Physicians Formula • Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum • Eyeliner
|Would buy this product again.||85%|
Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black Eyes: Brown
- Dries to a film, rather than sinking into the skin like ink (i.e. marker style liners).
- After it dries, stays on from morning to night.
- My eyelids are moderately oily and it didn't smear or transfer to other parts of my lids. It is water resistant as long as you don't rub it while water is on the line.
- It's really easy to take off since it comes off with water + light pressure.
- The formula does remind me of Japanese liquid liner formulas, so that's another product I won't have to buy overseas.
- Two caveats: get the ULTRA BLACK, the black is more like a charcoal (thanks, whoever put the comparison pic up!); and the liquid does not always flow freely from the tip, at least on mine, especially if you apply liner with the tip pointing skyward, without the aid of gravity.
- I won't comment on the lash growth claims, ha. Myristoyl pentapeptide-17 is supposed to stimulate keratin production... googling will show promo materials from the manufacturer and a US patent application on the use of peptides in stimulating lash growth. All of that is no guarantee of efficacy, but there does seem to be some science behind it all.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown
- The lash boosting serum part definitely has been showing signs of it working. I have been using the eye-liner for few months now, and my lashes have definitely grown in length - particularly my lower lashes, despite that I only put it on my upper lid. I was able to see the results within few weeks though.
- Very fine, precise, and controlled brush tip. This was my first liquid eye-liner, so I was a bit nervous about it (I've only used pencil and crayon before)... but it was very easy to use. Nice controlled, fine lines.
- The liner stays on throughout the day. I'm not sure about the "24-hour" deal, but as long as you're not sweating your head off, or rubbing your eyes out constantly, I think it stays on well for the most part. I have oily skin, so this is very nice.
- For the price, I think it's a very good deal. It's lasted me a while, and I use it very frequently. AND the serum part has certain shown to work. Not to mention it's cheaper than many other eye-liners.
- The lid!! I'm not sure if it's the way I opened it at first, or maybe I had a defective one... but, my first one (my second one is fine) - the top/ lid/ cap would not stay on. I put it in my little pouch to carry it in my bad, and the top came off on its own, which I didn't know about for a few days, so the tip dried up! Thankfully, I was able to revive it by wetting it, and keeping it flipped upside down, etc. And after that I kept a piece of tape around it.
(But my second one's top seems to stay on...)
- There's a sensation to the serum, just like any other serum. It kind of feels cool (temp wise) and may feel tingly and possibly stingy a little. If you don't want that, this probably isn't the product for you. I've used different serums before, so it doesn't bother me, but the first time I've tried an eyelash serum, it caught me by surprised.
I think that it does its job well and serves as a nice eye-liner, especially for the price. I think that they fixed the top, so the top coming off won't be a problem anymore.
I have purchased my 2nd one, and would recommend it to others.
Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium Hair: Brunette Eyes: Green
I have NEVER had a problem being sensitive to any makeup but this one threw me!! The second day I used it my eyelids began to swell, turned red and HURT! It has been two weeks and I have seen 2 different doctors -3 office visits $$$$$$$. I now have to see the doctor again in 2 more weeks and look like a FREAK!!! I have to put warm compresses on my eyes 4 times a day and when I wake up in the morning they are stuck shut!! I have tried contacting the company with no response!!!! Apparently the product has clogged my oil glands and they backed up and got infected!!!!! BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!
Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown
It does what it claims, my lashes have grown drastically after using this product. It's so handy to use everyday, just a small amount along the top lash line everyday. And it your lashes will grow. I saw result after about a month of using it for almost everyday. Overall a great everyday product to use.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium Hair: Blond Eyes: Green
First its not so easy to get the liner flowing into the brush sometimes you have to press the brush which screws up your line. Also because the liner doesn't flow so easily when you try to go over the line again the brush actually can take off colour whether wet or dry which can be a pain when your in a rush. i found shaking a lot and getting started on your hand helps. Most of all I'm upset because i didn't completely close the cap one morning and it totally dried out. Also buy ultra black. I re-bought in just black, thats all the store had and its not black enough. The brush may be a plus for some and i think the shape is great but for me the stiffness makes a straight one swoop line almost impossible as its not flexible enough to glide on the lash line. What i do like is that this lasts all day long with no fade yet comes off fine . this works better than most liquid liners in the waterline as its kinda a drier formula. What i love is that when i use this i do see longer thicker lashes which is why i keep using it
Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown
What PF claims:
-High-tech formula enhances the appearance of lashes while providing the instant definition of a liquid eyeliner, in one easy step!
