Bobbi Brown • Skin Foundation SPF 15 • Liquid
|Would buy this product again.||62%|
Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown
NC44, I use #6 Golden.
The ONLY foundation that is yellow enough for me. Gives a light, natural coverage. When I use this, people just say ''you look airbrushed'' or just ''healthy''. This is pricey, but the only color match I've ever found. It could be more long wearing, but it has never claimed to be a long wearing foundation. Moisturizing on my dry skin. The bottle is made of thick glass and it comes with a pump.
I will repurchase. HG.
Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown
The consistency is very watery, light weight. It gives a light slightly medium dewy coverage that evens out your skin tone. Works great with dry skin. The packaging is very substantial, a glass pump bottle, very sturdy.
For reference i am a NC25 and wear a 3.5 warm beige.
Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair Hair: Blond Eyes: Blue
I really enjoy this product. I have very oily, sensitive and acne-prone skin. This delivers a medium coverage to the skin that looks natural. I do get oily throughout the day with this foundation, but I love the way that it looks on my skin even at the end of the day. This foundation has not broke me out since I have been wearing it. It literally looks like your skin.. but more even and enhanced!
Bobbi Brown provides a great shade range for those who are very fair, as well. I bought this foundation at my local CCO, so if you are looking for a discounted price, I would browse through a CCO in your area.
I would definately re-purchase this as it is a staple in my makeup collection!
Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel
Sorry guys, I reject your reality and present my own:
- Alabaster 00 is a decent match. Pretty cool/neutral for BB, which is refreshing.
- Coverage is OK. On first pass, my surface redness is covered.
- Has a nice bottle. Heavy glass with a sturdy pump.
- Has SPF. I'm pale. I'm young. I'd like to continue looking like both. (Though, to be honest, relying on a foundation for SPF is foolish -- but it's better than nothing.)
- Has SPF. Like any cheap sunblock, this stuff makes me greasy after 3-4 hours.
- Wear SUCKS. While the foundation is liquefying on my nose, it also starts to pool around the pores on my cheeks and migrate somehow from my forehead to my upper lip. No combination of primer or powder has stopped me from looking like a tie-dyed strawberry by the time noon rolls around.
- Itches. As the foundation is undergoing its various intense and rapid chemical processes described above, my face itches something fierce. Fortunately, I have never broken out into hives or rash or redness (at least, beyond any redness I naturally possess).
- Smudges mascara. No, seriously. GA ETK; Guerlain MaxiLash; DiorShow; Hypnose Doll Lashes; it doesn't matter -- with any other foundation I own (MUFE Mat Velvet+; MUFE HD; UD Naked Skin; Nars Sheer Matte), I'm a glamorous clean-cheeked flutterwinky fairy. With this foundation, I'm a weeping panda.
So, to recap ladies and gents, BB Skin comes in a nice bottle and offers a decent shade for really pale people. It also, incidentally, turns you into a tie-dyed strawberry sad panda.
If that's your thing, godspeed. Otherwise, move on.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown
I have sensitive oily acne prone skin that gets super flakey. I absolutely hate foundations that accentuate my sometimes flakey skin. So i figured I would get a foundation a little more moisturizing. This foundation definitely has SHEER coverage. I do have hyper pigmentation that I always use a concealer for but I need a foundation to cover some redness in my skin. I bought 4.5 natural tan since I am a lot darker when I am fake tanned. This does seem to get darker throughout the day, and it is very yellow based. I've been using it for the week and was just considering changing the color but then I noticed that I'm not in love with this foundation. It has absolutely zero staying power. I can wipe my face with my finger, my phone, anything and I would have an oily foundation spot on the item. This even came off on my fingers and I accidentally touched my white shirt and got everywhere. It is also super shiny, even when I put powder over it! It made my skin itch for the first couple times I put it on as well. This does not break you out. It is oil free, non comedogenic etc. I would definitely recommend this to people with VERY dry dry skin, not even combination. I will be returning this product unfortunately.
Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown
I like the idea of wearing foundation to even out and protect the skin but often find that they can make my pores look large. This works better than most on me if spot-applied sparingly. It's very light textured but blends in seamlessly, wears well and doesn't cake or make my face shiny towards the end of the day. I use Warm Natural which is the best foundation shade I've ever used and makes me remain loyal to BB's foundations (I've used four different formulas over the years)
I only need less than half a pump's worth of this foundation at a time, so find it easier to control the quantity by decanting a small amount into a tiny Bobbi Brown sample pot (about a 5ml size), applying it with fingers or a brush and then blending it by patting it with fingertips.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond Eyes: Brown
Ok so firstly I usually wear medium cover(except the occasional day off when I wear bb cream!) but I took a chance and tried this foundation recently. It is VERY light coverage but makes the skin look nice and healthy not caked! I'm very oily so need to set with powder but felt like I was putting so much powder on during the day that my skin eventually looked dry and caked! I still have this foundation and on days where my skin isn't too bad I wouldn't mind wearing it but I feel like it's a whole lot of effort during the day keeping it looking good! I know from working on counter that it's really nice foundation on normal skins but for oily skin it is a bit too much effort I feel! Price is slightly steep like all the Bobbi foundations but nice packaging and pump bottle
Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green
Onto my 3rd bottle of this but will I buy again?
