Nuxe • Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils • Lip Treatments
|Would buy this product again.||75%|
Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black
* My Lips - Normal(ish), drier in the winter
* Review – This lip balm is well-regarded and highly-rated and for good reason, it effectively moisturizes without feeling heavy, greasy or gross. It nourishes, repairs, soothes and protects the lips with honey, plant oils, shea butter, and grapefruit essence. Lips are softened and smooth. I find this to be great for priming the lips before lipstick application. Since I'm not a fan of applying lip balm with my finger, I try to use a retractable lip brush to apply. Note that if your lips are severely damaged, cracked or painful, I don’t think this would work well enough to adequately remedy those symptoms.
* Cons - No SPF and while the glass pot has heft and looks pretty, it can be a bit unhygienic.
* Price - A generous glass pot retails for around €12. Available at all pharmacies and parapharmacies.
* Tip - For extra soft lips, gently exfoliate with a drop or two of your favorite carrier oil (i.e., jojoba, olive, sweet almond, etc) with a generous pinch of sugar at least once a week or more often as needed. Follow-up by protecting lips with lip balm.
* Verdict – While this may not be *the* lip balm to beat all lip balms, it's certainly the most elegant lip balm I've tried so far. Recommended.
** UPDATE ** - I don't know if it's common but I've noticed that the product tends to get "gritty" towards the end. This has been my experience with both the pot and stick format. Still works for me though. Perhaps this is the honey crystallizing? Like real pot of honey often does over time? :)
Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue
I use this balm nightly and wake up with smoothe lips. It has a slightly gritty texture when first applied, but after a minute my lips melt the balm and it smoothes out. This balm makes me feel luxurious. I will absolutely repurchase when needed.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black
OK but I've tried better
Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Hair: Brown Eyes: Brown
An absolutely disappointing product. I've been reading so many positive reviews on this balm, but after 2 weeks of using it every night I'd say my lips look even worse than before. They used to be just dry, now some kind of crust's appeared on them!
Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown
This is a good night lip balm to repair lips/for preventive care. Although it smells and tastes more like lemons to me, not honey. It is thick and sort of waxy as some other reviewers have mentioned and not really shiny.
I wouldnt put it in my purse or anything but I apply it every night before bed and wake up to smooth soft supple lips with no cracking and I dont get that weird white stuff in the corners of my lips like I do with some other balms. It should last a year only applying before bed, so it is worth the cost.
EDIT: I bumped down my rating because my pot has gotten extremely gritty, as though it's an exfoliant~ my husband hates it now and even though I know that you can stick it in hot water, to try to get the sugar to melt again, I shouldnt have to do that...
You can apply it gritty and rub it in to get the exfoliating benefits and then try to rub off the grit.
Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark Hair: Black Eyes: Brown
This is pricey, but a pot should last a year. You don't need a lot of it and it stays put. If I put it on before bed, when I wake up in the morning, it's like I just put it on. Leaves a matte finish. It looks very natural over a lip stain.
Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair Hair: Blond Eyes: Green
You need to rub this balm a little bit between your fingers to warm it up a little bit so it will be absorbed. It is an excellent balm to apply before bed because it will stay on and by morning your lips will be completely hydrated. It does last a long time and if you work it out to price per use it is not all that expensive. Worth it.
Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown
I forgot I had this! I bought it on a whim and used it for about 1 year. I even put some in a smaller plastic container and kept it in my bag.
It would moisturize my lips beautifully. It had a great smell, but somehow the smell changed after about 3 months into something sweet but indescribable.
The bad part is that after about 1 year of use, it started smelling a little acrid and I dared not use it any longer on my lips. I had about half the jar left, so I used it to soften my cuticles. I must add that I always dipped CLEAN fingers and never dipped them twice (you know, jar->lips->jar again).
It is really bad, because I didn't buy it cheap and it lasted so little. For that little time it did a very good job, though.
Now I am using a noname beeswax product made in a local monastery. It is the absolute BEST and dirt-cheap!
Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green
LOVE this lip product! It stays on without being sticky, protects, and is super moisturizing. Everything I am looking for in a lip balm. I will definitely be purchasing again.
Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown
Excellent lip treatment! I had lip blisters and my pharmacist initially gave me a pharmaceutical treatment but I didn't like its ingredients (cancer and petroleum in a tube). When looking for something more natural, this balm caught my eye and along with another natural ingredient based product really helped me to recover from blisters within a week! It does have a waxy texture, but I don't mind since it does its job. I got used of it now. It makes a great base for thick lipsticks too. Also, I found another use: I put some in my runny nose when I caught a cold. Its waxy texture prevented my nose from getting red and chapped! Def my HG lip balm!!