Chanel • Lift Lumiere Fluid • Foundations
|Would buy this product again.||69%|
Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown
After 2 months of daily usage, this is what I think of this foundation.
How I use this:
- Squeeze out a little (pea size) for my entire face, using my fingers, dot it over my face and spread it like how I apply my moisturizer.
- after applying my foundation, I would do my eyes, then use a piece of facial tissue and press/blot my entire face.
- I dont powder my face as I have dry skin.
What I like about this:
- comes with a pump and in a plastic bottle
- medium coverage without feeling heavy on the skin. I hardly need to use any concealer for my acne scars (tho they are not too bad). It evens out my skin tone, covers my dark eye rings, but it does not cover my freckles
- looks & feels good on my skin, very natural, very moisturizing - I have dry skin, those who are oilier might find it a bit too 'moisturizing'
- I put on my foundation at 630am, and remove it usually at 8pm. this foundation LASTS! and it actually looks better over time. On nights out when I remove my make up at 11pm, I still look fresh.
- I work in an air-conditioned environment, but am out in the heat & humidity for about 2 hrs during lunch time, this foundation doesn't melt away. YIPPIE!
- doesnt clog my pores
What I wish would be different:
- a see through bottle so I know how much of the foundation is left
- the price hurts - BUT a little does go a long way!
Would I buy this again:
- YES! and i'm loving this.
Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium Hair: Black Eyes: Black
I am asian and the SA at the HK airport recommended #30. The texture is smooth and applies beautifully but one hour later i hated what i see in the mirror because the color oxidizes terribly to a orange colored. My neck area is fair and I ended up looking tan. Oh goodness me. For the price it cost me, it is not worth repurchasing. I had to find a white base sunscreen to lighten it. And lastly I can't tell if the bottle content is what it claims to be 30ml. The bottle is so light.
Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue
This is my HG foundation . It has great staying power, goes on smoothly , like a second skin , doesn't look fake or mask like , but still manages to give a good coverage and I only use a few small drops. Makes my skin look flawless, and I have very problematic skin , redness, broken capillaries , prone to breakouts,and large pores. Great colours , I am a 42 Petale, which matches my skin perfectly , better than any other foundation . Being a mature age woman , it certainly suits my skin better than other foundations.
I just hate the packaging. I don't like the coloured container as you cannot tell how much product is left .
It is expensive , I paid $98 for 30mls at the Chanel counter in Myer in Perth (Western Australia) , more than I thought I would ever pay for a foundation , however I must say , it's well worth it , and I only use a tiny amount and I've been using it 5 days a week for the past 4 months and it's still going.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown
It's the first Chanel foundation I use and I must admit it's really high quality!
Don't be fooled by the "lift" part that could make you think this foundation is only for more mature ladies. It's really effective for smoothing all the imperfections on your face, so I would recommend it no matter how old you are.
So let's start!
- Packaging: Really elegant, I like the fact the bottle is plastic even if it's look cheaper than glass, as it avoids it to break if you make it fall! The pump is really easy to use and hygienic, but the packaging makes it impossible to reach the last drops of foundation as you can't open the bottle!
- Shades: that's the only part why this foundation isn't my HG. The color range in France is AWFUL. You only have 5 shades to choose from and they are all very orangey. Even the palest shade was WAY too dark for my NW15 skin. So I won't repurchase. It's also very expensive for my student's means.
- Application: it looks like a DREAM. Really, and I've tried lots of foundations from low to high end. It's very easy to apply with fingers, it blends like a charm and is really buildable without looking a tad cakey. It's very natural and have a semi-matte finish, you know, this lovely dewy finish that makes your skin looks glowy, like an inside light that would illuminate your skin from the interior.
So finally I would definitly recommend this product, especially if you can find a good range of colors in your country, but for my part, even if I love it, I won't repurchase because of the poor colors choices in France (Chanel's country, what a shame!)
Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium Hair: Brown Eyes: Green
I love this foundation. Beleve me, I have tried everything under the sun, and this is my favorite. I like the consistency, the almost full coverage,(I have to use a full coverage concealer for spots under my eyes as well), Leaves my skin slightly dewy/ glowy. The finish is gorgous, I look like I have porcelain skin. It's definitely expensive, but to me it's worth it. I have dry/ sensitive skin, large pours, redness and some freckles which this foundation covers beautifully. It has been very hard to find something that can help with all of these issues. I am only 30, so this can definately be used by women of any age. I I will continue to buy this.
Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown
Im not sure if i like this foundation or not I think the right term would be im ok with this. I ll definitely use it up but Im not going to repurchase.I think its ridiculously overpriced for what it does. Comes in a plastic bottle with a pump, the packaging feels quite light making you think that the bottle is empty. The way that the bottle is made makes it impossible to know how much you have left, not a huge con but irritates me slightly. Its for sure one expensive foundation it retails for $60 if im not mistaken. The think that I like the most about this foundation is the finish. Luminous but not greasy and plus after a while this foundation sets on the skin and doesn't have that liquidy,glossy, greasy feeling that most moisturizing foundations have.Has quite good coverage definitely not foul but covers well minor spots and redness. For some serious concealing you will definitely need a concealer on top of this. Its for sure a moisturizing formula with satin finish so its for sure not recommended for people with oily skin.the shade selection is ok I have it in the color 40 beige and its a quite good match for my nc 25-30 complexion BUT its slightly darker i dont mind that though .Has ok lasting power well you dont expect from a luminous moisturizing foundation to last all day thats not realistic. Has a very nice silky texture that spreads on the skin effortless feels very lightweight and looks truly natural. The lifting promises are of course a big lie nothing has been lifted on my face and to be honest i think that this foundation has the tendency to set into fine lines just a little bit though . I believe this foundation would be good for someone that has dry or very dry skin ,who likes luminous finish and doesnt mint to spend $60-$65 on a foundation. As I said im not going to buy it again its not the best option for my skin
Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair Hair: Red Eyes: Blue
I've bought it more than once. I'm only 26 and have combo skin. As I am fair, I do with the colour range was broader, as I do like to mix tones. I use faience and ivoire together, though I believe both are a bit yellow. They blend well.
The coverage is gorgeous and dewy but not goopy. It does clog my pores (within one day), so I cleanse well and still keep returning to Lift Lumiere!
Age: 25-29 Skin: Other Hair: Other Eyes: Other
could improve increase skin tone colour selection (not everyone is light, med, dark...there are more inbetweens)
Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive Hair: Brunette Eyes: Hazel
This is a GORGEOUS foundation. I'm 23, and I don't think that you necessarily need to have fine lines or anything to use this. It is perfect for dry/combination skin, and it gives the most beautiful glow. I used to have incredibly oily skin but my skin changed to dry/combination the last several months and I needed to shift out of my comfort zone for a foundation that would suit my new needs. This became my HG immediately. It photographs unlike anything I've worn before - my skin looks bright, golden, flawless. It covers very well, I don't need extra concealer on old acne scars. It is very natural, and the lightest feeling foundation I've encountered with such coverage properties. I think it's lighter even than a tinted moisturizer like Laura Mercier. Beautiful finish, wonderful feel. It's a gem, that's for sure, I'm NC 25/Beige 40, intensity 3.0
Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight Eyes: Other
I am very pleased with this foundation, looks natural, covers well, sort of medium heavy, is moisturizing and lasts. It leaves me with a pretty glow. The colors are slightly different than pro lumiere and I had to go down all the way to Beige for a match. However the beige is slightly too dark so I mix in a little CD 021 linen. for reference I am a CD 021 linen, in between Shu 976 and 977. I think beige is the only light yellow toned color in this range because I tried ivory and it was too pink toned for me. I just wish Chanel would make a neutral yellow based color.