Essie • Crystal Nail File • Nail Tools
|Would buy this product again.||90%|
Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium Hair: Black Eyes: Brown
fantastic filer! I don't like to file my nails too much, but when I need to, this filer gives me exactly the right smoothness. =) It's easy to use and I love the way it looks. It lasts years before you will need/want to replace it.
Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel
One of the best nail files out on the market. Everyone should invest in one of these. I have three (hangs head). They are freaking amazing. Kind of on the expensive side, but worth the money, because unless you drop it, it will last you for the rest of your life.
Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green
Everyone needs to have at least one glass, crystal, diamond or ceramic file in their nail care arsenal. Essie's Crystal file is a good mid-priced option. Leaves a nice smooth edge and unless you drop it (don't drop it!) it will last for years!
Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark Hair: Black Eyes: Black
This nail file is amazing and has changed my life! I bought this 3 years ago and it is in perfect condition (I dropped it once when out of its case and it has a tiny chip but still works fine). This is well worth the high price it will last you forever. will list the positives of this nail file.
1. It lasts forever, or pretty much as long as you don't break it.
2. It files nail beautifully, you can file it both ways and it does slip your nails. It almost buffs your nail down rather than file, it files smoothly which prevents nail breakages and keeps nail strong.
3. It comes with a protective shatter-proof case which I keep it in and it has stopped my file breaking many times.
Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue
I bought this a year ago and I still love it. It was my first crystal nail file and I'll never go back to emery boards. It leaves my nail edges incredibly smooth and it takes up very little room (compared to a stack of emery boards that wear out and need to be replaced).
Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown
I love my Essie Crystal Nail File. I have had it now for almost 1 year and have no regrets with my purchase. When filing my nails, it leaves the edges smooth and without snags; it also prevents splitting and peeling. It makes filing my natural nails easy and fast. I like that it can be washes, and sanitized for continued years of use. I plan on buying another Essie Crystal File as a backup to keep in my purse. Also, it comes with a convenient case for protection. You won't be disappointed.
Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown
After dropping my last crystal file I was on the prowl for another one today, trying to decide between another Essie and a Nailtek. I searched the product reviews and this board for a comparison and did not find one, so I am posting this comparison in case it helps anyone in the future.
Since I had Essie and Revlon in the past, I coughed up a little more for the Nailtek, and I am glad I did! Here's the skinny:
1) Revlon - not worth your $$. Too rough at first, then takes way too many passes to file anyway, nails on chalkboard effect all the time, dulls quickly. Just go for a better one IMO.
2) Essie - very good, this was my first one. However, after a year or two of use it dulled. The case was also a pain to handle and not lose the cap, which is why I ended up breaking it.
3) Nailtek - my favorite!!! It is smooth but has enough grit to file quickly. Once in a blue moon you do get the nails in the chalkboard effect, but just it's really just once in a while and the same is true with the Essie. Within a minute I learned to adjust my angle and motion without issues. A couple passes go a long way (but not in a bad way). This is the smoothest and most effective of all, plus the case is cute and effective. Now if it lasts the Nailtek will definitely be my HG!!!
I hope this helps someone out there. Crystal files are DEFINITELY the way to go if you want to grow your nails. I can't believe Trade Secrets charges $22 for the Essie, though. It's $9.99 at Ulta, and the Nailtek is $16.50 there too. Of course if you can get a coupon then you save a little more.
Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue
This review is for the mini file.
I bought this as a 'just in case' to keep at work, but started using it a little when I misplaced my larger Manicare crystal file for a couple of weeks. It does a good job, but I found that within a few days, the nails I had filed started to crack/split on the edges. Once I found my regular file and went back to that ( had to file my nails short past the splits), the cracks stopped again, so as nothing else had changed I'm pretty sure it was this file.
It does do the job and it's really handy in size and has great storage, but I would not use it or anything more than an emergency fix. It just doesn't do as smooth a job as my manicare crystal file, and I can even feel the difference when I run my finger along the surface - it is much rougher.
Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Neutral Hair: Brown Eyes: Brown
I used this for a long time, don't remember how long, but over a year. I thought it was OK. Less annoying than other types of nail files. This one was my file, but I may toss it now...I've discovered the Sephora brand glass file, that one files my nails a lot smoother and they are no longer peeling and as I just mentioned - nail edges are much smoother now.
Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey
I'm trying to grow out my nails for the first time in my life. According to various boards and forums, crystal files are the way to go, and they're right!
I noticed right away when I used this that the edge of my nail was perfectly smooth, so there's nothing to snag and eventually peel/break/tempt me to chew.
I like that this is washable and it retains its surface. I look forward to having this for many years!