Physicians Formula • Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum • Eyeliner
|Would buy this product again.||85%|
Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Hair: Black Eyes: Brown
This eyeliner is FANTASTIC. It doesn't crack, like some liquid liners do, and it's staying power is pretty amazing. My only problem is that some of it wears a bit when you sweat (PF waterproof formula, please?), and I don't know if it is just the liner that I bought but the brush dries out from time to time, meaning that I have to waste some product trying to get more out on the back of my hand. But overall, it is a must buy.
Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue
Ladies (and gentlemen, if you also happen to be in the market for a liquid eyeliner) the only way that Physicians Formula Eye Booster 2 in 1 Eyeliner could make it easier to get the elusively perfect cat eye is if it grew limbs and freaking applied it by itself.
Oh, I can do a good cat eye... but it's taken Youtube tutorials and a smattering of Q-Tips and effort. I generally have to apply a normal cream or liquid eyeliner very, very slowly. I generally have to go over the line very carefully several times. It normally takes a few minutes. PF Eye Booster... now THIS is MAGICAL. It's got a magical skinny brush. It's not too long and not too squatty. I don't understand how this works, but it doesn't splay. It's not too floppy, but it's flexible. You can tightline with this bad boy. I hold it at an angle and apply it to my lashline with my eyes open. This way, I can get a natural, thin line. For a split second before it dries, I can smudge the line for a subtle look. If I want more drama, I apply the liner with the side of the brush flat against my lashline.
I have the black liner, and it's a very soft black. It does read as black on me, not gray, and it is PERFECT with soft peach lips for a nod to the 1960's gamine. But it's definitely not a dark, rich black. It does come in Ultra Black, though.
This liner does well with normal wear and tear. It doesn't flake. If you rub your eyes in humid, 90 degree weather, yes, it will smudge. But it will survive a normal day with no problem, and touch-ups aren't a big deal anyway. It washes off easily.
I've had this for a week or so, so I haven't had time to notice eyelash growth. I think the claims are quite grandiose, but, that said, the concept is genius. What better to do with eyelash serum than tint it and paint it on your roots? Genius. So I really like the concept, but I'm not looking for stellar performance in the eyelash-growth department.
Since I've only had this for a week, I realize that this eyeliner has time to disappoint me--for instance, if this dries out in an unreasonable amount of time, I'll be sure to edit my review. However, the cap is very snug and snaps securely into place, so I'm hoping this will stay fresh for a good bit. If it continues to perform well, it'll be HG material for SURE.
Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green
Love! Finally something to replace my beloved Shisheido Fineliner, which I can never find in brown anymore. Can't comment on the lash boosting qualities because I haven't used it long enough, but the application is wonderful!!
Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown
YES! YES! YES! AMAZING PRODUCT! I LOVE this product. this is the best eyeliner i've tried so far. it doesn't smudge or slide. it goes on GREAT. I'M SPEECHLESS with the result i got from this eyeliner. it's really amazing and i say it's a must-have.
Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown
This is a GREAT eyeliner. The only con about it is the tip always drys out and everytime i have to use it i put a little bit of water on it. If it wasn't for that i'd def. give it 5 stars. Mine is Very black and it pretty much lives up to its name! The staying power is amazing also. The first time I wore it it went through 110 degree weather and it didn't melt off my face unlike the rest of my makeup. I have been noticing my eyelashes are a bit thicker! Definitely HG!
Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown
I'm in love with the brown and ultra black...they do not smudge at all. I wore them when I was sightseeing in Europe and California (100+ degrees)....these do not budge and they apply so prettily. The colors may dissipate a bit by the end of the day, but I still love them!
Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue
This eyeliner is my favorite ever! I'm tempted to toss all the others in my cosmetics case. I have the dark brown because as I've aged I've found softer makeup colors are my new found friends. The sleek tube casing with such a wonderfully airtight lid is outstanding. Unlike others I've had no problem with the product drying up in the tube or flaking off after application. If, after applying to one eye, I find that the tip is dry, I just recap and maybe shake the tube a bit and I'm good to go on eye #2. Perhaps I'm not noticing problems with flaking because of my application method. I like to sort of dot and squish the tip into my lash line for a subtle effect. And it lasts all day and more - I really have to work dilligently with a cotton swab dipped into an oil based makeup remover to take it off at night. Only one caveat -at this price, if you're expecting this to be an eyelash growth serum, I would expect you will be disappointed.
Age: 30-35 Skin: Other Hair: Other Eyes: Other
I just have to take the time and write a review on this wonderful product. The best liquid eyeliner hands down! I love UD's liquid liner but it is a bit time consuming to learn and use the tiny brush. I got curious with an eyeliner pen and see if it can also draw a thin line. And it does! I also love that the pen is so easy to use! It is also very long lasting. I took a shower and the liner was still on. It didn't budge or fade at all! So you'll never have to worry if your liner is still there! I declare this as one of my staples and holy grail beauty products! Must have!!!
Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black Eyes: Brown
- Dries to a film, rather than sinking into the skin like ink (i.e. marker style liners).
- After it dries, stays on from morning to night.
- My eyelids are moderately oily and it didn't smear or transfer to other parts of my lids. It is water resistant as long as you don't rub it while water is on the line.
- It's really easy to take off since it comes off with water + light pressure.
- The formula does remind me of Japanese liquid liner formulas, so that's another product I won't have to buy overseas.
- Two caveats: get the ULTRA BLACK, the black is more like a charcoal (thanks, whoever put the comparison pic up!); and the liquid does not always flow freely from the tip, at least on mine, especially if you apply liner with the tip pointing skyward, without the aid of gravity.
- I won't comment on the lash growth claims, ha. Myristoyl pentapeptide-17 is supposed to stimulate keratin production... googling will show promo materials from the manufacturer and a US patent application on the use of peptides in stimulating lash growth. All of that is no guarantee of efficacy, but there does seem to be some science behind it all.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown
- The lash boosting serum part definitely has been showing signs of it working. I have been using the eye-liner for few months now, and my lashes have definitely grown in length - particularly my lower lashes, despite that I only put it on my upper lid. I was able to see the results within few weeks though.
- Very fine, precise, and controlled brush tip. This was my first liquid eye-liner, so I was a bit nervous about it (I've only used pencil and crayon before)... but it was very easy to use. Nice controlled, fine lines.
- The liner stays on throughout the day. I'm not sure about the "24-hour" deal, but as long as you're not sweating your head off, or rubbing your eyes out constantly, I think it stays on well for the most part. I have oily skin, so this is very nice.
- For the price, I think it's a very good deal. It's lasted me a while, and I use it very frequently. AND the serum part has certain shown to work. Not to mention it's cheaper than many other eye-liners.
- The lid!! I'm not sure if it's the way I opened it at first, or maybe I had a defective one... but, my first one (my second one is fine) - the top/ lid/ cap would not stay on. I put it in my little pouch to carry it in my bad, and the top came off on its own, which I didn't know about for a few days, so the tip dried up! Thankfully, I was able to revive it by wetting it, and keeping it flipped upside down, etc. And after that I kept a piece of tape around it.
(But my second one's top seems to stay on...)
- There's a sensation to the serum, just like any other serum. It kind of feels cool (temp wise) and may feel tingly and possibly stingy a little. If you don't want that, this probably isn't the product for you. I've used different serums before, so it doesn't bother me, but the first time I've tried an eyelash serum, it caught me by surprised.
I think that it does its job well and serves as a nice eye-liner, especially for the price. I think that they fixed the top, so the top coming off won't be a problem anymore.
I have purchased my 2nd one, and would recommend it to others.