-Lash Boosting complex targets the base of lashes where it is most effective.
-Innovative and easy to use eyelining tool delivers effortless definition.
- High-tech Japanese formula is long-wearing, water-resistant and smudge-resistant.
- Hypoallergenic. Fragrance free. Paraben free. Dermatologist approved. Safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers.
-For the thickest, lushest lashes, use Eye Booster along upper lash line daily. This easy to use liner will add an instant lash-boosting effect and its high-performance formula is designed to enhance the appearance of lashes in as little as 2 weeks! After just 4 weeks, 91% of women saw longer and fuller looking lashes!
The last statement is based on individual participants PERCEPTION, btw. Not actual measurements, but just perception. lol Anyways onto the review:
1. The eyeliner: 4/5
-Good wear, and can withstand a day of muggy weather However, it cannot withstand rainy weather even when my face WAS NOT directly rained on. Weird. The e/l flaked like mascara (I wasn't wearing mascara this day).
- Easy removal
- Like other reviewers have noted, the brush is thin enough not to give a look like from a felt-tip, but also is stiff enough to offer control. This is my first 'brush' liner, and I have no difficulty controlling the brush.
- Colors: I have black and Brown. Both are not in your face, but still apparent even with one... stroke? Anyways, they are also build-able without worrying about looking like raccoons. That would take a LOT of e/l. :)
- Hypoallergenicity: In all honesty, NO PRODUCT CAN BE TRULY HYPOALLERGENIC. A product may exclude certain chemicals that are harsh or known to cause allergic reactions, but if with a hyper-reactive immune system, anyone can become allergic to anything.... seriously. It annoys me when companies say that they are hypoallergenic. A company should state "contains non-hash chemicals" or "excludes known allergens," in stead. But I deviate... I have very sensitive eyes, and for some reason, I have reacted to each and every eye product that I have tried from Maybelline and Covergirl. I have also reacted to Sephora eye products as well. My eyes were only slightly irritated from use, but this does not occur every time I use it.
- Price 10.95 + tax. NOT cheap for a DS product.
2. Lash booster: 1/5
I did NOT see any improvement in length or thickness or number of my lashes. I have been using this eyeliner consistently since march, and see NO improvement whatsoever.
The results PF mentions on the packaging is not a trial conducted by PF but rather a participant-based non-controlled report... VERY MISLEADING. I did not really buy it for the lash boosting qualities though I can imagine some people did. It would have been nice if my lashes were really longer. No standard measurements were conducted for a control, and honestly, I think people can make-believe a lot. In other words, they see the results they want to see (longer/ thicker/ whatever lashes) than really see the reality...
- Ingredients: MYRISTOYL PENTAPEPTIDE-17 seems to be the stimulant to lash growth, so I did some research on it.
I found an article on Tarte MultiplEYE that concerns the said peptide:
"Instead of bimatoprost or any other prostaglandin analogs, the active ingredient in MultiplEye is myristoyl pentapeptide-17, which is also the star of Jan Marini Eyelash Conditioner. Peptides are believed to stimulate hair growth at the follicle, but it needs to be stressed that all peptides are not created equal. Though certain peptides have shown to stimulate epidermal cell and hair growth in mice, myristoyl pentapeptide-17 does not seem to crop up in any peer-reviewed, independent studies documenting hair growth. On the other hand, Jan Marini is known for impressive in-house research studies and must have a substantiated reason for its choice of ingredients."
