Unlisted Brand • Sweet Almond Oil • Moisturizers
|Would buy this product again.||89%|
Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair Hair: Brunette Eyes: Blue
I've been experimenting with various oils since discovering the OCM method. Its something I wish I had discovered when I was younger as it would have saved a lot of upset and money. OCM has saved my skin. Im 45 and have suffered from oily skin, large blocked pores and spots over the years. Although the spots cleared up except for the odd one or two when I was in my 30's, Ive pretty much suffered with large, visable pores and an oil slick on my face on a daily basis.I initially used jojoba and castor oil for OC which has worked well for me but I was concerned about overloading my skin with too much oil so only did it about once a week. I bought some SAO (from Handmade Naturals for those in the UK), virgin, cold pressed and have over the last week been using it as a moisturiser. I had stopped using my moisturiser (Olay) due to the oil slick on my face by the middle of the day. So far, the SAO has been great. My pores are smaller than they've ever been, almost unnoticeable, and my skin is definately less oily during the day. Im still a little worried about any possible breakouts that may happen as its still early days but at the mo, its all looking good! It also has reduced the dark circles under my eyes as others have found. I didnt like it that much for my hair - I prefer my coconut oil for that.
Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown
Almond oil is an amazing product from Nature. I use cold pressed virgin sweet almond oil for skin treatment. Here are some uses of almond oil for me -
* mix with ground oatmeal, milk and red lentil powder and use as a scrub/paste for the face and body. Leave on for few minutes while in shower and rinse. Works great as a soap replacement.
* oil cleansing - as a child, I remember being annoyed when my Mom would ask me to use coconut oil or almond oil on the skin and hair. I just hated the oily feel of the skin afterwards. Oil cleansing is an ancient Ayurvedic treatment and I wish I had listened to my Mom in my adolescent years! Instead I insisted on using Ponds and other commercial creams and lotions! The concept of Ayurvedic Oil cleansing is to apply oil all over the body and wait for an hour or so, for the oil to suck out the impurities and dirt. Then rinse off in shower, using a scrub or paste of red lentil. Amazing!
Almond oil works wonders on the skin. A tablespoon of oil should be more than enough for the face and neck. Massage the oil in upward strokes on the face and neck and around the eyes. Let the skin absorb the oil for a few minutes. Then blot out the oil by using a damp hot cloth. The capillary action sucks out the oil from the skin and all impurities are sucked out too.
Blackheads are zapped. The skin is left as smooth as a newborn's. AO also gives a super face lift and plumps the skin a bit, so that the effect is younger looking skin.
* pssst....here's a secret - AO works exceptionally well to remove ingrown hair after the hair has been partially plucked out by mistake or scabs. Preferably before bedtime, rub AO on the areas where the ingrown hair bits are and use the hot towel treatment. Follow up with an oatmeal or lentil scrub to cleanse the area. Then reapply a very thin film of AO on the area. Leave overnight and wash face in the morning. The area where the ingrowns and scabs are is smooth as silk.
* almond oil works amazingly well for under-eye dark circles. AO applied overnight (sparingly) under the eyes and the next day the eyes are sparkling and dark circles thankfully missing.
* use a tablespoon of AO in a hot water bath or apply a bit of AO all over the body after a shower while the skin is slightly damp. No need of a lotion after using AO.
* scalp treatment - warm AO works well on the scalp to stimulate the hair follicles. Caution to use sparingly though. Too much of AO applied on the scalp may cause hair loss.
Unfortunately, AO is awful for the hair. It may make the hair brittle. Also it does not get absorbed easily by the hair. In general, AO is not my first choice for hair oil treatment. Coconut rocks for hair!
* feet and hands treatment - mix with sesame oil and few drops of peppermint oil and rub onto feet and heels until the oil is absorbed by the skin. Wear socks to bed. The following day, use a loofah or pumice stone in the shower to remove any calluses or dead skin. AO softens the skin of the heels and hands.
* AO applied sparingly, reduces wrinkles and fine lines. As is with any product, going overboard by using an excess, may not work well.
I got my bottle of cold pressed EVAO from India. It cost a lot less than a bottle of lotion and is going to last longer too. I saw how the oil is extracted on a wooden churn press using raw almonds. Wonderful product indeed!
Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Hair: Brunette Eyes: Green
This is great and usually found at a good price. Whether you are mixing hair/skin tonics or using it for household things it's great. I have seen thicker, darker colored sweet almond oil but it was slightly grainy and thick-this is more filtered.
Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium Hair: Blond Eyes: Brown
This is often recommended for use on babies/infants for example in the bath water or for a massage, so being pregnant I bought a bottle online which was actually quite cheap. It must be the real thing though because it's really good quality, I have already used it on my baby belly and to massage my partner, and it's really perfect especially for massaging because it has no scent and doesn't get absorbed too quickly.
Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green
I you don't have a nut allergy - Sweet Almond oil is a great thing to use for topical, skincare and aromatherapy (carrier oil) & massage applications.
Light, easy to blend with other oils, works well on its own also.
Not cheap - but not cost prohibitive.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium Hair: Black Eyes: Black
i use this as hair oil, face moisturizer and body oil.
it's a really good sealant. make sure u apply it right after shower or wash your face so it can seal in all the water and moisture. and the texture is perfect, not too watery thin and not too thick until it's hard to rub in.
for hair, i massage, and let it sit for a few hours then mix it with my shampoo (2tsp/shower). my hair looks shiny, very healthy, bouncy, and feels so good to touch.
olive oil is too greasy, avocado oil too thin, coconut oil not moisturizing enough.
this is the best oil you can get at grocery store. and it doesnt easily go rancid and smells good too lol.
Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair Hair: Blond Eyes: Hazel
I used this for OCM and it clogged every single poor that I have. I am back to my hemp seed oil that doesn't break me out, but leaves me a little dry.. not too bad though. I will never use almond oil AGAIN.. I'm still recovering from it after a few weeks of not using it. I have skin that is VERY easily clogged, acne prone and sensitive.
Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown
Sweet almond oil is the most versatile carrier oil ever. I use it for the occasional OCM, in my overnight hair oil blend and I know it also makes a great body moisturiser. It's cheap as chips to get great quality cold pressed sweet almond oil.
Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium Hair: Black Eyes: Brown
I have decided the best way to use this for me is to rub it in while in still in the shower after I've turned off the water (if that makes any sense). It makes my feet look healthy and not dry/cracked. I tried it on my face and didn't notice much, just hydration but this is definitely not a miracle product.
I'd consider it more of a multitasker. Cuticle oil, makeup remover, face moisturizer, hair treatment, etc..
Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue
I cannot believe how well this works. Dark circles under my eyes are hereditary. I cant really wear makeup to work so I wanted to find a cream or anything to help reduce the dark circles. After 5 days of putting it on every night, I could tell a complete difference! I'll be using this forever!