Unlisted Brand • Biafine Emulsion • Treatments
|Would buy this product again.||100%|
Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium Hair: Brunette Eyes: Blue
My skin has never been so hydrated. I use it for everything! Daily on my face. Even in a hot, humid climate I never feel the biafine running down with my sweat, or at the gym. I feel as if my skin is healthier, hydrated, and less wrinkled since I started using about a year ago. I also use it for cuts and burns, super fast healing time. That even goes for cuts on my dogs, I slather it on to speed up healing. Seems to work! Highly recommend.
Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair Hair: Brown Eyes: Hazel
Just to clarify what other users have written, you CAN buy Biafine emulsion without a prescription in the US. I got a very bad sunburn, was written an Rx for Biafine, given Prutect (generic), and ran out before insurance would cover a refilll. Generic Biafine is $87 for 45 grams at the drugstore. I got real Biafine (93 grams) for $68 (plus 5 free beauty samples!) from beautystoredepot.com (without an Rx), overnight express from FedEx because I was desperate. It arrived today, so I know it's legit. Biafine smells nicer than Prutect, seems less thick, is more absorbent, and so far is working very well. It has a pleasant tingling sensation that Prutect doesn't have, maybe because of the higher degree of absorbency. Prutect also left a waxy coating on skin that Biafine doesn't, although both contain paraffin. Prutect tends to cause more itching as the waxy coating dries and flakes off after several hours (there is wax all over my sheets, my clothes, and the floor). If your insurance won't cover Prutect (co-pays are usually about $15), Biafine is a great option (and available without an Rx if you know where to look). Most Rx's will tell you to apply it BID (twice a day) in a thin layer over damaged skin.
Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Hair: Brunette Eyes: Green
Love biafine. It is definitely a favorite. I use biafine act tho, bec its available in the U.S. without a prescription, and its difficult for me to constantly get prescriptions for it. I love it and use it on my face to keep it smooth and tight. It's amazing after sun and does prevent those gross age spots from popping up if u put it on after being in the sun (not before). I use it to heal scars and wounds...works like magic and I'm so happy to have discovered this cream!
Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black
* Product - Biafine Emulsion.
* French Beauty Secret - Biafine is definitely the most popular “après solaires” (after sun) skin cream in France. It is the best remedy for treating burns, sunburns and irritations related to burns. Introduced in France more than 25 years ago, Biafine was formulated for the treatment of wounds, superficial wounds, 1st and 2nd degree burns, including sunburns, radiation dermatitis, and minor abrasions. It is extremely popular; no French medicine cabinet is complete without it. It's also popular as an overnight facial treatment. Just apply a thick layer and leave on overnight. It hydrates the skin wonderfully. This is part of my weekly home DIY facial and I always wake up with baby soft skin. A French pharmacie fave!
* In the US - Relatively unknown outside of the medical community. It’s recommended for healing the skin following dermatological procedures such as Fraxel laser treatments, cosmetic peels, microdermabrasions, IPLs, PDTs, chemical peels, etc. It’s also used to treat dryness and redness, scars and blistering caused by radiation therapy in cancer patients and is used to promote healing after skin graft surgery.
* Review - The texture of Biafine is very similar to Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentré (another French pharmacie fave): light, smooth and absorbs very quickly. The skin really drinks this up! It hydrates and soothes burned, hot or irritated skin immediately upon contact. Almost miraculously.
* Other Benefits - Although Biafine is considered a “miracle cream” for sunburns, it’s great for cold climates too. Whenever my skin or lips become dry, cracked and/or chapped, I reach for the Biafine. Immediate relief! It’s also a great after-depilatory and after-shave lotion. And surprisingly, it's very good at calming and soothing cuts, scrapes, scratches, redness and blemishes. Basically, whenever my skin is unhappy, Biafine makes it happy again. In my experience, Avène's Cicalfate Skin Repair Cream is quite good but Biafine works even better because it's not greasy, is absorbed instantly and it also happens to be a lot cheaper too. What makes this great is that it has a neutral, clean odor which makes it suitable for guys and gals. It's also hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic. Biafine really is a great multitasker.
* Important Note - Biafine is not a sunscreen and is not a substitute for sunscreen. It will not prevent sunburn. Also, do not use on bleeding or infected wounds or lesions.
* Cons - The packaging. It’s a non-glamorous aluminum tube which means that it doesn't maintain its shape very well over time. When traveling, I store the tube in the original box packaging to prevent it from getting mangled and totally bent out of shape.
* Ingredients - Ethylene glycol stearate, stearic acid, cetyl palmitate, paraffin wax, liquid paraffin, perhydrosqualene, propylene glycol, avocado oil, trolamine alginate and sodium, potassium sorbate, sodium methyl paraben (E 219), paraben sodium-propyl (E 217), yerbatone flavor, purified water.
* Active Ingredient - Trolamine 0.670 g per 100 g of emulsion for skin application.
* Price - A very large 93 gram aluminum tube retails for under € 5. Super affordable! Available over-the-counter at all French and Belgian pharmacies. In the US, Biafine is Rx only: doctor prescription required.
* Verdict - I’ve never used the term “HG” in my reviews before so this will be a first. This Biafine emulsion really is a skin-soothing panacea, a true miracle cream for me. And in case you’re wondering, nope - I don’t work for the company that makes Biafine nor am I getting paid to write this. (I wish!) No doubt, I will never ever be without Biafine. Highly, highly recommended!