Kevyn Aucoin • The Expert Lip Tint • Lipstick
|Would buy this product again.||87%|
Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium Hair: Blond Eyes: Green
Pro review for a veteran UK senior MUA. Another belter from Kevyn Aucoin, who thankfully had just created his own cosmetic line, sadly just before he passed away nearly 10 years ago. Leaving the MUA community devastated. He was the most, creative, innovative, pioneering genius MUA of our generation. Eric Sakas, Kevyn's long term trusted friend, now steers this ship. as creative director and President. Absolutely what I expected, soft creamy buttery texture, high colour pay off, fantastic wearable shades for all skin tones. Some will complain about the price, but you simply get what you pay for, PRO QUALITY.Even if you buy 1 only, treasure having a little piece of the maestro, because he can never be replaced or replicated. It's not often you read a review like this from me, but I absolutely love his whole line. It's nearly 10 years since he passed. His name, books and products will live on forever, I SALUTE YOU. Kevyn the iconic MUA. KEVYN the man. R.I.P, we miss you dearly
Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue
What a disappointment. I hate being the lone negative review (maybe I got an old tube), but this stuff was RANCID. The smell was absolutely horrible--like melted plastic, and it was so strong that I could still smell it after removing it with Clinique's Take the Day Off.
The color I got, Leaharia, wasn't bad--it's a matte nude with a slightly pink tone. The formula wasn't drying, but not moisturizing either. It was definitely not special enough to make me overlook the rancid plastic smell.
The few KA products I own besides this are great (the e/s is wonderful and the e/s brushes are HG material), but this was not worth the $23 I paid for it. Back to Beauty.com it goes!
Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey
I won't buy other lipstick anymore -- no other lipstick performs for me like these. I have ThelmaDora and Dantique; I'm almost out of Dantique and the local store in Vancouver doesn't have it, so I'm going to have to search high and low online.
ThelmaDora is a fantastic light pink / beige, and Dantique is the only red I can wear, found after a long search for red lipstick (others were either too blue or too orange for my skin). Neither of these comes off on my teeth -- but every other lipstick I've ever owned has. I've found them to be long-wearing (especially the ThelmaDora, which is newer). Both are moisturizing, although they don't repair chapped lips (nor are they meant to).
No other line comes close in terms of colour, texture, or durability for me. Another plus is that they age well; most other lipsticks I have, no matter how expensive (e.g., Trish McEvoy, Stila) get that waxy, grandmotherly lipstick smell and consistency after 6 months or so. Not so with these; my Dantique is 2 years old and still a joy to apply & wear.
Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive Hair: Black Eyes: Black
I've tried several of these in the last two months, and HANDS DOWN, my favorite is ENCHANTABERRY. Possibly the loveliest berry color I've tried in years.
I have medium olive skin (think LATINA skin, yellow undertones, but cool, not overly warm) and deep brown-black hair; brown-black eyes. My hair can look black in certain lighting, ditto the eyes. My skin is sort of like the color of coffee with some cream in it. (Darker than the popular Latinas--Penelope and Salma.)
So, that's a guideline for the way I respond to the colors:
ENCHANTABERRY: A FULL 5 out of 5: perfect. Subdued but with enough brightness that it doesn't make me look yellower. Has a slight brightening effect on my teeth, too. I will buy this again, no question. Adore it. I think the color is a berry that's suitably subdued that many skin tones and gradations can wear it and find it flattering.
PRINCIPESSA: 4: a much brighter version of the berry color. I tone it down with an underlayer of Enchantaberry some days. I use it when I want a bit more brightness (not garish, just brighter) berry color. It flatters my tone, but is not as elegant and wearable as Enchantaberry.
KATANATURA: 3: a bit too brown for me. Makes my lips (already strongly pigmented with a natural sort of plummy color like many Latinas) look too brown for my taste. Doesn't give that nice "brightening" effect that I want in lipstick. I do think it's a nice color and many will find it a great daytime color, but it dulls me.
ThelmaCora: 3: This works as a nude for me, like when I go to the gym and don't want to look made up.
