Biologique Recherche • Lotion P50 • Toners
|Would buy this product again.||81%|
Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair Hair: Brown Eyes: Blue
This review is for "P50 1970" - the formulation with phenol. A friend recommended this as an "insider's secret." All I can say is, Wow. Why didn't anyone tell me about this sooner? I have had rough skin with acne and now that I am in my 40s, sebaceous hyperplasia. This is refining and smoothing my skin. I have only been using it for over a week, but I saw a difference immediately. I use 2-3 drops on a wet cotton ball with the water squeezed out, twice a day. I am continuing to use Retin A Micro and Paula's Choice BHA 9 for the sebaceous hyperplasia, all with no peeling or redness. AMAZING!
Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair Hair: Red Eyes: Green
I want to hate this because of the chemicals but when I stop using it I see the difference within a week and it's not pretty. So I've used it for years with no plans on stopping. It stinks. It sometimes burns. It works. I see less overall redness and my mid thirties hormonal breakouts are less than they are without my hg p50. I only use it at night and the small bottle lasts me 5 months. I only put about 5 drops on a cotton pad and press (the woman at rescue where I buy it says NOT to wipe) firmly into my skin avoiding my eye area.
Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium Hair: Brown Eyes: Brown
I tried. I tried. Oh did I try to like this product since it seemed like everyone else did. But everytime I used it, within a few days, I'd break out in cystic acne. Now, I had both the phenol and phenol free versions, both stung and made my skin itchy. In short, I learned my lesson the hard way that even if it works like a miracle for 99.9% people out there, there's still a chance I might be the 0.1% who is just THAT lucky for it not to work.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium Hair: Brown Eyes: Black
This is my HG exfoliating toner! I can never imagine myself without this product! It makes my skin look better 10x before i started using this beauty in a bottle. Aghh! I cant express the love for this toner.... It makes my skin GLOW! A forever stAple in my skincare routine;) worth every penny! (Make sure to get the p50 1970 formula) .
Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium Hair: Brunette Eyes: Brown
I bought this recently on Caroline Hiron's recommendation. I think I had the standard P50 and after telling the BR sales lady about my skin type she recommended this one. I then used it two nights in a row (as recommended- tapping rather than wiping), and also tried out a BR mask. My skin is now peeling and flaking like crazy and, worse, about four huge cystic spots came up immediately after. To be fair I have just moved house and have been under a fair amount of stress so this may have contributed (atleast to the spots appearing). However I am now terrified to use it again as I'm pretty sure that at the very least the flaking was due to the strong acids. I might try it again at some point (perhaps on my neck/décolletage instead of my face. I've used glycolic prodcts before so I think that goes to show just how strong this stuff is. Beware- clearly this doesn't work for everyone.
Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive Hair: Brunette Eyes: Brown
Game changer. I've been using this toner for a week along with other products from the BR line. I heard about them online but put off trying them until I went through an insane hormonal breakout and felt desperate. These products not only cleared up that breakout, but absolutely have changed the texture of my skin. It is glowing from the inside out. I'd recommend this to anyone who could afford it - acne issues or not.
I have sensitive skin so I'm using the P50W. I use it twice a day, after cleansing with their Lait VIP O2 cleansing milk. I put a couple of drops on a cotton pad and pat it along my entire face/neck - a little goes a long way. Then I sit for 5 minutes or so and let it soak in - I think the way you use this product really determines how well it will work for you. You've got to give it some time to activate!
Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair Hair: Blond Eyes: Green
I have been struggling with my feelings about this toner for a while now. I purchased it in January 2014, with phenol. I am trying to be more conscientious about the ingredients in the products I use, and would not purchase this today (or in the future). I suspect that phenol is not the safest if it is banned in Europe. I was convinced to purchase this version because it "works better." I have sensitive skin, so I wet a cotton pad before using it. If I don't wet it enough or use more than 3 drops of the toner, my skin turns bright red. I don't notice any decrease in pore size, and I really only get 1 or 2 hormonal pimples a month, and that hasn't changed. My skin is oily, and that hasn't changed either. It smells awful too. Like chloraseptic throat spray.
Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair Hair: Red Eyes: Green
I used p50 religiously for 3 years. About 4 months ago I stopped because I was annoyed with the price. I have red hair and fair sensitive combination skin. I literally had no choice but to go back to using this product! Without it I don't have good skin that much is obvious. I was breaking out constantly. It doesn't matter what cleanser I use as long as I have my p50. Within days of going back to using p50 at night my skin has dramatically improved. I am never going without this again. HG.
Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black
My review is for P50 1970. I have only been using it for three to four weeks so far at the time of this review. It is strong and it definitely works because of the phenol in this formula. I bought P50 1970 instead of the newer formula of P50 because I wasn't sure whether the newer formula of P50 would exfoliate effectively enough and I didn't want to waste any money!
I have sensitive, oily and acne prone skin and when I kept using P50 1970 in the first two weeks the fingertips of the hand I use to apply this with to my face kept peeling like a lizard and even though that has stopped those fingertips still feel like they were buffed really smoothly by something therefore something about P50 1970 really does work.
I would say that I made the mistake of using this twice a day, first in the mornings and then in the evenings of course, which was a huge mistake and exfoliated my face a little too much. So please don't make my mistake LOL : ) That exacerbated things so now I use P50 1970 in the evenings only and use First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads during the mornings for the moment.
After I use P50 1970 along with Biologique Recherche Creme Dermopurifiante that's when my skin really started to improve by leaps and bounds, feel smoother and acne started to clear up and pimples dried up and shrunk rather quickly! Oh I was so happy and I still am! : )
I use P50 1970 once a day in the evenings, Biologique Recherche Complexe Iribiol serum twice a day, Clarins Lotus Face Treatment Oil twice a day and Creme Dermopurifiante twice a day now and I use Biologique Recherche Masque Vivant twice a week. I'm glad that I found out about this brand for this exfoliator but especially for the Creme Dermopurifiante. : )
Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown
I have been using the P50 for almost 4 weeks now and I have to say I am very happy with it. I have done a lot of research on the lotion and I was prepared for the break-outs some have experienced. During my first week I literally only used 3-4 drops (I am not exaggerating, literally only 3-4 drops) and only during the night. I wanted to ease my skin in and potentially avoid the heavy break outs. Every application sting and burned in a good way but didnt last very long. The second week I started to wet the cotton pad with a few drops of water and then added about 6 drops of the P50; at this stage i was still only using it at night. Within the first two weeks I got a few pimples here and there during the day but they would disappear by the next morning. I also noticed my complexion was getting smoother and even. Sometimes I also felt my skin getting too rough and it looked like my skin was cracking like porcelain. This was easily fixed by my daily moisturiser. The third week I started using the P50 lotion morning and night, wetting half of the cotton pad. I didn't react any different to the last two weeks. I was definitely seeing a huge difference, I was confident to go to work without foundation and only used concealer under my eyes and nose. Now when I do wear make up I can't wait to take it off and also don't find myself as pretty with it on. Honestly, I never have been this confident about my skin and I will definitely continue with the lotion. Many also mentioned the horrible smell - I didnt find it too bad at all. The smell doesnt last on the skin and disappears after a few seconds and definitely when you apply moisturiser. I also noticed the lotion stings stronger when it touches new pimples - this gives me the feeling that it is really foghting against all the grime underneath and clearly this must be the reason why the pimples disappear over night! Conclusion: i feel this product working and I can see it in the results I have achieved so far. To others about to start with this I strongly recommend easing in the way I did but be prepared for the worst none the less (every one reacts differently). My verdict right now: yes I would repurchase again and I cant imagine not ever using it in the future!