Unlisted Brand • MAD Minerals Foundation • Foundations
|Would buy this product again.||80%|
Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown
I would like to give this 3,5 for now.
Ingredients: mica, zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, iron oxides , ultramarine blue. I ordered the shades for cool/neutral skin, and the fairest and most neutral was Fairly Light. In Everyday Minerals I usually use Linen and Fairly light neutral, NC/NW 15 - I have a lot of redness and scars to conceal.
Strangely enough this foundation doesn't make my pores look huge like houses! I have no idea what the reason is, or if my hypothesis about the titanium dioxide could be true... Lately I've been comparing a lot...and mmu that has the TD as main or second ingredient, SEEMS to enlarge my pores and make my skin look awful after a while... I'm not absolutely sure, cause it could be how the products are milled or something else, but as said, this is just a hypothesis...
Anyway! This contains TD as third ingredient. And looks quite ok on the skin! This provides medium coverage. More coverage than lily Lolo, less pore enlarging and "messy"-looking (cause of my oily skin) than Alima and Lucy minerals. Not as good coverage as my ordinary EDM matte ( but EDM contains lauroyl lysine on the other hand, and I'm trying to find something without it to see....).
I would like the coverage to be more "heavy" cause the foundation fades during the day cause of my extremely oily skin.
The shade is a problem. I need something "neutralizing" - my skin is very, very fair with a lot of hyperpigmentation, acne scars, bumps and different discolorations - sometimes I believe I have rosacea, but the doctor says I don't.... SO, I really need full coverage that is NEUTRALIZING!! My old EDM Linen did this really good!! But, its really hard to find such a kind of shade now: mad minerals most neutral and light shades, are still pinkish!! And during the day my face can "flush" cause of different things, stress, foods, tiredness... So I really need something with more yellow in it.
Yes, I could buy a separate corrector for this, but I prefer having it all in a foundation, not having to mix even more... So! The shade is a little to pink for my skin!
- does not enlarge pores
- ok price
- hard to find a good shade (I ordered about 15 samples), they're pinkish
- would like it to be full coverage
Yes, I'd order this again if I don't find anything that has a better shade or better coverage. :)
Update: I wore this during 3 days , together with their primer called Primitive primer powder (containing arrowrot) and their concealer (containing kaolin clay). After 3 days I broke out with large bumps and new clogged pores where I usually don't get them, and my skin looked irritated. But I also had my period these days and I had been out in the sun a whole day... So I'm not sure what caused this... I'll have to try this again, but right now I'm a little scared... I'll try to give it one more try soon again....
Update 4/3 -13.
Now I've also compared this to meow cosmetics. Their foundations are NOT as covering as this. And their contains glitter... So ill try to order a larger size of this anyway.. and try to use it more daily to see how the skin reacts... I can mix the shade a little with my old EDM, on days when the skin is more red....cause I really like the soft "creamy" coverage....compared to other brands. Therefore: 4 lippies for that.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown
This was my first ever mineral makeup. Either this foundation is really bad, or it just doesn't suit my skin type. I have very oily skin, especially in the summer, and I found that this foundation would look really good for the first hour or two, but after a few hours, it would start to cake on my skin. I also think my skin looks oiler with this on than without... Mind you, I have never tried this with a primer. I have tried various mattifying powders though, and various application techniques, but nothing seems to work.
I gave the product two stars because it is relatively cheap; safe, natural, non-irritating, and non-comedogenic; comes in an extensive shade selection; and the owner, Barbi, is more than willing to send you free samples to help you find the right shade. However, I would not recommend this to people with (very) oily skin.
Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Medium Eyes: Brown
After reading some of these great reviews on MAD minerals, I made a couple sample orders. I have used the samples up this past week and find it to be really great! Both lucy and alima itched my face up during the day, but MAD didn't! And Mad's SKIN COLORS matched perfectly--which is a problem I had with all powders I tried. My fair skin is so hard to match and the color fairly light worked perfectly, blended into my skin perfectly, looks natural, and gets a dewy glow throughout the day!! Best part of all, it is clearing up my havoc-wreaked skin from so many failed makeup trials! It feels soothing on if anything and doesn't irritate. Coverage is amazing too and it lasts all day long!!! It does get a bit less-perfect by the end of the day, but nothing that a freshening-up can't fix! The website even explains how you can use these minerals on freshly laser-resurfaced skin and things like that. Also, they offer a sample-size shipping price that is only around $3 if you're just getting samples and then it's $6.00 if you make a full order like I did! Go ahead and give this makeup a try if you have ridiculously sensitive allergic skin! The pricing is very affordable too. Will update my review soon!
