|Would buy this product again.||66%|
Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel
I really wanted to love this foundation. However, it looks so thick and cakey no matter how I apply it. It also caused my acne prone skin to go bananas. It also feels quite sticky, even after being set with a powder. Ew.The color match is spot on, which is why I hate to give such a negative review, but this foundation just doesn't work for me.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown
i've never been interested in purchasing mac foundations simply because i never wanted to spend over $15 on a foundation. however, i started to get really unhappy with the drugstore foundations i was using (revlon, covergirl, etc.) not being the right undertone (most of them are pink while i am yellow). so i decided to give mac pro longwear a shot since i've heard that mac has a great variety of colors for all skin tones. i was so happy to find out that NC 35 was my perfect match! however, after 2-3 weeks of using it i started to break out like crazy around my chin area. also, the sales associate had told me that this foundation would work great with oily skin, but it surely didnt. i felt like a total grease ball just after 2 hours. i eventually gave my foundation to my cousin. what a disappointment.
Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive Hair: Other Eyes: Brown
I am an NC35 and this is my go to foundation. I've never had one that was so reliable. I want something that will look a tad more natural with the same results but I have yet to find one. It leaves my combo skin very nice, without oiling up in my tzone very easily. I know it lasts all day, and doesn't cause me to break out. I use this alone or brush the powder foundation on my tzone to set it. Also, the packaging is nice because it has a pump, it stayed pretty clean through out the entire time I've owned it. I jus finished my first bottle and I'm scrambling around because it's a part of my beauty regime I'm missing right now! I am searching a more natural one with no luck. Even if I find one, I will still need this foundation for nights I need to look my best or need long lasting coverage. I love it. And miss it! And need to get more ASAP.
Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair Hair: Brunette Eyes: Brown
This foundation covers EVERYTHING! I don't even need to use concealer with it. I apply it with my Sigma F80 at 5:30am (and it looks absolutely flawless) and when I get home around 10pm it's still perfect! I only touch it up once or twice a day with MAC's blotting powder to control my oil. I'm on my 4th(or 5th bottle) now and I don't plan on switching foundations any time soon!
Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium Hair: Brunette Eyes: Brown
- This foundation gives a natural finish - achieves medium coverage (need to apply concealer to major blemishes) and covers redness - sticky consistency, dries quickly therefore best application method is fingers or beauty blender, blending can be a bit tricky - creates white cast in flash photography - best for oily/ combo skin may be drying for dry skin
Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown
This is the first time for me to find the perfect match color in foundation. it feels like I have "holy mother of god, this is awesome" time.
My skin condition is sensitive, easily to break out, so oily (I live in Indonesia, with very hot temperature), and uneven skin tone. though this time around I don't have a lot of acne to cover up, but I do need to cover for my hyper pigmentation.
First time use it I expect it'll set quickly, but it doesn't. it doesn't have smell (to me), and it has medium to full coverage (I usually have 2 pumps, and it's enough to cover all the imperfections on my skin), and has matte finish. What impressed me is that it really is hold up my oily skin really well. I usually wear it for like more than 8 hours, and I still looking matte after 4-5 hours wear. and as the time goes by, it becomes slightly oily but the result makes me looks natural dewy and not oil slick! I looove it <3
and oh, I actually don't wear any primer underneath. (the primer breaks me out :'( )
- long wearing
- holds up oil really well (it has matte finish)
- doesn't have smell
- easy to blend
- great color range
- doesn't break me out
- packaging have lock, so it's travel friendly
- None. I don't have anything to complain so far. some people will say the price, but I think the price is quite reasonable with all the pros that it has, and the satisfaction that i got.
love this foundation!
Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination Hair: Brunette Eyes: Blue
I have been searching for a longlasting foundation for a long time, as I am sure all of you are too. But I think I may have found it. I went to the Mac store and had my face done. I love the color the associate picked out. This is the only longlasting makeup that truely is longlasting. I had to buy a different type of foundation brush, to apply it properly. My old brush was too soft , and I applied too much with it. It made it look cakey. But with the stiffer brush, I can apply less more evenly. I love the way it stays on thru the day without oxidizing. The only thing I can find wrong with it,is it doesn't cover quite as well I would like.Still looking for that magic concealer that stays on all day! As I get older, I want things simpler. Only having to apply this once a day is great. It did not break out my skin, nor block my pores. Doesn't dry out my skin,or "crack", the way Estee Lauder does. I also bought the finishing powder, and it's great. It doesn't cake on my skin either, always had a problem with powders before. Maybe I am finally getting it all together!
Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green
I purchased MAC Pro Longwear Foundation last week with high hopes. I purchased this because I've previously used MAC Studio Fix Fluid but wanted a bit lighter coverage this time around. Here is what I loved, didn't love and loathe from this product.
- Coverage. Medium to Heavy coverage, you can build it up without getting overly cakey.
- Staying power. I have oily/combination skin and tend to get very oily on my forehead and nose throughout the day. This foundation (paired with Prep and Prime + powder to set) lasted from 9am-7pm with hardly any shine in sight. Very impressive.
- Blendability. I find this product to be extremely easy to blend, I use the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to apply and do not have any issues at all.
- No scent. Unlike the Studio Fix Fluid which smells like paint, this foundation has the TINIEST scent of sunscreen - which is no surprise since it has SPF 10 but the smell is undetectable unless you're going to shove your nose up to someones face and smell.
- Covers my redness and pimples well.
- I feel this foundation possibly oxidizes the tiniest bit which is not ideal for people with lighter toned skin.
- Pump. I honestly thought I had gotten a broken pump with my foundation when I first went to use it. It took me a few minutes to get product out the bottle. I prefer the pumps you can buy seperately from MAC as opposed to this one. Also gets easily clogged.
- Price tag. $54 for a 30ml bottle. BUT you know how it is with MAC - quality>quantity.
- I had GREAT skin before I used this, hence why going for something a tad lighter than Studio Fix but after using this foundation twice, my skin has broken out badly. HOWEVER, it is my fault for not taking it off before I went to sleep (I was having a lazy night) so I can't fully blame it all on the product. GIRLS, REMOVE THIS FOUNDATION BEFORE YOU SLEEP.
That's pretty much it. :) Worth a go but I definitely don't think I'll be buying this again ONLY because of the hefty price tag. xxxx
Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair Hair: Brown Eyes: Brown
I hate this product. It oxidizes. Clogs pores. Doesn't stay. Not for oily skin. There's ok pump for this over priced product.
Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Hair: Brunette Eyes: Brown
-No harsh scent
-Sets to a satin-matte finish
-Lasts forever on the face without touch-ups
-Pump top lid was very sanitary
-Made my acne-prone skin go crazy and breakout
Would not repurchase simply because of the skin reaction I had. I had gotten to the point where my acne-prone skin was actually very calm, mostly even-toned, and minimal breakouts (we’re talking a tiny pimple here or there). I used this product for three days in a row with the same primer I always use (Make Up Forever HD Primer, the original) and the same setting powder (MAC Mineralized Skin Finish Natural) and thought, “I’m in the clear. No breakouts and this looks fabulous!” Then day four hit and my skin was broken out like crazy. I had taken Accutane two years back and the breakouts I had from this product were comparable in severity. If you are acne-prone, consider getting something more natural.