Unlisted Brand • The Vitamin Shoppe Jojoba Oil • Moisturizers
|Would buy this product again.||100%|
Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium Hair: Brunette Eyes: Brown
My skin is horribly sensitive, oily, shiny, red, rough, and bumpy. It holds post-acne scars for months or even years, and loves to break out if I so much as scratch my cheek with some oil on my nail. Everywhere else on my body, from my neck down, my skin is dry as the sahara, complete with dry cracking cuticles, and keratosis pilaris. Even my hair is crunchy - and I don't heat treat or dye it at all.
I'm also pretty broke; like, very broke. So I'm always looking for my most amazing product.
Found it. FOUND IT. Oh. My. God.
1. I dropped 10 drops of this in both my shampoo and conditioner. Leaves my hair silky soft, even with daily showers.
2.If I'm showering bright and early, I put a bunch through my whole hair overnight, especially the ends.
3. I put one drop in my ends only, and over the canopy.
My hair is soft, full, shiny, and not greasy at all. For the first time in my life.
4. I use this as my day and night moisturizer every day and it is fading my red acne marks, made my skin soft and smooth, and (in addition to the rest of my very strict routine) has gotten rid of my rosacea completely. I started this product after using my same routine/products for months, so I know this is enhancing them considerably. Maybe that's because this also works as a makeup remover for even the most stubborn mascara- so no more oil-based remover run off causing breakouts. Amazing.
5. My cracked, chapped lips drink this up twice a day, and it makes my lipstick go on without flakes, and leaves them soft and supple. It also fixed my cuticles up wonderfully.
6. I use AmLactin on moderate/severe keratosis pilaris, which hurts badly, since in order for it to work (which it has) I have to use both the lotion and the cream; but if I mix two drops of this per handfull of AmLactin, it doesn't hurt, is fading the discoloration (which amlactin doesn't do) and enhances the lotion.
I did the math. By using this product for all of the above uses, bi-monthly I am saving 132.89. Not so broke anymore! I also love how people have been asking what my secret is. I only share with my friends - and you guys here at MUA, because I like that the store near me is always in stock (its so hard to find near me!)
I love this stuff. If you're considering it, go get it. Trust me. Save yourself time, money, and counter space. I swear on my life, you will not regret it!
Also, I've used vitamin shoppe's version as well as the pricer 'desert essence' and they're the same, so if you like saving money; go for the generic!
Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue
This stuff ROCKS! I bought this awhile ago, tried it, and got some major zits that refused to go away. Left this oil on the shelf for a long while.
Just recently, I came up w/ a way that this oil works wonderfully for me. My skin is very dry, and, yes, I am a woman of a certain age. But today I examined my skin in natural light, and I dare say my skin have never, ever looked better.
After washing w/ microfiber cloth, I apply my formula.
My formula: I fill a 2 oz. spray/pump dispenser with olive oil say 1.5 oz PLUS .5 oz of Desert Essence Oil. I combine two pumps of oil w/ Nivea Soft creme.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium Hair: Brunette Eyes: Blue
I have ance-prone/sensitive/oily skin and have had a lot of trouble finding a facial moisturizer that isn't too oily or too drying. I put this on my skin seconds after buying it and it felt like my skin said "FINALLY!Thank you!" I ave been using oil-free moisturizers for so long and would have never thought about putting oil on my skin. You only need 1-2 drops for your entire face and neck, so a 4 ounce bottle will last forever. It hasn't broken me out yet and my skin looks less red. At seven dollars, it's a steal!
Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue
This is just as great as the Desert Essence brand Jojoba Oil. I add this to my leave in hair conditioner and it makes my hair so shiny and silky. I also use this on my face at night as a moisturizer. It is a little greasy but it does absorb more into my skin as I sleep. I use a lot of different oils in my hair and skin, this but also avocado oil and squalane oil. All are great!