Porcelain is half a shade too pale and Warm Ivory half a shade too yellow. But my biggest criticism is coverage- there is practically none. BB is stretching the point calling this 'foundation'- a tinted moisturiser gives as much coverage. I don't need a huge amount of coverage but one application of this still looks as if I have nothing on my skin.
Feels very light on the skin as it's water based. It's also quite moisturising even though it's not marketed as such.
I need two carefully applied layers of this to get anything like an even skin tone and then it starts to look slightly powdery. I use over a primer/sunscreen (Clinique City Block) . My skin is normal. Definitely not oily and not dry either.
-Looks natural but very light coverage.
-Doesn't last that long because I need to use 2 pumps to get the coverage.
-Very runny consistency- pour into the palm of your hand not the back or it runs off.
-Barely any coverage with 1 application.
-Needs touching up after half a day.
-Not good for anyone with normal-oily skin- unless you tried using powder on top.
It doesn't last- by midday after working at my desk at home it's almost disappeared. Using a light powder on top destroys the very slight dewy finish this has and makes it matte- not a look I want.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green
First impressions BB SF in #2 Sand:
I've been wearing this foundation for the past three days and I am happy to say that I am liking this foundation a lot and that it could be, for the first time ever, my HG. I have oily skin with large pores and cystic acne, pimples from time to time, acne and other type of scarring.
APPLICATION: this foundation applies very sheer, so you need to layer to achieve a better coverage of reddish or more blemished parts. I use a concealer prior applying the foundation for acne/red bits. The best way to apply it is with a standard foundation brush or a kabuki-like brush (I've been using a standard paddle foundation brush (generic & RT), face expert brush RT and Bdellium 957).
OIL CONTROL: there is no oil control. When I first wore this foundation I was really oily after just two hours and it become worse and worse as time passed. The next day I used my two new creams I got for Christmas and set it with a mattifying pressed powder. I must say, the oil control was perfect. I didn't look oily, but dewy and natural, by the end of the day, slightly oily.
PIECE OF ADVICE: for those with oily skin, you may try this. I worked for me. After cleansing my face I applied Sans Soucis Aqua Clear Skin moisturizer. After it sank in, I applied a silicon primer (Body Shop Vitamin C Skin Boost or Garnier 5 seconds - both worked the same) sparingly (I don't like silicons). After that, I applied MAC Pro Longwear concealer and then this foundation, and then set it all with HD powder and Sexy Mama setting powder. This really did improve the lack of oil control a lot! Curently the weather is rather dry (no sun, 15 Celsius, no rain) and I 6 h of wear time and no oil, no blotting, nothing! I'm utterly impressed! I think I could have gone with 8 hrs. It did fade slightly around my nose, but that may be due using hankies.
FINISH: I like how this foundation minimizes the pore appearance, and looks so natural on skin.
WEAR TIME: It is a long wearing foundation as long as you set it with a powder and not layer it but leave it with a sheer or medium coverage. It does fade with time, but I got 10 hr of wear time (I didn't look silly after 10 hrs!) and it could go up to 12 hr. And the fading isn't too noticeable. If you touch up with a powder and a blush (after 7 hrs), you should be fine. For me this is the most long wearing foundation I have tried.
YOU SHOULD NOTE: it has sheer to medium coverage, has no oil control (use a primer & mattifying powder), is longwearing (as long as you use a primer, a non oily moisturizer and set it with powder), blemished skin needs concealer, natural coverage, easy to apply, goes on sheer, needs to be layered, you use more than one pump to cover whole face, is water based, fills the pores and makes a really nice finish
FOUNDATIONS THAT DIDN'T WORK FOR ME:
- Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua B10 - after 2 hrs it starts to break and fade, after 5 hrs I have to reapply it. No oil control, is visible around the nose, applies very nice and looks natural. Has more coverage than BB. Horrible. And it was dry weather, 10-15 Celsius!!
- Chanel Perfection Lumiere B10 - applies matte, but after 1.5h looks semi matte. Not longwearing (max 5 hr), no oil control (which is kind of shocking). Since it dries matte, you don't feel like you need a setting powder.
- MUFE HD 120 - currently it is too dark for my skin tone, but I love this foundation as well. It has no oil control, but I assume I could try with the SS moisturizer and TF P&P or BS Vit. C primer. Long wearing and photographs beautifully. Comparable to BB's SF, but with more coverage.
- Guerlain Parure Extreme 02 - wrong color - no color match (they don't carry 01 or 31).
- MAC Matchmaster 1.5 - too orange. I remember it having a great oil control, but I haven't worn it since end of summer so I don't remember the wear time. It has a semi matte finish, medium coverage. A nice foundation.
- Illamasqua Skin Base SB06 - horrible lasting power/wear time. No oil control. It looks patchy and horrible after 4 hrs of wear time. You need more time to blend but it is better when in conjunction with their matte primer. I am surprised by its low performance since almost every blogger is happy with this foundation. The fading of I-SB is different than the one of C-VLA. I-SB looks like it's being lifted from the surface of your face because of oil. I hate this foundation, at least C-VLA I like.
Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown Hair: Black Eyes: Brown
I just love this foundation! Never have i found another perfect match of colour! Everytime I wear this foundation, people compliment me on my skin rather than saying makeup!