Physicians Formula • Eye booster eyeliner + serum • Eyeliner
|Would buy this product again.||86%|
Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan Hair: Black Eyes: Brown
this eyeliner doesnt live up to its claims, it didnt do anything to my ryrd or lashes. however as an eyeliner its pretty good. easy to use, no smudging etc..how ever make sure you buy it in utra black, not black because the black looks more of a grey color, bot the ultra black is a true jet black.
Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair Hair: Blond Eyes: Hazel
I'm 47 so I've been through all the liquid liner wars over the years and this product is by far my favourite - at any pricepoint! My eye skin is now dry and crepey and I've tried multiple eyeliners with less than satisfactory results, until Physician's Formula. This is, quite frankly, the best money I've spent on eyeliner. I can get a precise line, if I botch it, it's easy to remove and it does stay put once it's dried. Not something many of the other liner's I've tried can claim. My only recommendation: I'd like to see a mini or travel-size of this product come out so I can fit it in my smaller purses. How about it?
Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair Hair: Brunette Eyes: Brown
This eyeliner is perfect. It stays on all day, it's a dark opaque black and with a long, felt tip brush you can really get in near your lashes and do thin lines and thick lines. I wear thick cat eyeliner every day to my 8 hour shifts and this is great for it. It doesn't smudge, move, fade, change colour, or transfer onto the crease. I use Two Faced Shadow Insurance underneath it out of habit, but it isn't necessary for this. It's 9 dollars which was sort of hard to let go of for a drugstore eyeliner but I am so glad I did. This is by no means drugstore quality, if you have been looking for an eyeliner to do thick, super-black eyeliner that won't go anywhere, this is the product for you.
Also, this might just be my preference, but the product has a nice weight to it and it's a classy tube and it feels good to hold and use for precision. This is what I use everyday and don't think that'll change soon!
Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair Hair: Black Eyes: Brown
For me, this is the best drugstore liquid eyeliner, and the best overall eyeliner formula that I have tried to date. I have oily hooded monolids that dissolve non-waterproof eyeliners of all kinds. It is also really hard to define my eyes with liquid because it is so hard to make both eyes even. I have tried most of the waterproof liquids out there, including the formulas that are shiny and flake (milani infinite, maybelline ultra liner, etc). For me, I cannot stand how those liners FLAKE in my inner corner, have an uncomfortably sensation on my eyelids (like glue or tape), and hurt when they flake into my eye when I go to remove them. The traditional applicators (felt tip or brush) also make it really hard for me to make clean lines.
The physicians formula eyeliner really doesn't flake at all and is easy to remove with any makeup remover that is bi-phased. It also has the most accurate and easy to use tip (looks like a paint-brush) that I have ever seen. Some reviewers have complained that the liner is liquidy, not black enough, and streaks. Here are a few things I have learned that are the key to the perfect, longest lasting, and darkest eyeliner effect that I have ever achieved with liquid liner:
1) if you have oily lids, you must prime your eyes before using this product or else the liner will separate on your eyes due to the oils on your skin. I use a cream shadow, UDPP, or just a good long-wearing powder eyeshadow. If you use something that is sticky like cream shadow or UDPP, I recommend putting regular eyeshadow over that before applying liner.
2) you must shake the product well before using. This keeps the liquid from being streaky and keeps it from separating on your eyelid. I have made the mistake of not shaking it before using it and the liner always came out looking horrible.
3) you must give the liner time to dry on your eyelids. It doesn't take too long, but if you blink, the line can crack before it fully sets. If it does crack, just let it dry and then you can go back in a fill in the crack.
4) For best results, combine this liner with a black pencil liner or black eyeshadow. When I want really long lasting dark matte black eyeliner, I start by lining my eyes with a waterproof black pencil liner and then go over the line with this liquid eyeliner. This ensures no smearing or flaking for a LONG time. For day to day wear, I like to "tight line" or lightly fill in my lash line with black eyeshadow before applying the liquid. This ensures that there is no gap between the liquid eyeliner and the lash line, and I also think this makes the eyeliner last longer. For me, this is especially essential in the inner corners, where all liners tend to smear or flake. I find that applying the shadow first really prevents my inner corners from looking terrible.
5) Finally, I sometimes also set the liner with brown or black matte eyeshadow. This really prolongs the lasting power and tones down the slightly shiny look of the liquid liner. Doing this also helps to keep the liner from coming off onto my eyelash curler when I go to curl my eyelashes because it really "locks" the liner in.
Overall, this is a product that I have come to trust and have repurchased several times. I love that I can find it in most drugstores and grocery stores around the country. There are several similar Asian eyeliners (K-palette, dollywink, Clio, etc) but it is a pain to order these online. You can also find them on BOGO at drugstores all the time. As long as you follow the tips above, you can get great results with this product. I know it sounds like a pain to have these extra steps, but for me it is worth it because I don't ever need to or want to touch up my eyeliner during the day.
Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Warm Hair: Other Eyes: Other
I've been looking for a brown liquid eye liner and didn't want to get anything high end as I usually prefer black.
I decided to try PF's liner after reading the reviews and so far, it's pretty good.
The deep brown is more like a soft muted black (on my lids anyways) and the application is smooth and sleek. There's no tugging and the pigment is rich.
Best of all, it stays on all day without smudging or smearing. (my lids are rather oily)
The price is a bit steep for a drugstore eyeliner and if I find something cheaper that works just as well, I'll get it.
Age: 25-29 Skin: Other Hair: Other Eyes: Brown
My only complaint is that I wish I hadn't waited so long to try this product. After watching a few reviews and recommendations on YouTube I finally ordered it from Ulta. OMG, I love everything about this product! The applicator brush is similar to a very fine paint brush; just the right amount comes out when applying. The lasting power is very good, even on my oily eyes, though I do use a primer. My absolute favorite thing about this eyeliner is how easy it is to apply out of all the liquid, gel and cream eyeliners I've tried. I have already purchased the other colors.
Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown
Love this liner. This is the only DS product I buy, the quality is fantastic. Makes my lashes longer and more lush as well as being an amazing liner. I like to buy products that do something else more bang for your buck. The liner doesn't budge on my hot, oily lids other liners do (Bobbi gel liners ect.) By the way the key ingredient is Myristoyl Pentapeptide-17 that makes the lashes grow the same ingredient in the fancy expensive serums.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown
This is literally the best eyeliner I have tried. I've tried most of the drugstore eyeliners and some high end ones and this is budge proof and somewhat waterproof. I have oily lids not extreme though and I don't wear primer, but this eyeliner sticks through the whole day! It isn't the most black eyeliner and I have it in ultra black(I have to overlap it sometimes, but I don't even care b/c that's how good it is!) I only bought it for it's eyeliner so I'm not sure if my lashes grew. Taking it off is kind of odd though b/c it sort of crumbles off. Remember to shake it vigorously to have the best application! :]
Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black
i've tried a few drugstore pen eyeliners, and this is the best so far! very pigmented black, tip is really pointed to make winging the eyeliner very easy!
Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green
This is a fantastic eye liner. Please, all you ladies who have been tortured with finding smudge-proof liners, please - for the love of God, go out and get this liner!
FYI: MAC Fluidline SUCKS for me. It smudges on me and is a huge, royal pain in the ass to remove.
The only thing I don't like about this eyeliner is that it takes several tries for the liner to "come out". Ie. I'll be there lining my eyes and none of that ink comes out so I'll press it on the back of my hand a little more for new ink to come out.