So at best... maybe this peptide does actually help growth. The rest of the ingredients are normal in e/l (when compared to MUFE waterproof liquid liner, etc).
All in all, I would def repurchase as many DS have deals for PF and is a decent e/l that can be bought for a decent price. I would never purchase full price. 11+ for a DS product is not the way to go. [I'd rather buy UD 24/7 Glide-on] The 3 was given based on the 2 separate parts of the review: 4 + 1 divided by 2 = 2.5 And I like rounding up... so yeah. :) Hope this helps.
Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium Hair: Black Eyes: Brown
Finally something that DOESN'T SMUDGE! Man years and years of trying find anything that doesn't smudge on me and physicians formula finally does it! Gotta love this, pigmented , smooth, I absolutely adore the brush tip. My only concern is that it does flake a bit on me(but what doesn't), but out of all the hundreds of eyeliners I've tried, this lasts the longest. Also sometimes the liquid doesn't come out so I have to shake it and draw a couple of lines on my hand but other than that HG babyy!!
Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown
I bought Very Black on sale for $11 from Shoppers Drug Mart. It came with a full price mail in rebate (which I'm still waiting for after 1 month). It also claims to make your lashes fuller and thicker. Here's the run down:
-The shiny silver pen-like packaging make it look expensive and attractive =)
-No maintenance or dipping required
-No button or twisty thing to make the actual product come out of the brush
-Very fine & soft
-Allows full control of the thickness of my eyeliner
-I can't really clean it (so there's an increased risk of contamination)
-Absolutely no tugging!
-Oh so smooth!
-Perfect winged liner everytime!
-Difficult at first because the brush is so fine but once I got the hang of it, my whole universe changed!
-I only apply it on my upper lid. I haven't tried waterlining and tightlining with this yet.
-"Very black" is more soft black
-It is buildable but if you're looking for a deep dark black then I am afraid this is not for you.
-Give it 5-10 seconds to dry and it will last all day WITH PRIMER (I use Urban Decay)
-It doesn't say it's waterproof but I wore it to a funeral and to my convocation and I cried both times and the product held up pretty well---no cracks, smears,fading!
-Easily comes off with Clean & Clear Eye Makeup remover or drugstore makeup remover wipes
-It normally retails for $14-$16 Canadian. To me, it's a bit pricey for a drugstore eyeliner but it's Physicians Formula and it is not on the cheap side of drugstore brands
-The mail in rebate helps but I haven't received it yet
-Precise and high performance application
-Awesome staying power
-Easy to find in drugstores
-The concept is nice but no change in the volume or length of my asian eyelashes =(
-Pricey drugstore eyeliner.
-Color is lighter than described on the box.
-I think I'm allergic because after I remove it my eyelids itch which has never happened before. My friend has not experienced this with the product but says the lash boosting part is working on me, hence the itching (I don't believe her). So one lippie off.
I want to. I really love it but I'm concerned about the itching. So I'll say no for now.
Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette Eyes: Brown
Wow, Physician's Formula can be so day and night. Not that long ago I reviewed the felt tip eyeliner and found it to be horrible in terms of quality and pigment. I have the black of this eyeliner and find it a great liquid eyeliner! It's pretty similar to the Smashbox Limitless Liner Pen which I really love. I think this black is pigmented and goes on dark and smooth. The worst part of eyeliner pens like this is that they seem to dry out rather quickly which leads to bad application. This one has a good cap that helps keep the tip fresh. I've had it for a while now and it has not dried out one bit. Now I did not buy this expecting any lash growth, and I don't suggest you rely on this for lash growth either. For one thing, I don't use the same eyeliner throughout the week. For another thing, read the box. It says that the women who stated their eyelashes looked fuller were wearing the eyeliner and the mascara at the time. That's just hilarious! I might not buy this at full price, but I'd buy it on sale.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue
I really really like this liner. It's easy to use, has a great design, and I did notice some lash growth. Unfortunately it does tend to flake off a bit during the day, but maybe I just bought an older tube...