Revlon • Nearly Naked Foundation • Foundations
|Would buy this product again.||59%|
Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel
Not a good foundation. The pros: seems to have good staying power and pretty good coverage for a "naked" foundation. The cons:If you have dry skin like i do though, it's not the greatest because it does seem to settle in fine lines (particularly around the mouth, on me at least), and only after less than an hour, and worse, it emphasized pores around my nose and lower cheeks, and honestly my pores aren't even that bad. It also had a tacky feel to the touch, even a couple of hours after applying it. The biggest problem I had was finding a color match, and it also seemed to oxidize and turn orange-ish on me in about 20-30 minutes. I have olive/yellowish undertones, and Revlon recommended (on their site) either the color "Shell" or "Fresh Beige" for me. Well, Shell is too light, and Fresh Beige is too dark, and I don't want to have to buy 2 bottles just to mix and get a color match (plus it probably wouldn't matter anyway, because of the aforementioned oxidization). Plus, even though i'm half Asian with yellow undertones, it was too yellow. I don't like the bottle (it needs a pump, and the cap is inexplicably hard to twist open), and for a drugstore foundation, it's kinda pricey as well (Revlon generally is).
Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium Hair: Other Eyes: Other
I do not wear foundation! Clogs pores, boyfriend hates it so... I just stopped wearing it. I gave my MAC foundation to my sister because of its white ashy tone (NC45). I went to find black opal stick foundation in RiteAid but Revlon was on 75% mark downs ($2.50). I'm a sucker for a bargain so I hastily bought it. I initially picked up the caramel color but I got toast instead.Wow! It was perfect. This formula is light and the name says it all. I'm going to buy more tomorrow while this sale is on. I will not try anything else for a while. Hopefully my bf likes it as well.
Must try if you don't like the cake face look and you want a nice smooth even tone!
Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive Hair: Black Eyes: Black
I like a light foundation on my face and light to medium coverage. I was excited about getting this foundation it gives me a dewy kinda look definitely not matte because of my dry skin.I like the feel as if nothing is on my face and I get that with this foundation. However if I don't use my setting powder in my t-zone it gets me really oily and I don't really like that. It lasts all day and overall its an awesome product!
Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair Hair: Red Eyes: Hazel
Alright, first off, let's talk about my skin type. I have combination skin on the less finicky end of the scale. Some slightly dry patches, normal around the outside of my face, and oily in my t-zone. I don't break out too easily from foundations, more so powder face products. When I tried this, I was looking for a dupe for the oh-so-loved Naked skin foundation from Urban Decay. But hey, we all were right? The color looked decent (being that I'm fairer than most), so I picked it up. I believe I got it for around $8 which I am now realizing was ridiculous. It looked good when I first applied it so I had high hopes. After having it on for all of 20 minutes, my face was an oil slick! It was greasy and patchy and had turned a completely different color. I always laugh at people's ridiculous claims from my favorite foundations but I kid you not, this was the most ridiculous thing I had ever experienced. I tried it a few other times with various primers, sprays, setting powders, etc., and it made absolutely no difference. Sorry Revlon, this was a flop for me.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black
My everyday foundation! Love how lightweight it feels, definitely that "nearly naked" feeling. Coverage: Buildable. Can range from light to medium coverage.
Although I wouldn't count it as my holy grail. Still feel like I could find something better out there but until then I'd repurchase.
Breaks me out. Totally thought other factors were contributing to my acne but eventually pinpointed the source to this particular foundation.
For reference I have acne-prone, sensitive and dry skin.
Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium Hair: Brunette Eyes: Brown
I like this foundation! It is quite light, but like the description says, I think it is somewhat build able. Really, for me personally, one layer is enough, maybe another under and around the eyes. It has some great staying power, I was surprised. It's like a lighter version of color stay. I like the way it feels on my skin better than color stay, which really feels like I've put paint on my face sometimes. The color is a pretty good match. I used vanilla and it's a bit lighter but I prefer to go a bit lighter than too dark. I would recommend this to people who are okay not having a very full coverage foundation that feels nice and light on the face.
Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown
Even though I'm only giving the Nearly Naked three stars, this is definitely something I'd repurchase and keep as part of my foundation stash.
