Unlisted Brand • Extra Virgin Olive Oil • Moisturizers
|Would buy this product again.||91%|
Age: 25-29 Skin: Other Hair: Other Eyes: Other
I love olive oil on my food, but hated it on my hair and skin.
I tried to add a few drops to my conditioner and made my hair greasy (even after I washed with shampoo), smelly and weighed it down (I have curly hair).
I have used a few times as an eye make up remover (when I didn't have any at home). It doesn't work well, takes more time, leaves a heavy film and gives me small red bumps.
As a lip scrub (mixed with sugar), it's messy, tastes awful and makes no/very little difference. As a lip moisturizer worked worse than lip balms (plus the olive oil taste and scent).
Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium Hair: Brunette Eyes: Black
Ok so my daily regime has turned into an all natural one and here is what I do:I wash my fash with all natural olive soap and then apply honey mask.Let it sit for 30 min and rinse.I apply green tea as a toner and before bed I apply extra virgin olive oil+vit c+vit e and it has been breaking me out.What am I doing wrong?Someone please help I really want this to work.(I have really oily skin could this be the problem?)
Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium Hair: Blond Eyes: Brown
I used to put olive oil on my hair while I was young ,My hair by
that time was very long , strong , healthy & curly. Olive oil by
then was great for my hair .Now as I have bleached & very dry hair
olive oil do not work for me any more . so my advise is olive oil
will not work for all hair types it will not help bleached hair becouse
it will make your highlight darker & for damaged hair you need
stronger treatment to add shine & moist for your hair
however I will continue buying olive oil not for my hair but for
Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green
I know there are some people wondering why the heLL people would use food (none the less an OIL) as a part of their daily beauty regime. Well, the same reason people use maynaisseto and eggs to condition your hair, lemon to lighten your hair in the sun, honey/tumeric/avacado/coconut oil/sugar/salt on your skin for cleansing, balancing and exfoliating. It has been used for many many MANY years, and people love it because it's all natural and it works! Extra virgin olive oil is like the HG of all oils that you can use for MANY different beauty regimes... it's so multi-faceted and very forgiving- which makes it super easy to work with. There are also many external health benefits to using extra virgin olive oil as well. Some of the external health benefits are: anti-aging, prevents acne, cleanses, adds hydration, prevents free radical damage, acts as a skin barrier for harsh weather and so much more! I have made a list of the TOP ten ways I love to use EVOO for my beauty treatments and rituals. One more thing to add, is that all of these I have done at home- very simply.
Natalie's Top Ten:
1) Wear it alone: you can simply wear extra virgin olive oil all by itself to treat normal, dry, oily, combination and sensitive skin. You can also apply it to skin conditions such as oily and acneic skin, eczema, and dry and cracked skin on hands or feet (anywhere really). It might sound strange to apply oil to an already oily face; however this will actually make your skin less oily because they counter act each other. You dont need much... Not anymore than 2 teaspoons for your entire face and neck.
2) Wear as a moisturizer: extra virgin olive oil is a great moisturizer, for most people. You can do it like me and mix it in with your regular moisturizer at home if your skin is dry and your moisturizer alone isnít cutting it. Just add a Ĺ teaspoon at a time, (and work your way up from there...) to the palm of your hand and mix with the moisturizer.
Just an F.Y.I since we are talking about moisturizers- EVOO is better than using regular olive oil because it is pure, and it has all of its vitamins and nutrients still in tact. Therefore you will get the best results and benefits using extra virgin. It will cost a bit more, but is well worth the extra money.
3) Hair mask: to use as a hair mask, take a Ĺ cup of mayo, one egg, and 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Mix it all up and apply to the ends of your hair working upwards. Do not put on the scalp to avoid looking too oily. Leave it on for 20 minutes and the last 2 minutes take a blow dryer and apply a little heat all over your head. Pre-wash your hair until the water runs clear, take ablow generous amount of shampoo and work through hair for a minute or two. Repeat wash two more times, and then add your conditioner. Let it sit for 5 minutes, and rinse out thoroughly.
4) Lip balm: to make a lip balm, pour a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and mix it with some raw, unprocessed honey. Then apply to your lips! Itís tasty too. You can also store it in a little container to take with you, but only use it the day you prepare it, and then throw it away. It's a bummer that it only lasts a day, but the fresh balm works so much better on you lips.
