|Would buy this product again.||30%|
Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown
2. Many colors
1. Did not last long
2. The shadow can be easily wiped out when you applying another color onto another color. To overcome, need to dab the color on the lid many times.
Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium Hair: Blond Eyes: Green
I bought this product on sale for $25.00, it was half-off. It's not the best quality but it's definatley not the worst. Over all I'm really happy with this product. It's very fun to mess with and the eye shadows are wonderful. It has many fun colors but also lots of neutrals to use daily. The blushes show perfectly on my skin and are very pretty colors.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue
I really wanted to have the Sephora blockbuster this year after seeing it online, even though the reviews I read were not that super. I bought it anyway and I'm really glad I did! I bought it mainly for the eyeshadows which are beautiful and mostly really pigmented. It contains a broad range of colors and finishes. The only downside is that some of the eyeshadows are quite loose so you have to be a bit careful if you don't want eyeshadow everywhere.
The lipglosses are okay, not great but good enough to finish your look and nice to try if you're not sure which lipcolors suit you.The blushers are suitable for most skin colors and very nice and long-lasting, but one (the lightest) is quite loose as well, which makes it a bit messy. The eyeliners are really creamy and nice to work with and the eye pencils work well too. I haven't tried the mascara yet. The brushes suck, but I also didn't expect anything from those!
It's a good buy if you, like me, are into the eyeshadows and like to have a wide variety of colors in 1 palette. The other things in it are nice extras.
Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination Hair: Brown Eyes: Brown
Just recieved mine in the mail (btw Sephora ships fast) anyway I did a lot of research as I do with any purchase and the responses were mixed. So I took the chance and I'm happy I did the colors are very pretty and swatch out pretty close to the displayed color. The lip gloss also was more pigmented than I expected it to be with colors from pink to blue!
Also the gel liners were wonderful going on nice and smooth and has good staying power the watch didn't come off all day even after washing my hands numerous times. Needless to say that it was a great deal! Sorry that the blockbuster palettes weren't nice the last few years guess they got the memo because they di a pretty good job!!!
Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark Hair: Black Eyes: Brown
I can't say how this (2011 palette) compares to the previous ones, but I've just bought the new one recently and so far I love it! There are a few issues here and there, but nothing that would make or break the palette for me.
The colors are really gorgeous, and many of them are things I would not normally buy. But if they start to scare me a bit or I don't feel they're appropriate for a certain day, there are plenty of beautiful neutrals to choose from that can give me a more toned down look. All the shadows I've tried so far have great color payoff, and last well on my oily lids even without primer. The only problem is that the more shimmery colors have MASSIVE fallout. The worst that I've ever seen in an eyeshadow. The eyshadows are soft, just a step above loose pigments, so not all of it sticks to your lids. The easiest solution to this is to apply it in little bits at a time and not load your brush up with a lot of product at once, then pat it on your lid instead of sweeping it across. All the fallout can also easily be swept away with a big fluffy brush, and/or covered up with your foundation or concealer.
As for the lip glosses...they all look great in the packaging, and some of them look okay on the lips, but it takes A LOT of product in order for the colors to show up at all, and that is a bit disappointing. So far the blushes are a similar story, but I'm going to keep playing with them and see if I can get them to show up more.
I've tried one of the gel liners, and so far I like it. It's not the darkest one I've ever tried, but it gets the job done, and looks perfect if set with the one matte black eyeshadow that comes with the set. The mascara doesn't do much for my lashes other than darken them, and I have yet to try the pencil liner.
All in all, this is a great palette, especially for the price. I was revamping my makeup collection after throwing out old products I wasn't using anymore, and this is a great start. I bought it primarily for the eyeshadow, and for that reason, I'm very satisfied with my purchase, and pleased that the other products in the kit are not a total let down. This thing is worth almost $500, and is selling at less than $50. What have you go to lose?
Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Hair: Brunette Eyes: Brown
I LIKE, not love, this palette.
Works well with a cream primer. If not better wet. Difficult to blend at times. It does take more care and effort to apply. Pat on for best results.
I almost use everyday. So many colors.
Lipsticks are nice and vibrant. They last long.
Have tried blushes.
Pencil liners were like crayons.
Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Hair: Black Eyes: Brown
I was really excited to get this product because there were so many shadows/lip glosses included. After I bought it and tried it on at home, however, the quality was just horrible! The shadows weren't that pigmented even with primer. They didn't stay on that long and just pretty much faded quickly. I was going to return it but my mom ended up wanting it so I ended up giving it to her to replace her old palette. I was extremely dissatisfied with this palette.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium Hair: Brown Eyes: Brown
Horrible product! Was so excited to get home and try it, but once i did it was only a dissapointment. The colors did not go on well at all, not even with a primer. Had horrible fallout, but most of all i regret spending $80 on it. So eventually i gave it to my mom, and she doesnt even use it.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan Hair: Brunette Eyes: Hazel
I was super excited to get this, but it's been pretty disappointing. The eyeshadows don't have much pigment, and basically all they do is make my eyelids look shimmery. The blush/bronzer don't have much pigment either.I haven't worn the lipglosses/lipsticks because they don't last long and they have a waxy consistency. I think this might be a good gift to give to a little girl who likes playing with makeup, but that's about it. My drugstore cosmetics are much better quality than this.
Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown
WTF was Sephora thinking releasing something like this? wet n' wild eyeshadows are better than this crap. Pssshhh, i ended up returning it. BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK. There's a reason why the rating is so low.
Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive Hair: Black Eyes: Brown
I purchased the kit on Wednesday and have been playing around with the colors for the last few days. My skin color is a tan coffe brown, so I need make-up that has a fairly good pigment load. So this is my analysis:
Eyeshadow (overall rating: 3/5; cool shades: 4/5, warm shades: 2/5)
- On the whole, the cool-toned eyeshadows worked quite amazing on me! I loved the blues, greens, purples etc. The colors came on nicely, and I had alot of fun with them. The light pinks didn't really show up on me, and I would probably use those colors as a highlighter on my face.
- The warm tones were somewhat disappointing. There were a couple of colors that I was very excited to try out - like the shimmiring dark gold. The colors didn't show up as as brightly as I would have liked them to, but they do show up (i.e. the colors aren't just with fillers, there is a somewhat descent pigment load - just not the amount I wished it to be).
- My test for good pigment load is when I can load my brush with a color and dab it on my eye and get a good amount of color that doesn't require me to keep reloading. The cool tones had a good amount of pigment load, and the warm tones were (as mentioned) disappointing
- To put the eyeshadows into perspective, I am wearing a combination of light pink, a deep rust, and the shimmering dark gold. I got compliments from my colleagues, but I don't feel like it was my best art work - the colors didn't make me feel like I wanted to today: crazy casual friday. (i.e. the colors didn't have the zing I wanted - the zing I can get from wearing stila wet or shimmering metalics from Bobby Brown or Smashbox)
- on a final note for eyeshadows, the up-side of this palette is that there are SOOO many colors, and so many nice shades that are very similar (eg: beautiful range of turqouise and sap greens) - so, there is no worry if you use up a shade as there is always a close replacement.
- The reason that I gave the cool tones a 4/5 rating is because I didn't like the feel of the eyeshadows as much I enjoy the feel of my mineral eyeshadows from MAC. I found that there was some kind of an irritant in one or more of the colors - I don't know which color it is as I was playing around with pallete, but I did get a very slight rash from one of the eye shadows.
Liquid Eye Liner (overall rating: 3.75/5)
- I loved the liquid liners. They glided on easily, and smudged into the eyeshadow very nicely.
- I found the turqouise, green, and brown liners came on vibrantly and were so much fun to work with.
- I found the light purple liner disappointing - it looked like a lip gloss for the eyes...
- The reason I have rated this as a 3.75/5 is because although the liners on the whole were alot of fun and vibrant, they were a bit difficult to remove. I put a bit on my hand and tried washing it off with soap and water. The liners required a bit of scrubbing inorder to be removed - which translates to alot of rubbing with eye makeup remover and possibly the need for stronger chemicals to remove the product completely from the eyes.
Lip Pencils / blush / bronzer / masquara (rating: N/A)
- I haven't tried these products out
Lip Gloss (overall rating: 3/5)
- there are some really cool colors in here (like a goldy yellow lip gloss and a bronzy one). These are great for an evening out with friends, your beloved, or just having fun. (If you liked smashbox's masquarade line, you will love this gloss color as it is a stunning yet subtle gold similar to what they have)
- However, the vast majority of the colors didn't really look all that different on my face. They added a cute sheen, but there was no real noticeable difference among many of the lip glosses.
- the dark and bright glosses do come out remarkably, I should add. The burgundy one was stunning, as were the deep reds and bright reds, fusias, and (as mentioned) the yellows/golds and bronzes. I liked the purples, but they were just ok with my skin tone (as were the candy pinks). The rest of the colors are pretty much the same when putting them on.
- there are a few fun sparkly ones that are great if you have kids or want to just want a fun gloss wit a bit of princesy sparkels. Note, though, the sparkles are very subtle.
- The reason I gave this a 3 rating is because apart from the fact that some of the colors don't show up on my face, the glosses are tacky and do dry up the lips. To me, this is a deal breaker...
Brushes (rating: 0.5/5)
- the brushes are crap. On any other day, i would have been heartless and give it a 0/5. However, it's friday and well they do get the job done (just don't get the job done well ;) ).
So, overall I give this product a 3/5 because:
- some of the eye make up was (in my opinion) just not up to par with similar lines of makeup (both in quality and manageability (i.e. blending ability));
- tackiness and limited variation on the glosses;
- the fact that there is this huge case of makeup where only half of the products (in my opinion) are actually worth having; and,
- the general feel of the makeup on my face (remember, I didn't test the bronzer or blushes) was inferior to other products taht I currently own.
