Maybelline • Great Lash Mascara • Mascara
|Would buy this product again.||26%|
Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Hair: Black Eyes: Brown
This product did absolutely nothing for me in addition to being clumpy.
I would be better off spending a little more money on a better quality mascara.
Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive Hair: Black Eyes: Brown
I'm not sure why this product has gotten such good reviews from various magazines because quite frankly I don't think it works. I have very small lashes and need as much volume as I can get, but this didn't provide it. Unless you have a lot of lashes to begin with, it's not worth getting. Just save your money!
Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair Hair: Blond Eyes: Hazel
This isn't a bad little product for the money--as long as I'm not wearing it very long.
(1) Considering that mascara should be replaced every 3 mo. due to bacteria, this is much less expensive than many other brands.
(2) goes on easily and more evenly than more expensive mascara has on me; doesn't clump on me as bad as more expensive mascara has
(3) lengthens my lashes a little (but not too much--gives a natural length look)
(4) does not irritate my sensitive eyes (mascara which was much more $$ did irritate my eyes--this is a biggie for me)
(5) gives my lashes a thicker look than a lot of more expensive mascara and did it without requiring multiple layers
(6) cleans off easily
(1) doesn't stay put: definitely does create raccoon look under your eyes by the end of the day--which is very bad.
Summary: I wear this mascara only when I know I'll have it on for a relatively short time (less than 5 hours) and can take it off before the mascara can migrate to my skin.
Notes that might affect my experience versus others:
(1) Directly after applying mascara, I take a Kleenex and "bat" my lashes against it--this does a great job of removing any excess mascara that would otherwise quickly move to my under-eye area.
(2) I keep moisturizer away from my under-eye area when I'm wearing mascara as the water/oil in the moisturizer will inevitably attract the mascara when I blink.
(3) I avoid trying to put too many layers on as it always means pieces of mascara coming off.
Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium Hair: Blond Eyes: Hazel
I really have a love hate relationship with this mascara. I wear contact lenses, and I need a very good waterproof mascara. I tried this after reading good reviews from celebrities and normal people. My verdict is that if my eyes water just a little bit, IT ALL COMES OFF! It is incredibly annoying when I put on my mascara and ten minutes later it is running down my cheek. BUT, on the days my eyes do not water, this mascara lengthens my lashes a lot. Not much volume though. I will not re-buy.
Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Hair: Blond Eyes: Brown
It's useless. It doesn't curl, lengthen, volumize, or define, yet it smudges and runs. I personally think the pink and green packaging is outdated and tacky. Just not a good mascara!
Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair Hair: Brunette Eyes: Brown
I absolutely HATE this mascara. It is one of those mascaras that really only works once in a blue moon. To me it reminds me of an old Cell Phone service commercial where the guy is standing on a chair on top of his desk leaning out his open window with his hand outstretched toward the sky only to have 1 bar of service. Maybelline's Great Lash Mascara is a lot like that service. It would be a great mascara if it worked the same way all the time...but because its fluctuates so much in its results, I has made me despise it. The only thing that usually stays the same is the amount of clumps on the brush, and how it clumps my lashes together. If I could give this mascara 0 stars. I would. It flakes and the brush is horrible. The only thing it has going for it is the color and the price. It is honestly beyond me how this mascara could have been voted "America's #1 Mascara"
Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Hair: Brunette Eyes: Brown
Cheap, lasts forever, is a classic and comes in many colours.
This mascara works better than any other I have tried. I have blackest black which is amazing and curls, lengthens and doesn't clump. It doesn't smudge or fade or flake, but easily wipes off with a facecloth in the shower. A great value for money, or a cheap mascara to throw in your bag.
Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium Hair: Brunette Eyes: Brown
I will never understand all the hype there is on this product. Yes, it's cheap. But in this case, you get what you pay for. Sure, I'll buy this product if I'm in a pinch and forgot to take some mascara with me when I travel, but I wouldn't waste the money to buy this for everyday. I have to apply about 4 or 5 coats just to get my lashes to the size as one coat of many others.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive Hair: Brown Eyes: Brown
This is my first review so hello everyone, Got this on a whim in a 3for2 sale in the UK, truly one of the worst mascaras I've ever used.
I actually quite like the brush & used with a better mascara it works very well but this is just too runny, the colors good & the packaging is cute but it just doesn't work. shame on you maybelline!
Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green
I bought this like everyone else believing the hype from magazines. I bought this in clear and waterproof black and I hate it. I can possibly use the clear one as a brow comber and primer type thing on my lashes but the regular mascara does nothing for me. Don't be fooled, this stuff sucks, don't buy it.