Dantique: 4: a pretty soft red color. This is my second fave Aucoin. Still a bit more brown that my tone likes, but so nice, so gentle, a red that many will be able to wear without feeling overdone.
I also really like his lip pencil and brow pencils. The brow pencil is now one of my Holy Grail items, as is Enchantaberry.
About the formulation: very creamy, very lip-softening and nourishing. This means it just doesn't last long. I reapply OFTEN. I don't mind doing that so much, but for those of you who need a long-lasting lipstick--this is NOT it. This is a nurturing lipstick, which has kept my lips from doing their usual chapped-up-arama. My lips are really, really soft when I use these.
The Smell: I love it. It's like roses, rose water, like that. If you hate the smell of roses, be warned.
The case: I'm huge on red. Love black and red. So, the intense metallic case is a lot of fun, if lacking in elegance. It's sleek and bold, but not "pretty." I like it.
Age: 30-35 Skin: Other Hair: Black Eyes: Brown
I like the colors I purchased. However, the texture, while smooth, is overrated. These lipsticks aren't drying, but they're far from being moisturizing. I bought ThelmaCora and Sucara. ThelmaCora is a medium beige nude with warm pink tones that looks far more natural with my coloring and dark/mauve lips than Leaharia, which washed me out. It's a nude I can wear alone, without other makeup. Sucara is a light bronze with orange and gold tones which also works beautifully with my complexion. Both have nice shimmer, which is why I bought them. These are good lipsticks, but no better than some better high-end lines. Also, the packaging could be improved--the tube is too square and bulky.
Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown
I absolutely love these lipsticks. They are so smooth and look so natural. They are not heavy at all, feel weightless. Best of all, I like the scent. I have already repurchased these and will continue to do so as long as they are available. Love these lipsticks so much.
Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue
i just bought this in FALON. the most perfect l/s for my coloring ever..it is a pink with a peach base..like my other fave MAC SKEW, this is a wonderful ''grace kelly' color as i would call it..neutral with a bit of color.
i love it. i need more KA in my stash!
Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination Hair: Brown Eyes: Other
I have this in LEAHARIA , KATANATURA and FLORALIA. I dearly love them all. I find that if I exfoliate my lips, use his lip pencil and 'lightly' apply, I am left with lucious natural sexy feeling lips. I am currently lemming his lip glosses, because these are so far fabulous under any lip gloss I have tried. Again, you only need the tiniest amount of product for a gorgeous effect.
Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination Hair: Brunette Eyes: Green
I have this in Samilke - it definitely has an overpowering aroma of roses! It is a very bright pink on me; I would compare it to NARS Niagara. Goes on very smoothly though so I am very keen to try out other colours. But for now, this goes up for swap!
Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green
I tried this when it first came out and loved it so much that I added almost all the colors to my pro kit. This lipstick is creamy, sinks into the lips well, and sets itself to avoid smudging and gives you long wear without dry lips. It truly just glides onto the lips. I love the pigmentation on this as well. You can take a lip brush and use the tiniest bit rather than applying from the tube (which I find to add too much pigment unless you want a really BOLD look). The colors come out as they are in the tube but the sheerness or boldness can be adjusted by the amount you use. They don't change colors when they hit your lips and the way they glide on almost reminds me of silicone slip you get from a good primer. I love that they are truly a stain for the lips meaning you get the long wear without the dryness or stiffness. The scent is kind of rose with a faint vanilla undertone. Everytime I use this on someone they want to know what it is and where they can buy it. I've never used it on anyone who just didn't fall in love with it. At my last fashion show all the models were lined up at my chair, leaving the other artists with empty chairs because they heard I had the "good stuff"...ie the Kevyn Aucoin lip products and cosmetics that made them look and feel good. They all loved the scent and the feel. One model commented that it just felt luxurious and made her feel beautiful. That's definitely what this lip product is about. Luxury, and a glamorous pampering feel. The packaging is gorgeous as well. I'd recommend these to anyone. Truly beautiful!