5) Lip exfoliator: Chapped lips is something many people (including me) suffer from, especially in the winter months. A lip exfoliator is beneficial in removing the dead skin and allows the lip balm to penetrate better. To make a quick lip exfoliator at home all you need is to take some granulated sugar, and mix it with about a teaspoon of olive oil. Keep mixing until you get the right consistency, but there should be more sugar than oil. Massage into your lips, then gently wipe off with a towel. After you apply your balm, you will be able to feel the difference.
6) Face mask: There are so many facial masks you can make with extra virgin olive oil (EVOO). You can literally add it to any kind of mask, for moisture, Below are the ingredients for masks for a few different skin types/conditions.
∑ Oily/Acne prone: Use the egg white from one egg, 1 tbsp of honey, 1 tsp of EVOO, 1 tbsp of milk.
∑ Dry/Combination: 1 tbsp of smushed up avocado, 1 tbsp of EVOO, 1 tbsp of honey
7) Facial exfoliator: To create a facial scrub (it can also be used anywhere on the body) grab a bowl. Mix a Ĺ cup of brown sugar, a ľ cup of extra virgin olive oil, and 2 capsules of vitamin E and 2 vitamin C. Mix together, then apply it to your face. Scrub for about a minute or however long you see fit. (Note: Using brown sugar is better then using white because it is not as granulated and more gentle for the face.)
8) Eye make-up remover: take a small bottle and fill it with water. Then add a few tablespoons of EVOO. Shake well. Then take a cotton ball and moisten it with the mixture, and just wipe off your makeup. Make sure itís pretty diluted so you donít get too much oil in your eye. Then wipe it off completely.
9) Make-up brush conditioner: Makeup brushes collect dirt, oil, and harbor bacteria, therefore they need cleansing too. And of course you can even use EVOO for your makeup brushes. It is very easy to use. All you do is take a paper towel, put some olive oil onto it, then swirl your brushes around on it. Afterwards rinse it with your facial cleanser, baby shampoo, or makeup cleanser. This will leave them soft, shiny, and clean.
10) Naturally lighten your hair: if you apply this combination to your hair, it can make for a natural DIY hair lightener. I have used it before. Raw, unprocessed honey contains traces of hydrogen peroxide that gradually lighten the hair when applied consistently over time. The olive oil helps to soften the strands. You can also add Ĺ a banana for extra nourishment. Let it process for 10 minutes in the bowl. Then add to your hair and leave for 30-40 minutes. You will see results after a short period in the sun (which will accelerate the lightening in addition to t
Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium Hair: Black Eyes: Black
I wish i had discovered this super cheap yet effective product earlier.
I have spent thousands of dollars from years of using brands like La Mer, Shiseido, Estee Lauder..etc.
But since i accidentally discovered olive oil as face moisturizer, i suddenly have people compliment me on my skin. I was like floored! nobody really noticed my skin before.
I am so happy coz' it didn't clog my pores. I admit i was so scared to try it the first time around. But waking up everyday to soft, supple and smooth skin is bliss.
I still wash with my regular soap. Then apply my diy vitamin c toner (vitamin c tablets+distilled water). Then i let it dry a bit. After that i put olive oil and warm it on my palms.
Cheap and easy yet super duper effective:)
Oh to round off my routine, i also drink 2 teaspoon olive oil daily.
Plus vitamin c, vitamin e and omega 3 capsules.
Perfect skincare routine for me!
Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green
I have been suffering from really terrible hormonal cheek acne from my bout with Loestrin (since stopped that and gone onto Gianvi) and it has been a really painful process to the point where my skin is severely damaged from my cheeks to jaws to chin. I am in the recovery phase currently where I still have a blemish here and there (4 on my face at a time) but very bad scarring.
This helps so much to moisturize my face and lighten redness/scarring. I've seen my skin go from dull and red (due to retinoids which I've since stopped) to bright and moisturized. I realized by using this product that the problem with my skin is that its TOO DRY and then it overproduces oil, causing acne and exacerbated by the progestin in Loestrin. It has been a very serious battle... let me tell you.
I use a gentle cleanser (Purpose) and then mix EVOO with my Nivea Soft moisturizing cream and put it on my face with a Q-Tip (being extra careful because hands can have bacteria). So happy with its moisturizing effects and that it doesnt clog my pores.
