Egyptian Magic • Healing Cream • Skincare - Body
|Would buy this product again.||67%|
Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium Hair: Blond Eyes: Hazel
Great for pesky peeling lips. Haven't used for anything else. Not as think as Vaseline. Great for a base to soften lips prior to lipstick, etc.
I don't mind reapplying lipstick. Anything that has the power to stay on through drinking & eating I don't want on my lips anyway. They're dry enough.
Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel
At first I really loved this cream. I used it about 5 years ago after I heard many great reviews, how much it helps with sensitive and acne prone skin (YouTube videos).
You really have to use it just a pea size, rub it on your fingers (until it melts) and apply gently over your face. For the first 3 weeks my face looked really great, my skin got really clear and moisturized, even though it felt too oily under my foundation. However, after a while it clogged my pores completely and I started to break out like crazy.
So I still think this cream is amazing as a body cream but be careful when applying on your face, if you have acne-prone skin type.
Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel
This is a treatment not a daily mositurizer unless you're completely dry and dehydrated. All the ingredients in this are very healing and emollient. I use it when an area is super dry or sun burned or wrinkled. It's great for cuticles, under eye cream, lip conditioner. For exzema.
This makes a nice face mask. This is not for under makeup at all. It's a nice night cream but not for every night, it's too rich. I always have some on hand.
Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily Hair: Brunette Eyes: Brown
I got this as a sample in my birchbox and I was excited because I have heard so much about it. I have super chapped lips and I started using it nightly. It honestly did nothing to help my chapped lips and I honestly think it made them WORSE! I have reverted back to using aquaphor. Much more price friendly and works so much better.
Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown
Sounds too good to be true and it was.
I was very heavy on my oily skin and left me very greasy even the next day.
I did not notice any improvement in marks, or in my skin tone.
It does moisturize well but I will not repurchase again.
Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair Hair: Brown Eyes: Green
I've been using Egyptian Magic at night for extra moisturizing around my eyes, and it has made a huge difference to my skin. I've also used it as a lip balm and for extra moisturizing on super dry spots like my elbows, and it is wonderful. I can't imagine using it all over my face, because it seems too heavy for that, but maybe this winter when my skin gets really dry...This stuff isn't cheap, but a little goes a really long way. The packaging is not so great, as the printing on the container started to wear off almost immediately, but that seems to be the only downside. I will definitely repurchase!
Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue
This product was really moisturizing and did not make me break out, but it did seriously clog my pores after a week or two. Stopped using it on my face.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium Hair: Brunette Eyes: Brown
I've been using this product for a little over a month now and have recommended it to many people. In the jar/tub this product is a solid but once you scoop some into your hand and rub it into your fingers it turns into an oil (think if coconut oil with beeswax). I have oily and acne prone skin so I was weary to try it, but as a nightly moisturizer for my face this is wonderful. it does take a little getting used to since it is an oil after all but the benefits are well worth it. My skin has been feeling healthier, more moisturized, and more supple. it never broke me out though I can't say it helped clear up my skin either but it did allow for my topical acne creams to work well underneath this product without over drying my face! The packaging leaves much to be desired in terms of appearance but that's hardly a factor when the product is this good. It is expensive for a drugstore girl like me but I buy mine at Costco and I feel like I'm saving some money. definitely try it out. I haven't noticed my skin producing any more oil than usual.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Hair: Brunette Eyes: Blue
Iīve purchased E.M many times! Really recommend it.
- Even tho it is a bit pricey I give it 5/5 on the price, because a little goes SO far. It is very much worth the money. One jar usually lasts for almost a year with me, even tho I use it very often.
- Whenever I have felt a pimple emerging from under my skin, I put this cream on top of the area before I go to sleep and let it work overnight. The pimple never shows up on my skin when I do this.
- It works on dry skin. Elbows, knees, face, feet - you name it.
- I love to exfoliate my face 1-2 times a week before I go to bed and apply this on afterwards. The mornings after I do this my skin tone is super even, my skin glows, redness gone, moisturized - and after some time it looks like my acne scars are faded from doing this routine.
- It doesnīt have any ingredients that can harm your skin.
- It comes in a jar so you get to use up the whole thing. Just be careful to wash your hands before digging into it.
- Amazing on blisters!!! Also on small wounds/cuts/scratches on your skin. They disappear so much faster if I put it on the area overnight.
- Can be made into a scrub if you put sugar etc. in it and rub it on your skin.
- Sometimes when I run out of eyecream Iīve used this instead and it kind of works there too. I struggle with dark circles and they donīt like completely disappear but somewhat, and no undereye bags.
- Good for applying on freshly shaved areas. Skin never gets irritated when I do that.
- Works on insect bites.
- Cool name, right?
- I mentioned it works really well on areas where acne is about to pop up. However I do NOT recommend using this on a pimple that is already out there. I did this at first (and yes the pimples shrinked and became less painful) but I also started to notice that if I put it on already-out-pimples it leaves an acne scar...almost everytime.
- Doesnīt work well as a day time facial cream, because it takes some time to soak into the skin. I donīt think this cream is ment to be used as a day cream anyway, so it doesnīt really count as a fault. Just felt like telling.
People who write bad critiques on this perhaps use it the wrong way. You only need a pea sized amount, and you have to rub it a bit between your fingers to warm it up. When itīs like an oil you apply it.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium Hair: Brunette Eyes: Blue
I used to keep Vaseline at my bedside for lips, hands, etc. This has replaced that, I sometimes use it as eye cream, makeup remover, on dry patches (face too) and mostly for my lips! I tried putting this all over my face and just couldn't, the smell is obvious of the olive oil and I just felt too greasy. However it's great for a lot of stuff and a great value!