers
|Would buy this product again.||66%|
Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown
I've been using this for a couple of years and I consider it my HG (for now anyway). I'm NW20 and I use "matte light". Amazingly, it does NOT break me out, unlike most products I put on my face. I have a lot of hyperpigmentation and redness and this covers better than anything I've tried. I'm happy with it for those two main reasons. I agree, though, that it accentuates dryness and can make some healing blemishes look weird. But my skin rarely has dry spots so I just accept that.
Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Hair: Brown Eyes: Brown
I have been using this product for a few years now and am pretty happy with it. I am 32, but I still break out, and I have old acne scars, and this is what I use this for. I have never used this under my eyes as it just seems like it would make my under-eye area dry and sink into the wrinkes. My only complaint would be that it doesn't match my skin perfectly. (I think there are only two colors availabe, although this does make it easier to choose!) I wear it over my foundation, but before I put on powder. If you want a concealer that is full-coverage, I can honestly say this is a really good one. I'm on the hunt for a new company, though, because I want a full-coverage foundation, and my current one (Citybase foundation by Clinique) is a bit off my color, so it does appear a bit "mask like." However, I may stick with this concealer, anyway. It's pretty good.
Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue
I love this concealer!! I have dark under-eye circles and this covers them up completely. I love how it dries to a powder like finish. Some users may find it a bit too thick, so I probably would not recommend it if you just wanted to cover up a pimple or something like that. The Matte Light shade worked just fine for me, and I am super-pale.
I am so happy I discovered this concealer because I have been searching for years for one I liked as well as Stila's now discontinued Eye Concealer.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green
FYI: I rated this concealer based on use for covering dark undereye circles.
1) Amazing coverage! VERY pigmented.
2) A little bit goes a LONG way. It's super thick and concentrated so you only need a tiny dab. Even for as much as I used, a tube of this lasts several months. The tube is also needlenose, so you only squeeze out what you need. Very sanitary and convenient.
3) It stays where you put it! Pat it in and let it set for about 15 seconds and you're done.
1) This concealer is visible and noticeable when used BY ITSELF. It's very apparent you have makeup on, especially under eyes. This is probably because for very dark circles like I have, you even need a concealing "base coat" so to speak. So, before putting this on, I had put on a layer of Maybelline's True Illusion Concealer (which again, by itself wasn't enough coverage for what I need). The combination of these two worked well to get rid of that "made-up" look, but also helped emphasize fine lines, especially by the end of the day. Yikes.
2) This concealer is very drying. So I mixed it with an equivalent dab of Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion on my finger and then applied it. Together the consistency and hydration is pretty darn close to what the ideal concealer should be. This may be a positive thing for some people who find most concealers to be too cakey- this one definitely is not. At least give this a try if you're fed up with cakey makeup.
3) However, as you may have guessed, wearing 3 products on under my eyes to make this product work is a clear sign that it's not doing the job solo. The biggest reason why I moved on to another product: this regime emphasized the fine lines under my eyes. It amplified things I didn't even know I had and by the end of the day, I looked older. This is the main reason why I hate both the dark circles under my eyes and wearing makeup to cover them up. My delicate eye area is suffering.
I've played around with several highly reviewed concealers since using this one and have finally settled on the perfect one: Everyday Minerals Intensive Fair. What a godsend. I never thought a POWDER would be my HG undereye concealer- but believe it. I've completely stopped using any other concealer or sampling other ones!
Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown
A really good concealer and the closest I've found to my HG concealer. I use Matte Light on my NC 15 skin and it works very well. It covers just about anything and last a pretty long time. Plus the product lasts a long time...about 7 or 8 months for me. My only problem is that you have to work to blend this. I find it can be streaky and it takes some time to blend.
Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair Hair: Blond Eyes: Brown
This used to be my everyday concealer for years. I loved it for breakouts as well as covering redness and even under eye circles (but only with a touch of Clinique All About Eyes mixed in as it is too thick without it). A few months ago, I realized that I was suddenly breaking out everywhere I applied the concealer. Not really convinced that it was my favorite concealer, I grudgingly stopped using it for a week...and my face cleared up immediately. I still like the coverage this concealer gives, but I would not suggest it for acne prone skin (like mine). Also, it does not last very long in the humid summer months, and while it does a good job on under eyes, it is very thick and will settle into fine lines unless it's mixed with an eye cream. All in all, this may be good for some but just not me.
Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Neutral Hair: Brunette Eyes: Brown
I agree with reviewers that say the color selections sucks. I wish there were more choices! Having said that, I love this product for dark post acne marks I get after every blemish. I also love this for covering up a blemish. The creamy texture dries to a matte powdery finish, so I make sure that my skin is well exfoliated and moisturized beforehand. I use a fine tipped concealer brush and then place the concearler just on those areas, lightly pat with my finger to blend, then set with sheer powder. This way, it stays on all day and it covers great. I have both colors (light and medium) and mix and match according to my skin tone at the time (and also how dark the spot is etc).
I do not like this concealer for undereyes, way to dry looking, even with eye cream.
Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium Hair: Black Eyes: Brown
Been using this product for almost 10 years now and still love it...Genetically I have very dark circles under my eyes which always used to make me look horrible, tired, etc. and then I found this product...It conceals them very well and you would never know I have my dark circles problem unless you catch me without this on which is practically never. It also blends and sets into my skin very well, but again most importantly works wonders and is amazing in hiding my dark circles.
Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette Eyes: Brown
I've been using this for a while. I like it overall, but I have a couple of issues. One is that it doesn't seem to last more than a few hours for me, I'm not sure why. Two is that it seems to look cakey/flakey on blemishes, which is not so attractive. But otherwise I really like it, it seems to cover really well and blend into my foundation. I just wish it lasted longer and didn't cake so much sometimes. Even when I use a teeny tiny bit, it still can cake up. But the other plus is I feel like this one tube will last me an eternity! You have to use so very little of it to cover. So that's always nice!
Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium Hair: Brunette Eyes: Brown
Still hunting for a great concealer, I decided to try this as I generally have good luck with Clinique products. This is a nice concealer: it covers well, dries to a powdery matte finish and comes in a simple, hygenic squeeze tube. But, like a lot of Clinique foundations, the colour selection for this product is weak. There are only two colours: Matte Light, which is really light and Matte Medium, which is really dark. I bought Matte Light and it looks almost white when it comes out of the tube. I have a lot of redness on my face that I'm trying to conceal and this is too light to do the job (and I'm not that dark; I wear Light in Almost Powder M/U). I tried a sample of Matte Medium in the store and it was way too dark. Will not repurchase.