I hope this was helpful!!!
Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown
Thanks for the reveiws. I was in Sephora the other day and this kit caught my eye. While I was looking at it one of the salespeople came over and said I should buy it now as they will be sold out by November. Her sense of urgency took hold of me and I thought "heck, I better buy this", but I had come to Sephora to buy some specific products that I needed and this kit wasn't in the budget. I left thinking I would probably get it next time. Thank God I read the reveiws here first and saved myself the money.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan Hair: Black Eyes: Brown
So like a lot of people, I was tempted by the price and the colorful eyeshadows + lipglosses, So I bought it last year during the holiday season. BIG BIG regret... I could have bought 3-4 drugstore eyeshadow with $50 and be so much happier... The quality is super crappy, the eyeshadow is very easy to fall out and crease like crazy, even with primer on, and the color is just... well... ugly... The lip gloss is in very weird colors and super tacky... Basically, this palette is a waste of money with 0 value... I hope no one would ever purchase this again!
Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue
Oh dear...where do I start...
First of all, this is a sephora insider gift, so I didn't pay anything for it. (my mom also gave it to me, I wonder why...)
And thank God I didn't pay anything for it, because I wouldn't give much for this.
The palette I have contains a fair number of eyeshadows, a couple lip colours, a few transluciant powders / blushes / bronzers and a mascara.
This is absolute crud. The eyeshadows have NO pigmentation, are muddy and murkey, fall ALL over the place leaving a huge mess and are just plain ugly. The worst thing is this is first palette I have ever owned (besides a little Rimmel one when I was young...) so I thought all shadows were supposed to be that way. Well THANK YOU Smashbox for illuminating my life. Ahem...on to other things...
The lip colours are decent, but that's probably because I am inexperienced with lip colour and don't know how they should look / feel really...
The mascara is just terrible and we'll leave it at that.
And the transluciant pouder and blushes and what not are half decent, but still absolute crud.
SO, don't get this. Just don't. Or give it to your 5 year old daughter who is experimenting with make-up.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel
I think I bought this in mid/late 2008, expecting something somewhat worthy of the pricetag? However, I'm confirming what the others before me have said, it is nearly comparable to the dollar-store palettes that you'd find for tweens - not that there's anything wrong with them, but that's not what this palette was marketed as. I believe there were no reviews for it when it was released at the time, so I didn't have anything to go off of, and there wasn't one in stock at my local Sephora to examine.
I was expecting shadows that the Sephora brand offers - not amazing, but decent color payoff and quality. The glosses/"cream eyeshadows" are like wax, and the shadows are pallid and cakey. I've since reevaluated it and I suppose I could use it for something, but for the past two years it has served as a pretty paperweight on top of a shelf which seems incredibly wasteful. I think this serves as a testament to the fact that we should all save our money for things of value to us, instead of throwing it away on cheap products in favor of quantity rather than quality. A lesson learned, if nothing more.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily Hair: Black Eyes: Brown
Apparently Sephora makes one of these almost every season. The one I have was purchased in 2007, and I've probably used it a total of twice. The quality is terrible. I can't believe Sephora would sell something so cheap. The glosses are sticky and difficult to apply, and the eyeshadows are not pigmented at all. Remember those cheap palettes we all had when we were little girls? The ones that our moms purchased from the dollar store so we wouldn't play with their makeup? That's exactly what this stuff is. Don't waste your money.
Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan Hair: Brown Eyes: Hazel
It had its cons and pros. And one of my friends got it and sent it back (Thank goodness sephora has an awesome return policy!!!) i like the costal scents(sp?) 88 palette in Shimmer and Matte for around the same price.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel
In the cheme of things, this palette is good but there are some downsides. This palette is good to have as a backup when you really need a specific colour for your look. The quality isn't the greatest and the packaging isn't very functional, you have to pull the whole thing part just to get to one little thing. The brushes, lip and eye liner are gawd-awful and didn't even bother with them. I ended up returning this because the smell of the products were nauseating, it smelled like rotting fruit. All in all its an okay palette.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark Hair: Black Eyes: Brown
I'm in love with this palette. After I put my urban decay primer, I apply my shadow and the color really pops. I haven't tried the lips colors yet. But so far i'm satisfied.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue
I received this product as a birthday present and I love it! It has so many colors and products in one little box! I see that many people have negative comments, but I really don't think its such a terrible product. It was $48 USD, which i obviously cheap for so many colors. I find the shadows to be pigmented enough for daily wear. Obviously they are not as pigmented as MAC and Urban Decay- but this isn't a professional palette. I found that the lip colors work best when you mix them with a lip brush. The brushes aren't great- but when are those little trial bruses ever good? With the right primer and brushes, you can get a lot of great looks with this. It's a great way to play around with color, too. I only wouldn't buy it again because it's really so much makeup...I don't need two!