I purchased this about a month ago (for a buck and some change thanks to my Walgreens points :) and would gladly have paid full price.
1. This is extremely lightweight. I feel like I'm wearing nothing. The texture reminds me of MUFE Face and Body (but without the breakouts!) or MAC Face and Body (but with far more coverage and pigmentation and not nearly as watery.)
2. I am combo/oily but I find that I really don't need to powder this down right now. (It's winter in the Southwest so very dry. I don't know how this will function in the summer.
3. Despite the fact that I am EXTREMELY, EXTREMELY sensitive to cyclopentasiloxane, this has not broken me out. I got the idea to try it from another MUAer who is sensitive to 'cones but had success with this. When I say I'm sensitive to cylcops, I mean ... I wore the Maybelline Fit Me to the movies and had six large pimples on my cheeks by the time the movie ended. This is NOT an exaggeration. No such problems here.
4. The color is very forgiving (See more on this in "cons" below.)
1. Hey Revlon, you usually do pretty well on the shade range? What's with the range for this line? The darkest shade in this is Cappuccino. I am NW50. This is too yellow for me ... BUT, and this is a big one, it is sheer enough that lightly dusted with a pressed powder in a slighter warmer shade, I get a flawless ( but not heavily made up) look. If you are darker than NW45, this shade will likely be off for you but you can make it work. (A bronzer or blush would work, too.)
Overall, I'm pretty happy with this. I like that it's not a "make a long haul to Sephora or Ulta" purchase and is reasonably priced. I also like that it's a fair replacement for MUFE F&B (which I LOVE but breaks me out. :(
Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair Hair: Blond Eyes: Blue
I enjoy this, its light, buildable, and doesn't dry me out.
I have very dry, acne prone skin; i didnt notice any long term improvements to my skin, but no problems either. color matched perfectly.
Mine is almost a year old and its life is almost over, after a few hours it gets a bit flaky.
I wish makeup companies made half sized bottles too so it wouldn't go bad.
Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown
This foundation has been hyped about by many of my teenage friends and by so many youtuber/bloggers so I decided to get it and decide what i thought about it for myself. I got this in nude and the colour is a good match for my neutral toned skin.
First of all, I love this foundation because it looks very natural which is exactly what I need for school. The coverage is light but covers most of my scars and spots but doesn't feel like I'm wearing a mask which is how I felt when wearing revlon colourstay.
I didn't break out from this at all during the week that I have worn it.
Staying power is pretty good it lasts for 6 hours before my forehead and nose starts looking a bit shiny but the rest of my face stays the same so it'll probably have better results on someone with dry skin.
It has no pump!! I'm always careful to apply this because it's easy to pour out too much product. My solution is to pour it upside down on my real techniques sponge and then apply that to my face. But still...revlon needs to sort out this whole pump thing.
The price is a okaaaay. Not brilliant as you're paying £8.99 for 30ml of minimal coverage but still affordable.
Overall I gave it 4 lippies and would recommend it to others (however my friend tried it on her acne scarred face and all it did was made it more noticable so if you have severe acne, I wouldn't recommend this for you). Even with all it's good points, bourjois healthy mix is still my HG foundation.
Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown
i can't tell you how much i adore this foundation!! before this, i used revlon's colorstay foundation. i liked it but i'd say the coverage was a bit too heavy for my liking despite the hype it had received from the blogosphere
it was not until my friend introduced me to this had i dare to say i found my new HG foundation.
- very natural looking. You can't go wrong with this foundation. the nearly naked foundation won't cake you up. it gives a nice light-medium coverage. however it is buildable on more problematic areas. considering my skin is clear and i just wear foundation to just even out my skintone, this did the exact job and gave me a perfect, flawless complexion
- it is more expensive than other drugstore brands particularly here in australia retailing for 25. luckily i got it on special and picked it up for 16
- unfortunately it did oxidise throughout the day slightly
- did not control my oily skin despite being
- i'm not a huge fan of the pump free packaging. Not only is it more difficult for me to control the amount of product i use but it's also unhygienic and unsuitable to carry around in my make up bag as i do find foundation tips over onto the lid
overall i love natural looking foundations and this has been the best one yet! until i experiment with more light-medium coverage foundations that are natural looking, the revlon nearly naked foundation will remain my HG foundation