Jane • No Show oil-free concealer [DISCONTINUED] • Concealers
|Would buy this product again.||72%|
Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair Hair: Brunette Eyes: Blue
I bought this because I wanted to try Jane's Earth Sheer blush and there was a buy one get one free deal. Let me tell you why I like it better than the nearly identical packaged Mac Sheer Cover -up. This product states on the package that it is oil-free while sheer cover up is not. This seemed like a trifle detail until I noticed that No Show did not seperate and look dripy by the end of the day like it does with MAC. Second, the lightest color actually matched my skin (fair, freckled, with dark circles, warm undertones.) Shocking considering that it looks slightly scary ash gray in the tube. and third, it blended and dried significantly better than Mac Sheer Cover -up. Liking this product has made me rethink my concept of good vs. evil/high-end vs. low-end.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair Hair: Blond Eyes: Blue
I love this concealer and have been buying it for years. Perfect consistency, and goes on easily. It stays put really well on my under eye area. This is really cheap, a few dollars I think. An added bonus for me, Jane doesn't animal test. Good packaging too, just a little tube and a screw on cap. Oh, this seems to last a really long time too.
Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium Hair: Black Eyes: Brown
Overall Rating: 4
Packaging Quality: 5
Would I buy this again? Yes
NOTE*** I am reviewing for the concealer that comes in a squeeze tube, NOT the one in the tube that has the wand applicator.
I use this concealer to cover up dark circles under my eyes and to cover up acne scars
I used the color: FAIR #01
For Reference: I have light Asian skin with moderate yellow undertones that is VERY acne prone and really OILY
1) VERY pigmented, therefore you need the TINY-est amount to cover. I squeeze the tube til it gets near the opening, and then I put my finger at the end and squeeze it til the concealer just only TOUCHES my finger. I never squeeze any concealer out. I only let it touch my finger and that's enough to start off with. I can build later. I only needed that "touch-amount" of concealer to cover up my horrible acne scar. How nice is that?
2) VERY HYGIENIC packaging. I like that so much better than the applicator because the applicator would have touched your face a million times that you use it, so the squeeze out tube is so much cleaner. Not only that, but it's small so it's so convenient! Yes, the tube is small, but like I mentioned before, I only needed such a miniscule amount to cover what I needed. This one tube will last me FOREVER
3) SO CHEAP. At $3.79 (I had a $2 coupon so I only had to pay $1.79 for it!!) it's such a bargain. You pay that cheap to have a tube that will last you forever.
4) Yellow based for my Asian skintone. Now, it isn't completely yellow I have to say. It's more of yellow neutral so it doesn't match me completely, but darn close! But it's enough yellow to satisfy my Asian skin.
5) OIL-FREE!!! How awesome is that for a person who's acne prone and has super oily skin like mine?? I love the oil-free-ness of it!! awesome!
6) No sulfates! I am so allergic to sulfates and I'm so glad Jane didn't include any sulfates in the ingredients.
7) I don't smell any fragrance. I took a sniff right at the opening to make sure there isn't any fragrance, and actually , there is such a slight fragrance that you had to get that close to the tube to smell it. If you put it on your finger and face, you can't even smell a thing. Great for Jane NOT to include such horrible odors and fragrance like other companies do!
1) Dries pretty quickly once you put it on the skin so you have to work quickly to blend it in, but remember to be gentle to your sensitve eye area! :)
-Amount of Product Given: .33 FL. OZ. / 10 ml
-Made in Canada
Distributed in New York
Directions on tube: Dot on blemish or under eye area SPARINGLY. Pat to blend with cosmetic sponge or fingertip.
Great product. Go get it!
Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination Hair: Black Eyes: Brown
I can't believe this doesn't have higher reviews. I've tried alot of concealers and this one is my current favorite! I even wore it on my wedding day and its very long lasting and I have it in Light and Light/Medium and I even turned my Mother onto this cause she is a concealer Ho Like me :)
Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue
I have been searching high and low, over mountains and plains, for something to replace my beloved and now discontinued Maybelline EverFresh concealer. Most concealers don't have enough coverage, but this Jane one is right on the money--very much the same consistency as EverFresh. The problem? The color! Being extremely ghostly-faced, I got the Fair. And it doesn't have pink undertones. It doesn't have yellow undertones. It has GRAY. That's right. GRAY. Perhaps even a greenish-gray. I'm not into the person-wasting-away-from-a-consumptive-disease, Madame Bovary-style look, so I suppose my search will go on. Boo.
Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium Hair: Brunette Eyes: Brown
while buying Jane's amazing and beautiful blushes i saw this concealor.the fact that its oil free caught my eye...and i thought wat the heck...so in lew of its great price and no frills packaging..its a great concealor..it lasts all day on my skin...and the color match is pretty good....i mean sure there are bettter concealors out there..but for the price u just cant beat it!!! when i use this however...less is more..and i use a brush to blend..presto!! no more zit...
Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination Hair: Black Eyes: Brown
I have some old old old acne scars on my cheeks (my skin is slow to heal/depigment/etc....), and I've tried other concealers. Often, they were much more expensive, and never the right colour!! That, or they'd melt off so easily, you'd call it a foundation instead of a concealer...
Anyways, I picked this up for dirt cheap today at a Loblaws in Canada, and surprisingly it was my exact colour! Not too pink, not too yellow (I've got asian skin in the beige/medium range). Actually, I picked up Rimmel's concealer, anti-fatigue or something at the same time, and both only came up to $12!! Couldn't even get one lancome concealer for that price!!!
GREAT GREAT GREAT concealer, doesn't look unnatural...I put a cream on, then use concealer, and then some light powder to set it, and voila!! However, I think the most important thing is to find your perfect match, and then make sure your concealer gives you the coverage you want!!
Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair Hair: Brunette Eyes: Blue
I'm on the fence with this concealer; I decided to try it after reading all the positive reviews. I'm very fair ("Alabaster" in Bobbi Brown, NW20 in MAC, to give you an example) so my under-eye circles can look really pronounced. I bought it for 4$ at Walgreens and although it lightens my circles and the rosiness in my cheeks, it doesn't conceal them completely. However, I have found this does a better a job as MAC stick concealer for a fourth of the price, so, until I find a better concealer (feel free to recommend!), I will use this.
Edit: I'm not sure why I liked this to begin with, it really doesn't do much of a job concealing undereye circles. I'm thinking about trying BB's corrector, in any case, the search continues...
Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan Hair: Black Eyes: Brown
After needing a concealer, i headed to the drugstore and found this on sale. surprisingly it's been a GREAT concealer. color blends well w/ my skintone and it stays on and is super blendable. i love this product!
Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown
After trying every drugstore concealer under the sun (only to have them wear within the hour, and turn greasy to boot) in a moment of frusteration, I threw in the towel on paying ten dollars a tube and bought this on a whim-and I'm pleasantly surprised! It truely is oil-free and really stays put throughout the day. Perfect for the summer-time greasies, though I wouldn't recommend this on dry skin or in the winter. A great buy!
EDIT: As I mentioned before, this stuff is not good for even slightly dry skin, and with continued use, it started to irritate (read:burn) my skin. Don't think I'll be re-purchasing.