Age: 19-24 Skin: Other Hair: Blond Eyes: Green
I bought this lipstick/tint in Leaharia. And really love it. I bought it because I really wanted a lipstick where the color would last yet not always have my lips feel so "lipsticky" (so when I kissed my boyfriend he wouldn't wind up with colorful/glossy/glittery lips). This lipstick fulfills those purposes. Most say the color is a pinky beige, however for me it was more like a very natural and neutral rose/pinkish-red. "My lips, but better/deeper/more defined". It went on very smooth with a consistency like a lip balm or very moisturizing lipstick. It has a rose scent/taste to it but even that dissipates after a while. Hours after the lip balm feel had gone away I still had color on my lips, just slightly faded. It's the next best thing if you hate those "long-lasting" lipsticks that feel like paint and flake off. It's lipstick that smoothes on like lipbalm and gives you color that slowly fades over hours.
Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination Hair: Brunette Eyes: Green
I'm reviewing Moonbiba. I'm not sure if this is a new shade or not. It is more of a lip tint than a true opaque lipstick-- seems sheerer than KA's other lipsticks. Leaves a beautiful deep blackberry stain on the lips that lasts a long time. Highly recommend! (i'm a FFF to MMM KA 07, Armani 5.5-6.5).
Age: Unknown Skin: Combination Hair: Brunette Eyes: Green
NOTE: CLICK "CONTINUED" TO READ MY REVIEW EASIER!
Hi girls, I've gathered all your comments about The Expert Lip Tint colors so I can figure out which to buy. Thought this might be helpful to you too!
- caramel, nude beige
- It'll replace my now defunct CK *Greige* It's a little more peachy while *Greige* is a little more ashy
- natural rose, mauve pinkish rose
- coral red, bright red w/orange undertones
- a stunning, bright coral red lipstick
- it leans towards red abit more with strong coral tint
- an awesomely striking red, but when applied, it shows up like a coral
- lightish warm pink beige
- a nice pink/brown, everyday lipstick
- The loverliest pinkish beige lipstick...not too dark or too light
- Instead of brownish pink, it looked greyish pink on me
- It is described on the package as a pinkish-beige, but I find it to be more pink than beige
- It is definitely a pinky beige on me. On my pink lips this is more pinky than beige, but still not a pink color.
- The lipstick says right on the tube - pinkish beige. When I look at this lipstick, both in the tube and on my lips, all I see is a sort of rosy brown, heavy on the brown - NO pink, NO beige!
- It's a matte brown with a hint of pink
- a nice, neutral pink/brown
- is supposedly grayish pink, but it really looks almost straight camel nude - not pink at all, it's definatly a nude color
- described as "grayish pink" on the website, but I beg to differ. It's more of a pink-based camel w/a touch of mauve.
- It's not grayish pink on my skin, rather it's a perfect shade of nude that makes me look alive
- It is a greyish pink, but when paired with my Chanel Nude lipliner it became more rosy and was the most flattering color on my LLL skin
- medium slightly bright rich rose color
- a lovely rose color (bright)
- a warm, rather bright rose color
- a brighter pinkish rose color than I expected
- a light-medium rose color. Very nice for daytime or just a nice rosy lip color.
- a medium rose that manages to be vivid and natural at the same time. No brown tones
- I was expecting it to be a blue based rose, and it's more of a warm shade. it looked like a coral rose color on my lips
- the description says natural rose, to my eyes this is a medium sort of bright mauve. a little brighter than what I was expecting
- a very nuetral red, a true blood red color and it's really a sophisticated color
- beautiful, but I find it a vibrant pinky-purple red
- not really a blood red
- a cool burgandy red color
- Very pretty blood red shade looks more like a brown red vs a plum red shade
- dark blackberry
- a lovely berry red
- a warm berry red color
- a more muted reddish berry color compared to Princepessa
- The most beautiful soft berry color
- it stains my lips with a beautiful warm red tone
- a dark berry with a hint of red
- a GORGEOUS sheer tawny
- a browned-red color
- On me, this product simulates the natural color of my lips...darkens them a bit to a kind of reddish brown...more on the brown side definitely. This probably looks more vivid on those with pinker lips or fairer complexions.
- a slightly browned red. Very similar to NARS Zanzibar, but with a more suede-like texture that almost looks like a stain rather than a lipstick.
