Bobbi Brown • Pot Rouge for Lips and Cheeks in Cabo Coral • Blush
|Would buy this product again.||75%|
Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black
I love this particular shade, and it's very flattering on my NC30 skin. The staying power is also phenomenal, this lasts for up to 12 hours on me, and it gives me a very natural flushed look that are sometimes hard to achieve w/ a powder blush. The pigmentation is outstanding so I only use a little amount and it's sufficient enough for both of my rounded (and admittedly big) face. The reasons that I didn't give this 5 stars are the ff:
1. It's not easy to blend w/ fingers or even a foundation brush since it tends to ruin my foundation that way. I find that this is easier to apply and blend using a sponge. With dabbing motions I can control the amount of pigment and the area of color around my cheeks.
2. The consistency of the cream is very hard, so it's difficult to use this as a lip tint. This dries out my lips so I only use this on my cheeks.
2. The packaging. I dislike the screw-top, this would be better if the cover flips open like the cream blushes of NARS. Or better yet, if this comes in a stick form since that would be hygienic.
3. The scent. This has a sort of minty scent that I don't like. I don't mind scented cosmetics but some of the BB makeup have this minty scent that makes my nose twitch.
4. The price. I think the amount of product justifies the price, as well as the color pay-off. My big problem is the amount of product (.38 fl.oz/11ml ), even if I use this everyday I wouldn't put much dent on it even after a year. And cream blushes (or any cream product, especially w/ bad packaging) goes bad after a year or so, don't expect this to last for up to 2 years, this will definitely become hard what w/ opening and closing the screw-top and exposing the "whole" product to air . I've only owned this blush for a couple of months, I'm going to use this until it goes bad and I believe a lot of cream will be left, and it would be such a waste to throw this away w/ a significantly large amount of cream left. Hopefully BB will re-create this and place it a smaller pot and lesser price.
I really do love the shade though, so only 4 stars.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green
While I love the color, I find it tricky to apply, and not long lasting at all. I thought since my skin was dry, a creamy blush would look/wear better. I was not correct, the dryness of my skin seems to suck up the product and make it dissappear even faster.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown
Cabo coral is a very pretty coral pink color, not as bright and pink as calypso coral, which makes it a lot more wearable on me (nc42). The main reason why I fell in love with cabo coral was because it looked like a matte version of nars torrid on me. Sometimes I would want to wear torrid, but I found the shimmer too much for daytime, and since it's a cream, it just blends very nicely into my skin. If I ever run out of it, I would definitely repurchase.
Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal Hair: Brunette Eyes: Hazel
This product works well for me when I use bobbi's face blender brush. I dip the bristle tips into the pot rouge and then swirl on the apples of my cheeks and up to the temples. Then I blend by using my huge NARS brush. It looks natural. A great color for summer.
Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green
When the corals came out for summer I REALLY wanted the shimmer brick, but I have huge pores on my cheeks (probably not as huge as I think they are, but still...) so the artist at the counter used the pot rouge in cabo coral, and i fell in love!!! It's a nice warm change from using peony on the apples of my cheeks, and gives me a great sunkissed glow. I love love love this!
Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium Hair: Blond Eyes: Green
I really really like this as a blush. Its so pretty and gives a natural pop/glow of color. I'm pretty into straight pink but I was pleasantly surprised with this coral. Its not too orange at all. Its got great texture and is easy to apply and blend out. I use my fingers rather than a brush. I don't love it for lip color though...too dry.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown
Great peachy colour on my NC35-40 skin, like the non-shimmer-ness (is there such a word lol) - I think i have already grown out of shimmer and matte blushes always attract me. There is plenty in the pot so even with the high-end price it will last you quite some time. I do have to reapply after a few hours, but that does not bother me. Looks quite nice on my lips too, and there is a surprising amount of colour even though my lips are rather pigmented. Would be interested to try other pot rouges.
Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown
This is my first coral product ever. I have light olive skin and i never thought i could wear corals. BB proved me wrong. This shade is SO pretty and fresh looking. Very glowy without looking shiny, perfect for daytime and night time i punch it up with a powder on top. lovely looking, will be thinking of other pot rouges to buy soon! only prob with Cabo coral for me is i can't wear it on my lips sadly.. washes me out. About the packaging, nice but if you drop the lid it may crack like mine did. Luckily Nordstrom gave me a lid from one tester!! otherwise it would have dried out real fast.
Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal Hair: Brunette Eyes: Other
I purchased this as soon as it came out. In the pot the color is nothing special (imo). however once it is applied to the apples of my cheeks, it imparts a natural peachy glow that looks so glowy. Pot Rouges are highly pigmented, so only a little dab will do. Thus, this product will last a lifetime. I generally like to apply this with my fingers and dab and roll it on. I also like this dabbed onto lips for a nice natural look. Great for summer time. Pair this with a contoured cheek and a golden highlighter and you are a beach bronzed goddess!
Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel
I'm neutral/cool (NW15) and Cabo Coral works surprisingly well for me. Cabo looks is a clear, bright peach shade (vibrant peach, more orange than pink or brown) that goes on very sheer and can be layered to increase impact. I've worn it for the past two days and it gives me a warm radiance and glow to my skin. I stain my lips with a thin layer and top off with a clear gloss to coordinate with my cheeks .
Application tip for fair complexions:
1. use a firm blush brush or kabuki and gently tap the end into the blush to pick up a tiny, tiny amount of product.
2. Buff the brush on a flat surface (inside of the lid) to distribute the blush evenly on the bristles. This prevents a streaky, blotchy application.
3. Lightly stipple (patting) and swirl the brush onto cheeks.