Giorgio Armani • Maestro Eraser Concealer • Concealers
|Would buy this product again.||66%|
Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel
I was madly in love with this when I first got it, I have it in shade 2. I'm not sure what other people mean about the wasteful packaging, I don't have that problem. However, my 13 year old daughter who knows everything about makeup ;-) has pointed out that rather than concealing my dark circles I've managed to turn them orange instead. I'm pretty sure she didn't mean that as a compliment so I started looking at other products! I have found something else I like much better, so my little love affair with this product is over.
Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black
I simply love this product. Despite all the flaws, I cannot live without it and it's a fantastic product. In my opinion, I think that women use concealer under their eyes mostly because we have bluish/greenish shadow under the eyes. The absolute key in tackling the undereye area discoloration or uneven skintone is in COLOR CORRECTING. Bobbi Brown correctors are fantastic and this Giorgio Armani product is very very good. This product is not a concealer that you would use on other parts of your face or body. It's not meant to conceal blemishes, scars, or any imperfections. What this product is meant to do is work on color correcting the undereye shadows (from blue, purple, green) with peachy or pinky tones. So this entire product line consists of shades that are either peachy or pinky.
Why I love this product:
1. Like I said above, the peach or pink based shades are perfect for camouflaging your undereye darkness.
2. It is very very easy to blend due to its watery consistency. This product is the most fluid consistency corrector I have ever come across. Compared to the Bobbi Brown's creamy correctors, this is the absolute opposite. Very water like, it will roll off the back of your hand. So it's incredibly easy to blend into your sensitive undereye area. Just tap tap lightly and it blends with minimal touch and resistance to prevent fine lines. You never want to rub a product into your thin-skinned, undereye area to blend a product! Super easy to use, and I don't think you ever need to use a makeup brush! Just use your good old ring finger to TAP TAP!
3. VERY LITTLE PRODUCT needed to color correct everything! I just use a small drop to cover both undereyes. It will last me a long time. If you have discoloration around the eyes, you might need to use a bit more product but even then, the product should last you a long time!
4. Using less product under the eyes = less creasing under the eyes, less fine lines in the long run, less dryness under the eyes! Why I reach for this product more often is that the eye area is very delicate and this area cannot hold a pile of makeup or cream. It's the area where there is a lot of movement and stretching of the skin (blinking, smiling, etc.) so imagine piling on a thick layer of makeup and it's moving with your skin every time you smile or blink. It's a big burden on the skin and this leads to dryness and fine lines in the long run. Use less product, do not rub or irritate and be as gentle as you possibly can with one of the most sensitive areas of your face & body.
What I don't like about this product.
1. Packaging is a huge inconvenience for such a good product that I enjoy using. It's in a tube container which is hygene-friendly compared to the Bobbi Brown creamy corrector which is a small pot prone to contaminations, drying, dirt/dust submerging into the pot, etc. I love that it's a tube container but since the product is very fluid in consistency, it's hard to store. If you keep the tip of the tube facing down or store it sideways (lay flat on the longest side of the tube), the product will leak into the cap and make a big mess. So I keep my tube flipped upright, cap/tip facing upward. It's inconvenient but not the end of the world. Just make this adjustment and you should be fine :)
2. Reflective particles! This product contains very fine, reflective particles that are invisible to the eye but I'm not sure whether it's good for flash photography. I haven't tested if this product flashes back in photographs but be aware that it does contain reflective particles to brighten and catch more light in the undereye area. It's there for a good purpose but flash photography be aware.
3. Staying power - not the best. Bobbi Brown corrector is a very thick, creamy consistency that really doesn't budge and has long lasting wearing time but this product does wear off much faster. But considering how easy and quickly you can apply this product flawlessly, you can always re-apply, touch-up etc. I always dab a little more product every few hours and it's satisfactory!
4. Price is expensive. I can't stop comparing this product to Bobbi Brown corrector but the price can be a hurdle for most people to bravely try this product. It's very pricy compared to other products in the market but like I said, this single tube should last you a very long time. Little goes a VERY LONG WAY. Consider it an investment but do try it out at a beauty counter before you purchase. Nowdays so many shopping malls offer free returns so as consumers we don't really have much to lose.
I highly recommend it and I hope other people can find the perfect solution to their undereye.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond Eyes: Grey
I have used the Armani Maestro Correcter in shade 2 (which is up for swaps) and this is an awesome product that is similar. If you have very fair skin I would suggest this product first for dark blue/ purple under eye circles instead of the corrector. The correcter has to have foundation layered over it if you aren't a medium skin tone. It is smooth and correcting. Doesn't pile up in fine lines. It's also very thin in consistency.