- not a true red, but more like a paprika red b/c of the brown base
- a gorgeous light reddish/plummy/brown color
- This color would look gorgeous on darker skintones--it's a pigmented brown-maroon
- a very nice shade for fall
- medium brown with a little rose in it, very natural
- a beautiful bright berry red
- a super duper bright berry with blue red undertones...may appear fuschia on some
- sheer red, reminiscent of Nars Gipsy
- the warm brown undertones shone through more than the pure red
- It's red, but it's so muted and soft, it 's completely wearable
- it's the perfect brown/rose/red without overpowering an otherwise naked face
- a sheer warm red colour, it looks quite bright but still natural. it makes me look like I've been kissing; it gives that red lipped, swollen/pouty look if I've bitten my lips or pressed them together.
- a wonderful brickish red with a slight mauvish? undertone. A warm red.
- a tad bit less berry and a little more of a red
- a beautiful sheer red
Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry Hair: Brown Eyes: Brown
I just got my Moonbiba (dark blackberry) lip tint in the mail. I really like it. The colour is suitable and I like the stain idea-but it's moisturising too. It's sheer enough for your own lip texture to show through, and is a really nice addition to my lipstick collection. The beautiful packaging/tube doesn't hurt either. With that said, I loved Kevyn Aucoin and he can do little wrong for me.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination Hair: Brown Eyes: Hazel
the best lipstick i have ever tried. i didn't have to deal with the bad color swatches on the website, b/c i found a store that carries the line and i tried on the lipstick in person. i got enchantaberry, a warm berry red color, and i am in love! i have a fairly light complexion, and this color looks amazing on me. it's my HG red lipstick. the formula is incredible--goes on smooth, lasts forever, and feels weightless. my lips became the color of the lipstick without looking like i had any lipstick on. i can't say enough good things about this lipstick! (oh, and the packaging is so sexy! my roommate saw it and said "whoa..."). i know it's expensive, but it's so worth it.
Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Medium Eyes: Blue
Eh. I can't say I was terribly impressed with this lipstick, but maybe it just couldn't live up to all the hype. I got Samilke, which is a warm, rather bright rose color. I found it pretty drying (but I do live in the desert, so this is a chronic problem for me) and the colors were too warm for me. I also found the packaging bulky and unattractive. I returned it to N-M, along with the other one I purchased, Tawny, which I didn't even try.
Age: 30-35 Skin: Other Hair: Other Eyes: Other
Hmmm. While these lipsticks are nice, I'm not convinced they're the HG of lipsticks. I have Moonbiba (a sheer blackberry), Samilke (a brighter pinkish rose color than I expected) and Enchantaberry (a brickish pink/red). They are incredibly smooth, but have the *oddest* smell. They're very medicinal smelling, but at least they're tasteless which is good. I also didn't find them to be especially moisturizing either. The container is pretty to look at...but too bulky for my purse, let alone a pocket. The sharp corners---ow.
Eh. They're good, but not something I would go out of my way to buy again. I like Giorgio Armani's much better. GA's are much more moisturizing and smooth.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive Hair: Brunette Eyes: Brown
Lip Tint is a fabulous lipstick. It goes on feathery and weightless, has a creamy texture, yet has decent staying power. I currently own Bloodroses and look forward to trying additional colors. :-)
Age: Unknown Skin: Other Hair: Other Eyes: Other
These lipstick are really weightless, without disappearing off your lips in 10 minutes. I love how smoothly these go on. The texture alone makes these lippies worth $22.
Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown
Although I did like the texture of this lipstick a lot, the price is rediculous. Especially considering that the swatches on the KA site are COMPLETELY wrong in every way. It's very disapointing to order some 22 dollar lipsticks only to discover that the colors are totally off. KA also needs to offer a better selection of colors. The packaging is GORGEOUS!!! It's very quality, and it's a sexy deep red boxy style tube. The Shu Uemura Atelier Made lipsticks are the same exact wonderful texture, the colors are prettier and they're cheaper (but shu's packaging is so cheap!). So if you find those, snag them! Shu's Home Sick (sheer pinky mauve nude) is a great alternative to Leahria. Oh, and I found that Tatjanaberry is not pink at all, it's definatly a nude color.