Giorgio Armani • Maestro Eraser Concealer • Concealers
|Would buy this product again.||72%|
Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight Eyes: Brown
I am not a person to wear undereye concealers because they all get cakey and mucky on me after a few hours making it really obvious that i'm wearing makeup and making me look older. This however, was given to me as a present, and I have to say that this is THE BEST concealer out there in the market. It covers my dark circles beautifully and brightens my whole eye area wonderfully. It doesn't cake and applying this is a breeze (swipe on the spots i need concealing and then dab with fingers). I also do not need to apply powder on top to set it because it just looks like skin but better and lasts all day on me. The colour #1 is the perfect shade for my NC15/GA Luminous Silk #3/NARS Gobi skintone. I am in love with this!
Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette Eyes: Brown
I hate the packaging! You have to store it upside down. This is probably the lightest texture in a concealer I'd ever experienced. Its nice because it feel like you are wearing nothing. The coverage is surprising! I would say light - medium but I look noticeably less awful! It has a luminous finish but it does dry down (unlike tarte or stila). This is fantastic despite the packaging. I will keep using and buying this because its so good that I'll deal with the silly tube.
Coverage: Light to Medium (you can layer this really well)
Texture: Light, REALLY liquidy
Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown
This is a great product with really awful packaging. I love how lightweight, yet pigmented this concealer/brightener is, a little really goes a long way. It blends perfectly into the skin and looks completely natural. However, the big downside is the the fact that the product drips right out of the tube and gets kind of messy. I still love it though, would recommend!!
Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown
After about 12 years, I guess I'm breaking up with my YSL Touche Èclat. This under eye concealer works so well. I'm pretty familiar with GA products and also like the eyeshadow quad, liquid sheer, spot concealer, and mascara. So you could say I'm already a fan of this line. As with all of the other products, the texture and finish of this under eye concealer is flawless. It's a little runny out of the tube so I always make sure to hold the tube upright when I open it. I put a little dab (tiny, really) on the back of my hand and apply it to my under eye area (and a little to the pigmented spot between my eyes and my nose) with my pinky finger or ring finger. I tried using a concealer brush the first time, and it went on too heavily. This product is very layerable, even though it's so thin.
I'm of South Asian descent with warm, olive skin with a gold undertone. I would say that I'm on the lighter end of the "olive spectrum." But, through genetics and occasional late nights, my undereye area is quite pigmented no matter how much TLC I give myself. Unfortunately, now that I'm in my 30s, the area has become a bit darker. That's just life, I guess. What surprised me most about using this concealer was how much lighter my actual skintone is -- it's weird, but when I cover up the dark spots, I'm amazed by how much more "fair" my complexion looks in general. I guess I never realized that I had such dark undereye circles until I got a concealer that worked so well. Also, it lasts all night.
This stuff is expensive - I actually got it for my engagement party - but it's so easy to use that I'm just going to keep it for everyday. Recommended.
** Oh, and I have it in #4.
Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel
I was madly in love with this when I first got it, I have it in shade 2. I'm not sure what other people mean about the wasteful packaging, I don't have that problem. However, my 13 year old daughter who knows everything about makeup ;-) has pointed out that rather than concealing my dark circles I've managed to turn them orange instead. I'm pretty sure she didn't mean that as a compliment so I started looking at other products! I have found something else I like much better, so my little love affair with this product is over.
Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black
I simply love this product. Despite all the flaws, I cannot live without it and it's a fantastic product. In my opinion, I think that women use concealer under their eyes mostly because we have bluish/greenish shadow under the eyes. The absolute key in tackling the undereye area discoloration or uneven skintone is in COLOR CORRECTING. Bobbi Brown correctors are fantastic and this Giorgio Armani product is very very good. This product is not a concealer that you would use on other parts of your face or body. It's not meant to conceal blemishes, scars, or any imperfections. What this product is meant to do is work on color correcting the undereye shadows (from blue, purple, green) with peachy or pinky tones. So this entire product line consists of shades that are either peachy or pinky.