UPDATE: Had to drop this down 3 lippies cause as usual, looks like I spoke too soon. I ended up trying one more mineral makeup brand after this one and no matter what they break me out/irritate my skin, which makes me think my skin just can't tolerate mica. I've always had this problem where natural-based things usually caused more harm than good on my sensitive allergic skin, so of course this almost came as no surprise. I find things that are inert/synthetic seem to make for better makeup products only because they don't react with my spastic skin. Overall though these mineral makeup trials ended making me go back to liquid makeup.
Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Violet
HOLY GRAIL quality alert! thank to all the reviews here at MUA I finally found the perfect mineral makeup foundation for me. I thought i found my holy grail with lucyminerals but i think MAD minerals perform similar to lucy'sminerals with the exception that MAD has better color selection for very fair skin color like mine. I will compare MAD with several well known Mineral brands. I first stumbled upon this make up reading the reviews here. I didn't expect much from this mineral company because I've been burned badly by so many mineral companies through their faulty claims. They paid people to pump up their products on youtube and informercial and I fell for it. This company is all real. I simply cannot believe such a high quality make up can exist at such a low low price. Bare Minerals caused severe rashes on me, EDM foundation do not look natural in my opinion, Lucy minerals is great but I can't find a color match, Meow cosmetics look cakey and grey, suncat made me break out, afterglowcosmetics has no coverage and cause skin congestion with foods in their cosmetics, alimapure doesn't stay put and has no coverage, jenulence and mineral hygienic clogged my pores and have no coverage. sheer cover, lauress, monave, illuminaire, sheer minerals miracles, etc.... and the list goes on and on and on. I can't even keep track of all the names I have tried over the past 10 years.
1. MAD only contain 4 ingredients so it is very safe for most people including myself. i broke out with rashes using bare minerals.
2. MAD has better coverage than alimapure. Mad has better staying power than alima. MAD is better pricing than almost all major brands of mineral cosmetic.
3. MAD is way more smooth and beautiful in texture and quality than every day minerals. the EDM semi matte looked hideous on me. MAD is amazing. it covers all pores, blemishes, and i can actually add on multiple layers without looking over done.
4. MAD compared to afterglowcosmetics doesn't contain organic ingredients to harbor bacterias, fungi, etc to cause infection and acne. My skin is so healthy using MAD minerals. Even during my "bad skin" day, Mad Minerals still made my skin look so healthy and beautiful. Even though the coverage can go up to a medium, on me it looks sheer thin like I barely have anything on.
5. MAD has great staying power, it doesn't break off your face, change color, fade, slide off the face, transfer color, turn muddy, or cause rashes. In my opinion, this is the first perfect mineral makeup i have used in the past 10 years. I must have tried over 20 brands.
6. it is very water resistant. I worked out a sweat in it and my skin still look great. It looks just like real skin. it minimizes pores, covers imperfection, smooth, clean and simply beautiful. i didn't have to buff it hard into my skin to get a smooth coverage. In my opinion, this makeup can go from sheer to medium coverage without looking overdone. I haven't tried full coverage yet to see how it looks like because my skin doesn't need full coverage. It is so perfect to the point i didn't need any concealer, finisher, or primer to create the most beautiful canvas. no cakey flakey skin.
7. I am so in love with how smooth natural this makeup made my skin. It doesn't accentuate lines, wrinkles, or creases. The price is so amazing. Their shipping fee is so low. I will definitely reorder more from them. I used to love lucy's minerals but their color selection do not do my skin justice like MAD minerals.
8. 8 hours plus and i haven't done any touch up. I look amazing walking around the mall. I worked out in it for half an hour and it still look amazing. It even looks better after I sweated. I haven't tried swimming in it yet but I will update my review after I swim
9. Here is where MAD minerals outperform the other mineral makeup. It's their color. They know how to make it look like real skin. I was so happy to find a perfect match for my super fair skin. In the past, I would end up with minerals that either make my skin color look ashy , dirty, grey, muddy or white cast. This is the first time that a mineral makeup make in look alive with a natural glow from within. I look fresh faced.
10. seriously, this is the first perfect mineral makeup I have tried. fast shipping $2.95 shipping fee for sample sizes. The full sizes shipping fee are $6.00. It is kind of steep but they have the fastest shipping time of any cosmetic company I purchased from. I got to give them credit for that. the same day i paid was the same day they sent me shipment notification. samples come with free samples also. beautifully wrapped. This is a very high quality makeup finely milled. makeup smooth as silk, so easy to apply, my less than perfect skin now is smooth as porcelain, no pores, no wrinkles, glowing from within, and i do not look like I am wearing makeup. now that's amazing. lasts all day, no touch up, no break through, no rashes, no pimples, no muddy skin, no orangy colors, just beautiful me.
this is a very environmentally conscious company. They sell makeup in refillable bags at very generous portion and low price. I feel like i just found a gold mine today. They have makeup in various sizes so you don't have to spend a lot .
