Clinique • Advanced Concealer • Concealers
|Would buy this product again.||65%|
Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium Hair: Black Eyes: Brown
I'm on my third tube since junior high and I'm now in college >_< I use this for extreme red spots on my face and I ALWAYS use this concealer for my undereye circles which are very dark. The advanced concealer instantly brightens up my look. This does only come in two shades, and luckily it matches mine, NC30-35. This is my HG for now until I find something else! I'm buying a new tube soon since I'm running out!
Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green
I use it solely for covering up acne scars. Dab a little on with a concealer brush, tap it in lightly, & cover with powder and you're set!
Can be a little cakey and chalky if you use too much. The sides of my tube also began to crack when I got closer to the end of my tube, therefore drying it out a bit and making it even more prone to cakeiness. :/
Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue
The choice of shades is very limited. The consistency isn't very good either. Not a great product.
Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly Eyes: Black
I really like this concealer because it provides a matte finish to the spots I apply it to, and it provides full coverage. Even though the product comes in a really small tube, I've been using it for ages and I have yet to run out. A little of it really goes a long way.
Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium Hair: Brunette Eyes: Brown
Love this concealer! Did a great job at hiding blemishes and covering up acne scars. Definitely a must-have!
Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry Hair: Black Eyes: Brown
can't live without this concealer! it hides my dark underye and gives me that "bright eye" look. will buy this over and over again!
Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown
I've been using this for a couple of years and I consider it my HG (for now anyway). I'm NW20 and I use "matte light". Amazingly, it does NOT break me out, unlike most products I put on my face. I have a lot of hyperpigmentation and redness and this covers better than anything I've tried. I'm happy with it for those two main reasons. I agree, though, that it accentuates dryness and can make some healing blemishes look weird. But my skin rarely has dry spots so I just accept that.
Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Hair: Brown Eyes: Brown
I have been using this product for a few years now and am pretty happy with it. I am 32, but I still break out, and I have old acne scars, and this is what I use this for. I have never used this under my eyes as it just seems like it would make my under-eye area dry and sink into the wrinkes. My only complaint would be that it doesn't match my skin perfectly. (I think there are only two colors availabe, although this does make it easier to choose!) I wear it over my foundation, but before I put on powder. If you want a concealer that is full-coverage, I can honestly say this is a really good one. I'm on the hunt for a new company, though, because I want a full-coverage foundation, and my current one (Citybase foundation by Clinique) is a bit off my color, so it does appear a bit "mask like." However, I may stick with this concealer, anyway. It's pretty good.
Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue
I love this concealer!! I have dark under-eye circles and this covers them up completely. I love how it dries to a powder like finish. Some users may find it a bit too thick, so I probably would not recommend it if you just wanted to cover up a pimple or something like that. The Matte Light shade worked just fine for me, and I am super-pale.
I am so happy I discovered this concealer because I have been searching for years for one I liked as well as Stila's now discontinued Eye Concealer.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green
FYI: I rated this concealer based on use for covering dark undereye circles.
1) Amazing coverage! VERY pigmented.
2) A little bit goes a LONG way. It's super thick and concentrated so you only need a tiny dab. Even for as much as I used, a tube of this lasts several months. The tube is also needlenose, so you only squeeze out what you need. Very sanitary and convenient.
3) It stays where you put it! Pat it in and let it set for about 15 seconds and you're done.
1) This concealer is visible and noticeable when used BY ITSELF. It's very apparent you have makeup on, especially under eyes. This is probably because for very dark circles like I have, you even need a concealing "base coat" so to speak. So, before putting this on, I had put on a layer of Maybelline's True Illusion Concealer (which again, by itself wasn't enough coverage for what I need). The combination of these two worked well to get rid of that "made-up" look, but also helped emphasize fine lines, especially by the end of the day. Yikes.
2) This concealer is very drying. So I mixed it with an equivalent dab of Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion on my finger and then applied it. Together the consistency and hydration is pretty darn close to what the ideal concealer should be. This may be a positive thing for some people who find most concealers to be too cakey- this one definitely is not. At least give this a try if you're fed up with cakey makeup.
3) However, as you may have guessed, wearing 3 products on under my eyes to make this product work is a clear sign that it's not doing the job solo. The biggest reason why I moved on to another product: this regime emphasized the fine lines under my eyes. It amplified things I didn't even know I had and by the end of the day, I looked older. This is the main reason why I hate both the dark circles under my eyes and wearing makeup to cover them up. My delicate eye area is suffering.
I've played around with several highly reviewed concealers since using this one and have finally settled on the perfect one: Everyday Minerals Intensive Fair. What a godsend. I never thought a POWDER would be my HG undereye concealer- but believe it. I've completely stopped using any other concealer or sampling other ones!