Why I love this product:
1. Like I said above, the peach or pink based shades are perfect for camouflaging your undereye darkness.
2. It is very very easy to blend due to its watery consistency. This product is the most fluid consistency corrector I have ever come across. Compared to the Bobbi Brown's creamy correctors, this is the absolute opposite. Very water like, it will roll off the back of your hand. So it's incredibly easy to blend into your sensitive undereye area. Just tap tap lightly and it blends with minimal touch and resistance to prevent fine lines. You never want to rub a product into your thin-skinned, undereye area to blend a product! Super easy to use, and I don't think you ever need to use a makeup brush! Just use your good old ring finger to TAP TAP!
3. VERY LITTLE PRODUCT needed to color correct everything! I just use a small drop to cover both undereyes. It will last me a long time. If you have discoloration around the eyes, you might need to use a bit more product but even then, the product should last you a long time!
4. Using less product under the eyes = less creasing under the eyes, less fine lines in the long run, less dryness under the eyes! Why I reach for this product more often is that the eye area is very delicate and this area cannot hold a pile of makeup or cream. It's the area where there is a lot of movement and stretching of the skin (blinking, smiling, etc.) so imagine piling on a thick layer of makeup and it's moving with your skin every time you smile or blink. It's a big burden on the skin and this leads to dryness and fine lines in the long run. Use less product, do not rub or irritate and be as gentle as you possibly can with one of the most sensitive areas of your face & body.
What I don't like about this product.
1. Packaging is a huge inconvenience for such a good product that I enjoy using. It's in a tube container which is hygene-friendly compared to the Bobbi Brown creamy corrector which is a small pot prone to contaminations, drying, dirt/dust submerging into the pot, etc. I love that it's a tube container but since the product is very fluid in consistency, it's hard to store. If you keep the tip of the tube facing down or store it sideways (lay flat on the longest side of the tube), the product will leak into the cap and make a big mess. So I keep my tube flipped upright, cap/tip facing upward. It's inconvenient but not the end of the world. Just make this adjustment and you should be fine :)
2. Reflective particles! This product contains very fine, reflective particles that are invisible to the eye but I'm not sure whether it's good for flash photography. I haven't tested if this product flashes back in photographs but be aware that it does contain reflective particles to brighten and catch more light in the undereye area. It's there for a good purpose but flash photography be aware.
3. Staying power - not the best. Bobbi Brown corrector is a very thick, creamy consistency that really doesn't budge and has long lasting wearing time but this product does wear off much faster. But considering how easy and quickly you can apply this product flawlessly, you can always re-apply, touch-up etc. I always dab a little more product every few hours and it's satisfactory!
4. Price is expensive. I can't stop comparing this product to Bobbi Brown corrector but the price can be a hurdle for most people to bravely try this product. It's very pricy compared to other products in the market but like I said, this single tube should last you a very long time. Little goes a VERY LONG WAY. Consider it an investment but do try it out at a beauty counter before you purchase. Nowdays so many shopping malls offer free returns so as consumers we don't really have much to lose.
I highly recommend it and I hope other people can find the perfect solution to their undereye.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond Eyes: Grey
I have used the Armani Maestro Correcter in shade 2 (which is up for swaps) and this is an awesome product that is similar. If you have very fair skin I would suggest this product first for dark blue/ purple under eye circles instead of the corrector. The correcter has to have foundation layered over it if you aren't a medium skin tone. It is smooth and correcting. Doesn't pile up in fine lines. It's also very thin in consistency.
Age: 44-55 Skin: Other Hair: Other Eyes: Other
This product isn't to cover blemishes or flaws. If you don't have ungodly dark under eye circles and don't need or want a heavy concealer this is great. It isn't drying and it doesn't highlight dry skin or wrinkly skin. It's not thick or pasty. Don't be fooled by this liquid concealer. It conceals, brightens, and lasts all day. Remember to shake the tube before applying and pat on.
Age: 30-35 Skin: Other Hair: Other Eyes: Other
Terrible messy packaging that causes loss of product. I wear shade 3 and its great! it's by no means full coverage, but it helps brighten and cover dark circles without glitter!
I can't speak for the "diminishes dark circles over time" aspect.. But this is a great UNDER EYE product.
Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown
It had a nice consistency (light and glides on nicely; not thick like other concealers). But the downfall is that it doesn't have enough coverage for me; my Mac pro long-wear concealer provides more coverage. It was also pretty pricey. I also like how it has a nice sheen to it but as it does not have enough coverage I'm going to have to pass on this. Not holy grail status for me.