I can say that I avoid my nose when using this because I noticed that oils can make blackheads look bigger. EVOO has completely cleared up my forehead... I can't wait to see how far it'll take my skin in this recovery. A blessing.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green
best makeup remover na. I use it nights to get off concealer/powder/eyeliner/mascara/lipstick etc etc and follow up with my usual cleanser. I also use it most mornings mostly as a buffer to ensure that my skin is totally clean but also to keep my cleanser from stripping my skin too much. definitely recommend that you wash this off with a cleanser just because removing it with water alone won't get it all off (it's really good at clogging pores) and because removing it with a washcloth requires you to be too forceful and could damage your skin in the long term. either way I really like it and I've never had any serious issues!
Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black Eyes: Brown
I use this to remove makeup every night and it works a charm. Definetly hop to the store and pick it up! Best makeup remover ever :)
Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive Hair: Brunette Eyes: Brown
I know, I know. Olive oil as a beauty product sounds ridiculous.Let me change your mind! I started dabbing olive oil onto my face five days ago and it has worked absolute wonders. I don't have problem skin--just run of the mill combination skin and a pimple every blue moon (usually due to academic stress)--but my dark spots and acne scars are fading and I've noticed that my face looks less red, too. I have oily skin and was very hesitant to try this because I'm, well, slathering fatty oil all over my face, but it's super absorbent and doesn't make you look more oily or anything. Quite the opposite. Another benefit: IT'S CHEAP AS HELL and you probably have olive oil in your kitchen pantry right now! Go try it!
Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive Hair: Brown Eyes: Brown
After reading these reviews on this site about extra virgin olive oil and helping get rid of getting dark circles under the eyes I thought what the heck I have tried everything else. I applied it under my eyes just before bed. I now believe miracles do come true as the circles under my eyes have faded. After one week use the dark circles are non existent. Thanks to you all for the wonderful beauty tip. Keep the beauty tips coming.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green
EVOO is a MIRACLE for my skin. This is an absolute HG product for me.
I have chalky, dry skin prone to flaking and dry patches. I've tried all sorts of moisturizers, serums, exfoliators, masks, etc, and nothing gives me results like olive oil does. After removing my makeup at night and cleansing my skin I just massage a little bit of EVOO into my face and leave it on overnight. It leaves my skin absolutely gorgeous and glowing. I notice less blemishes and reduced fine lines as well. I now get complimented on my skin all the time and always recommend it to people asking what my secret is!
Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium Hair: Brunette Eyes: Hazel
My country produces olive oil (Portugal) so we have very good quality here for cheap.
I tried last year but somehow i notice many clogged pores, so i stopped using it... I wasn't really sure it was EVOO causing those clogged pores. That time i massaged it on my face, go directly to the shower and after a few minutes letting the steam open my pores, i would use my regular cleanser.
This year, i tried Revlon Colorstay for the first time and i loved it. But as everyone may know, the big challenge is to take it off your face... So i reched for EVOO again, and never stopped using it. But now i massage it in may face, remove it with a paper tissue and the in the shower i use my regular cleanser to make sure i don't have any oil residuo, and my pores are deep clean. My skin improved a lot, i have less blackheads. And no breakouts at all. Very satisfied.
It also removes my eyemakeup very well.
Very cheap and effective makeup remover :)
Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair Hair: Brunette Eyes: Other
I'm Greek and Sicilian so naturally olive oil is common in my house. I have oily skin so wouldn't dare use this anywhere on my face. I have used it on my body before but I really dislike it because it doesn't sink in well and makes me a little itchy. I've tried it to remove mascara and although that works my eyes sting like crazy. However, EVOO is my all time favourite dark hair conditioning treatment found from the David Suzuki website. I mix 2 parts honey to 1 part EVOO (usually I do 2 tbsp honey to 1 tbsp olive oil for mid length hair) and leave it in my dirty hair for about 5-10 minutes. I find I like the honey mix because it keeps it sticking in the hair so oil doesn't get everywhere and it's a similar pH. You can keep this mixture for a few months in case you have extra. It takes 2 shampoos to get out. I haven't conditioned afterwards but I'm sure if you feel, you can. My hair is incredibly smooth, shiny, and easily tamed after and I live where there is extremely hard water. Basically it works because EVOO can penetrate the hair shaft and honey as humecant attracts moisture. I can leave my hair unwashed for a full 3 days whereas I'm an everyday washer otherwise. I try doing this at least twice a month. This is an HG treatment for me. I have some raw honey I want to get rid of so will try that next time and heat the two together to mix a little better. My friend who is Egyptian with coarser hair than mine loves leaving olive oil in her hair overnight with a towel wrapped around it. She's got such a great head of hair. Definitely worth a shot!
Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium Hair: Brown Eyes: Brown
I mix sugar and evoo into a paste. Then I put it into a baby food jar. Now I have a great hand or facial scrub that leaves my skin feeling so soft and dewy. It's cheap, organic & great!!!
Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium Hair: Brown Eyes: Brown
I just washed my face with evo because I had three pimples that are quite big.i used it massaged it all over my face then rinsed with water.then I use a facial foaming cleanser from ponds and that was it, and just after an hour my pimples were FLAT! I'm gonna use this again tomorrow and the next days and see what difference it could really make on my skin.just try it out n trust In it.:)
Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Hair: Blond Eyes: Blue
I rub 100% pure and organic olive oil on my body right when i get out of the shower. The trick is to dab it on when your body is still moist (not wet) from the shower. When applying it on moist skin it absorbs into the skin and locks in hydration. After doing this trick for 2 weeks i have noticed a great difference in the way my skin looks and feels. I even sometimes use a small amount for eye makeup remover and it takes my mascara and eyeliner off perfectly. There are many different brands of Olive Oil and it doesnt really matter which one, as long as you are getting 100% pure extra virgin.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green
On my dry skin and dry hair, this is a godsend. I rub a nickel-sized amount between my hands and use it on my chemically high lighted, waist long, thick hair after I shower. It helps moisturize and really feels like it sinks in! For you ladies that use protein treatments on your hair for strength, I highly recommend using something as moisturizing as EVOO afterwards to bring back elasticity and prevent brittleness!
For my body, I use EVOO almost exclusively. It's excellent when I shave my underarms and legs, making razor burn a thing of the past! I rub this on my arms, legs, and decolletage after I shower and while it takes longer than a lotion to soak in, the moisturizing powers are unmatched.
As for my face, I'm a bit on the fence. Yes, it removes makeup like a dream, but I found that the pores on my nose became congested and looked larger after doing the oil cleansing method for a bit over a month. I still remove my makeup with EVOO by treating it like a cleanser but then make sure to follow up with a traditional cleanser afterwards. Love it!
Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive Hair: Other Eyes: Other
Besides cooking, I use olive oil as a hair masque once a week. I have bad split ends and dry hair from repeated heat styling, but I'm trying to grow out my hair. I use olive oil every week to help moisturize and protect my hair, keep my scalp healthy, and make my hair soft and shiny. I bring a little bowl (probably 2 tbsp) into the shower with me and dip the ends of my hair in it. I apply some to my fingers and comb them through the rest of my hair, then pour the rest over my head and massage into the scalp. Then, I rinse it out and shampoo/condition as normal. Afterwards, my comb slides right through my hair. It's smooth, soft and shiny but not greasy at all. Love it!
Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan Hair: Black Eyes: Green
i use this to remove my mascara and undereye concealer. it works soooo well. i also apply it on my eyelashes before i go to sleep so my lashes are conditioned. it has really strengthened them. i highly recommend EVOO for hair, skin, and nails
Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair Hair: Black, Curly Eyes: Green
I LOVE this stuff. I've used/using it for everything.
1. My hair has been seriously damaged over my "teenage I don't care what happens to my hair I'm changing the color every 2 weeks", evoo is seriously recovering my and regrowing my hair better than any other products I've tried. I use this about twice a week and rub it into my hair and scalp and leave it in for 30-60 minutes, wash it out and my hair is shiny silky soft and full.
2. EYELASHES!! I'm a huge false eyelash girl and the glue has done some damage to them. I hadn't really cared as I was using false eyelashes almost everyday... but now I'm starting to just want my own eyelashes. So I've been using this every night and literally within 4 day's there has been a difference. Stronger and thicker! I've heard after about 2 weeks they also get longer so we'll see.
3. On my lips as a moisture thingy.
4. When I'm just having a beauty night I'll just lay in a bubble bath and rub this on my face for about 15 minutes. Not around my chin area as it will cause me to break out there, but around my nose and cheek area. It does an amazing job of getting rid of all the dirt stuck in your pores.
5. Makeup remover for eyes.
Yah Extra Virgin Olive oil is a miracle beauty product, I will never go without it!