UPDATE : I finally got around to trying out more of their product but I think this company has undergone some type of change. The website changes as well. Their formulas no longer work for me. The coverage isn't as smooth and natural as it used to look. In addition, my skin is getting rashes from their basic foundation. It doesn't stay put on the skin like it used to. I don't know why so many mineral makeup companies keep on changing their formulas. Most of the time, for the worst.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium Hair: Brunette Eyes: Green
BEST FOUNDATION EVER!
I even picked my exact shade (rosy light I think it is) the first time I ordered it offline. Great, natural ingredients and affordable pricing. The container it came in was a little small and weird and took a bit to get used to, but its no big deal.
I have very acne-prone skin with a lot of fading scars and pigmentation, and I really hate having to depend on foundation to feel confident in my skin, but I don't even feel like I'm wearing anything when I put this foundation on. It matches and clings to my skin perfectly after I put moisturizer on, and it really looks NATURAL. I love the fact that I feel like people are looking at my SKIN and not my foundation covering. It hasn't caused any clogged pores or irritation, and in fact I think it may be soothing to my skin as it tries to repair itself.
Do yourself a favor, if you are like me and looking for a foundation that is both natural, affordable and looks like your actual skin, PLEASE TRY MAD MINERALS. You will not be sorry, believe me.
Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green
I have this in Natural Lt-Med and love it, I was so lucky to find a matching colour at once. I find the coverage to be adequate and use it basically every day. And the price is very cheap, too. I have normal skin and it doesn't appear to be too chalky on my face. I find it hard to think of going back to liquid foundation very easily.
Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown
I love the color selection that MAD Minerals offers and the price is so reasonable. I was hoping that this would be an alternative to BE, but after testing out the Light-Med Olive and Med Olive, I realized I would not be able to use it. The Light-Med Olive was a nice color match for me (can use BE Light and Golden Medium) but it made my skin feeling too tight and looking too crepey. This definitely could work for oilier or younger skin, but I will have to stick with BE for now.
Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Hair: Black Eyes: Brown
I liked the coverage of this foundation. It is medium, and I also liked how light it felt on, along with the price. However, it was just too chalky looking. I'm on a quest to look for a creamier looking mineral foundation. I'm convinced it IS possible, hehe.
Also, the staying power is kind of terrible.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination Hair: Brown Eyes: Black
I ordered a 10g foundation on my first order and was really lucky to find a match. I am inbetween NC25 and NC30 and has quite yellowish undertone, Asian. MAD foundations give me quite a good coverage without the feeling of being too thick as compared to Meow Cosmetics Flawless Feline formula. MAD prices are also one of the cheapest I have come across so far. It's only USD7.50 for a 10g which could last you quite a while. Will definately repurchase more.
Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel
I got a 5g jar of the Medium-Olive mineral foundation recently and I'm REALLY impressed with it. I think I may like it even more than my Fyrinnae Superpower Foundation. This has a creamier formula and I find covers a bit better, although they both are very good foundations. The coverage is excellent with this foundation and I like the Medium Olive (I am gold toned, MAC NC30, EM combo of Golden Medium/Winged Butter, Alima combo W3/Olive 2/G2-3, Fyrinnae Sunstone) color - it's a perfect color match for me. I wasn't expecting to like this foundation so much! They really cram-pack that 5g to the top and more so, the sample sizes are so generous. This 5g will last a while, but I plan on ordering the deluxe starter set with the primer, bronzer, concealer and 5g multi-tasking color, to see how I like those. The sheen is quite matte, which is great for me, because I'm oily. If you like EM Matte, Intensive, or Fyrinnae Superpower Mineral Foundations, you should really try this out. It's kind of hard to tell from the swatches, but there is a good color guide on the MAD Minerals site.
I wish the sample jars had sifters like EM...but you can buy a sifter jar from MAD for cheap! It is much like the texture of Fyrinnae superpower foundation, in that the particles of the mineral foundation powder, seem a bit larger than they do with EM or Alima when you tap them out on the lid to buff, and you may have to buff in a bit more, but I find with the proper technique, the coverage is so great with these foundations.
Edited 5/08: I added the picture of Mad Minerals Medium Olive foundation above, from their swatches. Great for MAC NC30/C3.