Age: 44-55 Skin: Other Hair: Other Eyes: Other
This product isn't to cover blemishes or flaws. If you don't have ungodly dark under eye circles and don't need or want a heavy concealer this is great. It isn't drying and it doesn't highlight dry skin or wrinkly skin. It's not thick or pasty. Don't be fooled by this liquid concealer. It conceals, brightens, and lasts all day. Remember to shake the tube before applying and pat on.
Age: 30-35 Skin: Other Hair: Other Eyes: Other
Terrible messy packaging that causes loss of product. I wear shade 3 and its great! it's by no means full coverage, but it helps brighten and cover dark circles without glitter!
I can't speak for the "diminishes dark circles over time" aspect.. But this is a great UNDER EYE product.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown
It had a nice consistency (light and glides on nicely; not thick like other concealers). But the downfall is that it doesn't have enough coverage for me; my Mac pro long-wear concealer provides more coverage. It was also pretty pricey. I also like how it has a nice sheen to it but as it does not have enough coverage I'm going to have to pass on this. Not holy grail status for me.
Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel
This product has a lovely, slippery, liquid feel with surprisingly dense pigmentation. I can't use a cosmetic brush beneath my eyes because my skin is too loose, so I pat a touch beneath my eyes with my ring finger. Use very little. It's easy to apply too much because a lot of product emerges from the tube. In fact, that's my peeve: there is very little control as to how much concealer is dispensed, and if I put the tube in my purse, the liquid will pool into the lid and there's a big mess and a waste of expensive product. Giorgio Armani, please work on the packaging! Otherwise, nice to use. Does not cake.
Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair Hair: Black Eyes: Brown
Overall, it is OK. But read on...
Let's face it, Armani is known to be a the goddess of the cosmetic brands. There are reasons for it, but there are so many reasons not to purchase it, too.
I was born with dark circles under my eyes. So this was just another to add to the list.
The actual story is that I was waiting for the Maestro foundation to launch, as I've heard the raves about it. I received a call from the counter at Holt, and when I arrived, it was the concealer, not the foundation. I felt the urge to buy, so I did. Please, lesson learned! Don't buy something if even the SA wasn't wowed.
- light coverage
- minimal creasing over the day
- easy to spread
- light coverage (ha! I need more than this!)
- did not see any results in minimizing my dark circles
- wasn't buildable enough for me to feel confident as my main concealer for under my eyes
- packaging is TERRIBLE - for the amount of my I paid for this, and for what GA markets themselves at, the least they could have done was to ensure the packaging was decent. it comes in a squeeze tube. But because it is SO liquid, it can't be squeezed out, it dribbles out. And when you can't get any product, our natural tendency is to either hold it upside down, or squeeze. DON'T. Half your product will be spilling out and you've wasted another $10 on the counter!
Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair Hair: Black Eyes: Brown
This product is holy grail status for me! I've been using Hourglass hidden concealer for about 2 years now and while I love the coverage it does tend to fade throughout the day and crease a bit. I originally wanted to try the GA Master corrector but the sales associate mistakened it for the Maestro concealer. She tried shade 2.0 on one side and 2.5 on the other. I've been using Hourglass hidden concealer in the shade Pearl and 2.0 was a much better match because it was more brightening. She set it with luminous silk powder in shade 2 and I was amazed. Combined, my dark circles were covered, brighter and so 'real' looking, it was incredibly smooth in appearance. I bought both products on the spot- concealer $45 at Holt Renfrew and $55 for the powder (i ended up going with luminous silk powder in shade 4, because shade 2 was out of stock, but when I compared them on each eye, neither I, the associate or my husband could tell the difference between the 2 shades).
I've been wearing it since the purchase and I am amazed with the lasting power. It stays on all day, from 7am-10pm, no creasing, no fading, looks flawless the entire day. The concealer is very liquid in consistency, and a little product goes along way for both eyes. I am extremely happy! I finally found a creaseless concealer for the undereye area! Granted I blew over $100 (with taxes), I am more than happy with the results and have no regrets. If you are willing to shell out the money to cover those dark undereyes, I suggest trying this concealer out!
Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium Hair: Red Eyes: Green
Wow! I love this stuff! This goes on sooo smooth! It looks beautiful on the skin and is covers so well! Its soo expsensive though and since I'm constantly trying new concealers I'm not really sure if id buy it again.