Sally Hansen • Xtreme Wear - All Colors • Polishes
|Would buy this product again.||74%|
Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair Hair: Red Eyes: Brown
I'm a nail polish junkie so obviously I've tried my fair share of Sally Hansen products and I can honestly say, I really hate them all! However, the front runner in my list of hated products by this brand are the Xtreme wear nail polishes. I own two colors, White Out and Cherry Red I believe the names are, but both are just...horrifying. The bottles SUCK. The top is a slippery material, which I hate in general because if you get any product whatsoever on the neck of the bottle, it'll be impossible to open next time around and the brush/applicator is strangely long so I don't feel like I can get a good handle on it.
The product inside is equally as horrible, it's so gloopy and thick, it doesn't sit right on the nail and it gobs up near the cuticles. Not to mention it takes foreeeeever to dry, even with a fast drying top coat.
Seriously theeee WORST nail polish I have ever tried. Ever. Well, after the insta-dri nail polishes of course.
Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive Hair: Brunette Eyes: Brown
I usually wear darker colours, and these definitely have a good crop for picking out of! At walmart, they're about $3, and last about a week on their own. AMAZING
Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue
As a nail polish addict, those are my favourites ones from the drugstore (essie included). Great quality, good brush, totally opaque, quite good lasting and the price is sure the best part! They are always on sale and cost like 3 bucks (I don't feel the need to pay more than 10 for a nail polish when quite great ones can be found at the drugstore)! Amazing products! Would recommend it to everyone for sure.
Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue
good product, but shitty colors. i got the sunkissed (orange) one and i didn't find it too attractive. dry time is fast and formula is thin and lovely. if you happen to like the colors - go ahead and buy it.
Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive Hair: Black Eyes: Brown
By far my favourite brand of nail polish. There are so many colours to choose from and at about $2 a bottle, you can afford to get as many as you like! The formula for the majority of the colours I have are great and they dry fairly quickly. They don't chip easily which is another reason why I love these so much.
Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive Hair: Black Eyes: Brown
I love this product!.. Only when I buy a new bottle.
Pros: Nice range of colours, cheap, great with water marble, dosn't streak
Cons: Takes FOREVER to dry, it takes about 4 hours until you can actually do things, if you don't use a bottle in about 1 week, then the liquid inside becomes very GOOPY AND IT'S SO ANNOYING TO WORK WITH!!!!
I own 12 different bottles! And I would say that more than half of them are already goopy.
Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other Hair: Other Eyes: Other
I must say, I think Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear is the best cheap drugstore nail polish on the market. For $2, you get to choose from adorable colors and the formula is surprisingly resistant to chipping. However, with certain colors I have had problems with the polish becoming clumpy over time, and I couldn't rescue them, even with adding acetone. I have tried 5 different colors from this line:
1) Celeb City- my best friend recommended this absolutely gorgeous opaque silver foil to me, and it's been my go-to silver, ever since. It looks magnificent on finger and toe nails. It goes on smoothly and STAYS on your nail. I have found this color to be particularly enduring, lasting me throughout the entire week with minimal chipping.
2) Blue Me Away- This is a punchy, pop-art-like, almost electric light blue that stands out without being too neon or crazy. It has a stunning, glossy sheen. I haven't had any trouble with this clumping or applying too thick.
3) Disco Ball- After trying the previous two colors and being very impressed, I decided to give this line a shot for a clear white glitter topcoat to layer over simple glossed shades and add some sparkle to my manicure. Disco Ball worked well maybe the first two times I applied it. After that, the polish became a thick, goopy, gel-like mess in the bottle. Even adding acetone couldn't save this one! I had to throw it out.
4) Golden I- Being such a big fan of Celeb City, I had to give this one a try, and I am definitely satisfied. This shade is exactly what I was looking for, a gold version of Celeb City. It's more of a cool shade of gold, almost a bit bronze-looking.
5) Coral Reef- I was expecting a formula similar to Blue Me Away, but this is slightly too sheer and a bit clumpy when you try to apply a second coat to make it opaque. The color and finish are adorable, but sadly, I found the formula is subpar on this one.
Overall, this line is great and the price is right for trying out new nail colors. I would stick to the metallics and gloss colors and steer clear of the glitters.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown
I own about 8 different bottles of this line including some limited edition shades. They are all relatively good they last a good week and a half if you're constantly washing your hands and doing some some heavy duty work. Pastels tend to chip a lot easier, every three days most likely
but there's one bottle in the bunch that I absolutely am disappointed at in the shade Vibrant Violet :( it was one of the limited edition shades of Summer 2012, this is absolutely terrible to apply. This came out as a watercolor purple, and it's absolutely streaky when it's finished! I was disappointed because I really like the shade but I can't return it so it's going to the garbage. Thumbs down.
Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair Hair: Blond Eyes: Hazel
UPDATE: I BOUGHT 3 MORE COLOURS CAUSE I LOVE THIS NAIL POLISH SO MUCH!!
I purchased the colours Violet and Bubble gum pink (bubble gum pink is almost identical to maybelline color shows pink chiffon) they were on clearance at Walmart for $2.77. Shoppers drugmart sells this like for around $4.50, im not sure how much they go for regularly at Walmart. But either way still inexpensive. I'm quite happy with them unlike most Sally Hansen products that I find extremely disappointing. The colours are very pigmented and have great shine. They do take somtime to dry but the end result is worth it. Plus they do last which is nice cause I have huge issues with nail polish. Even the most expensive ones chip on me within a day or two. So happy to have bought these.
Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium Hair: Brown, Fine Eyes: Brown
-Pretty colors :)